Bekker received a two game suspension

Good fully deserved I’m glad action was finally taken , really don’t know what Bekker was thinking with that hit he just totally lost it for a few seconds, but I’m glad he got two games. However , I questioned before the match why Gantar of all refs was chosen for that opening game in an earlier post. I think Gantar and the whole officiating crew for that game hopefully get a talking too for never mind not giving Bekker a red but not even a yellow incredible. But glad it was finally reviewed and justice was done.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:38 AM, Lofty said:

A straight red card for violent conduct normally merits a 3 game suspension. And that is what Bekker should have received. They had better be consistent going forward about the 2 games for a straight red for violent conduct.

There was no red, so you are not sanctioning on the basis of a refereeing decision--there is no mention of it in the ref's report. 

But if it were a red: section 2, article 48 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code says there should be a minimum of 2 games in the case of a red for, amongst other things, an elbow, punch, kick, considered violent conduct.

Don't confuse things. It is the reffing committee that has to have the criteria, and I suppose it is written somewhere--but in any case it would be a league or CSA criteria and they can do with it what they want. What they have apparently done is treat it as if it had been a red for violent conduct.