French Canada wants in (the CanP)

On today's SoccerToday Kevin and Duane talked at length about the positive impact of CanPL so far.

They also talked about one major failing -- the lack of French content on the official webpage and app. This needs to be addressed.

From Sports Podcasting Network: 

Le soccer canadien connait un essor inégalé en ce moment avec le début de la Première Ligue Canadienne et la présence de l'équipe nationale féminine à la Coupe Du Monde France 2019.

Je dois par contre souligner le manque de contenu francophone, autant sur le site fr.canpl.ca que sur le site et les productions de OneSoccer. Il est important en ce temps de développement de cette nouvelle ligue pancanadienne de ne pas oublier la deuxième province au niveau de la population au pays et aussi les centaines de milliers de francophones partout au pays.

Canadian soccer is experiencing an unrivaled growth in this country with the beginning of the Canadian Premier League and the presence of Canada at the France 2019 World Cup. Unfortunately, I have to point out the lack of french content on the league's website and also on the OneSoccer platform.

It is imperative, in this time of development of the new standard bearer of the beautiful game in Canada, that we do not forget the second biggest province in population and also the hundreds of thousands of french speaking fans from coast-to-coast.

Sincèrement,
Kevin Laramée
Fondateur SPN: Réseau de Balado-Diffusion Sportives

Listen to Kevin and Duane discuss this on Two Solitudes here . This clip, normally behind the paywall, is free.  

View full record

52 minutes ago, vancanman said:

I look at my old Nordiques sweaters everyday and cry.  The atmosphere in the stands would be amazing once that rivalry gets going.

I absolutely adored them too. From Goulet to Stastnys to my favourite period with Joe Sakic and co.

7 hours ago, nolando said:

I absolutely adored them too. From Goulet to Stastnys to my favourite period with Joe Sakic and co.

My favourite era was the Stastny era, when I first really discovered the Nordiques.

Two years ago, my wife and I went to Quebec for our anniversary.  We stayed a couple of nights at a hotel in Levis.  I knew who was running the place by the name, but as soon as I saw Marion Stastny sitting behind the front desk, I knew who he was immediately.  He was a very friendly, humble guy, but spoke French with a Slovakian accent.