gator

Match Thread-May 8th-Forge FC vs Pacific FC

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Maybe some people find it funny, but I have seats in section 113, and it is not great when I am sitting there with my 3 year old and he hears that all game long...

Come over to Section 104 next year @Stryker911, great atmosphere, lots of kids, and you get to watch the Battalion going crazy from a distance.

I'm not sure with a Hamilton crowd you'll ever get away from swearing completely though.  Even some of the grandmothers here can turn the air blue!  This is the Hammer after all.

5 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Why are they not filling the seats on the TV-facing side first?

4 hours ago, Hybred said:

SSH people picked their own seats. I chose the other side I guess a lot of people did??

The whole bottom was open to buy season seats in, and really, the West (not on camera) side is preferable. Most wind comes out of the West so the stand behind you block it, and the sun will either be just above (at 1pm games) or behind you and not in your eyes. 

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Come over to Section 104 next year @Stryker911, great atmosphere, lots of kids, and you get to watch the Battalion going crazy from a distance.

I'm not sure with a Hamilton crowd you'll ever get away from swearing completely though.  Even some of the grandmothers here can turn the air blue!  This is the Hammer after all.

I have great memories of grandmothers swearing at Bulldogs games!

19 minutes ago, StillOnFire said:

That Novak goal though... Such a good finish... Lovely.

He had a stormer and imo everything they have missed in the first couple of games. You need a physical presence up top. He was more than just that though. Great finish and some great skill on more than one occasion. 

I don't think the scoreline was an accurate reflection of the match. Pacific had their moments. Forge converted their chances. The stats confirm that. xG was only 1.5 - 1.0 in favour of Forge. Pacific out shot them 12-8.

I hope Pacific can remain competitive with their youthful lineup. If results do not go their way, it may discourage other teams from taking a similar approach.

Lastly...away teams having only 5 guys on the bench is really starting to piss me off!!! If 1 of the players gets injured in training (Haber) and 1 is your backup keeper, you only have 3 players for your 3 substitutes. That totally handcuffs the coach and puts the away team at such a disadvantage. Come on CPL! How much more does it cost to travel with 2 extra guys?!?

I seem to have become a bit of a closet Pacific fan. Their team is enterprising and fun to watch, they are bursting with young Canadian talent, and their fans and stadium are class!

22 hours ago, toontownman said:

He had a stormer and imo everything they have missed in the first couple of games. You need a physical presence up top. He was more than just that though. Great finish and some great skill on more than one occasion. 

I knew he scored a lot for The Blue Devils last season, but he has still taken me by surprise. If he carries on like he started, then he could be a breakout player. How was he never picked up by a team in Europe or MLS? (Hopefully that comment doesn't bite me in the future ha).