Cavalry FC Season Thread 2019

As usual I have to correct the biggest fucking idiot in the Canadian soccer scene with what's actually going on in Calgary. 

Rather than say "no large downward adjustment on prices" you should actually say "big downward adjustment on prices in the main grandstand with reasonable price increases in the supporters section to compensate". I even made a spreadsheet to compare the two.

EcpR5t1.jpg

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

No large downward adjustment on prices by the looks of things, but there is some recognition that people behind the pillars shouldn't be paying as much as the people in the same section who get an unobstructed view.

Having looked at @shermanator’s spreadsheet you are either too oblivious to actually formulate an accurate assessment or you are an epic troll. 

58 minutes ago, shermanator said:

As usual I have to correct the biggest ******* idiot in the Canadian soccer scene with what's actually going on in Calgary. 

Rather than say "no large downward adjustment on prices" you should actually say "big downward adjustment on prices in the main grandstand with reasonable price increases in the supporters section to compensate". I even made a spreadsheet to compare the two.

EcpR5t1.jpg

This seems to be bang on in terms of changes. Heavy discounts in the sections they had trouble selling and slight increases in the sections they sold well. This combined with the team’s on field success should make for well attended games next season.

7 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

In all fairness I think a 15% increase in the supporters section is a little steep - however I am a real cheapo   lol

Some people on here will toe the corporate line no matter what. Tickets $40 and up are still over-priced for the quality of soccer involved. Trying to find the maximum price point that the market will bear is not the best way to build a fan base in years one and two. Compare and contrast with the approach that regularly filled a similar sized stadium in a smaller market:

wanderers2.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=54

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Some people on here will toe the corporate line no matter what. Tickets $40 and up are still over-priced for the quality of soccer involved. Trying to find the maximum price point that the market will bear is not the best way to build a fan base in years one and two. Compare and contrast with the approach that regularly filled a similar sized stadium in a smaller market:

wanderers2.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=54

Your assessment of whether tickets are overpriced is not universal, the market will determine that.

And comparing two vastly different markets like Calgary and Halifax is very naive.

14 hours ago, shermanator said:

...what's actually going on in Calgary. 

Thank you to Shermanator for showing how next year's season's ticket prices compare to this season. With all due respect though, I think he's missed the proper analysis. I believe Cavalry's motivation is to lower the prices so they can lock in as many SSH's before they lose the home-and-away championship matches vs. Forge. :)

• 2 weeks later...