FC Edmonton Season Thread 2019

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:53 AM, Lord Bob said:

It's amazing how Terry Jones has been writing the exact same column for eight years now.

I think the clutch has been slipping in his brain drivetrain for a while now. Easy enough to keep saying the same/similar shit about the Oilers and Esks over and over but if you have to put some thought into something new or different then it is a bit harder to climb the slope. Should just retire or shut up and let Derek van Diest write about our kind of football.

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

How would those that follow Edmonton more closely rate this current team to Edmonton teams of the past?

Both are/were frustrating. Hard to compare NASL days with more budget and more internationals than now. Also too new to rate current version as I hope their shit will start to gel into something more productive. 

REB is probably the highest paid player on the team. Doesn't even look like he's more than an depth guy.  

Let's see this starting XI.

Starting 11 next match should be 3-5-2 (James GK, Moses, Didic, Soria, Esua, Khabra, Marcelin, Allen Zebie, Bruno Zebie, Ongaro, Velado)

On 6/16/2019 at 6:21 AM, yothat2 said:

REB is probably the highest paid player on the team. Doesn't even look like he's more than an depth guy...

Tennis-Borussia Berlin should have been a hint to FCE management that his recent form wasn't what got him his CMNT caps and that he may not be prime foundational player material at this stage of his career.

10 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Maybe the Eddies can bring back Lance Laing from San Antonio to jolt the offence like he did in the NASL days.

He provided speed, service to the guys up front, and goal scoring, something the current team desperately needs.

I think FCE should probably quit with the "bring back old NASL players". It doesn't seem to be working thus far

13 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

I think FCE should probably quit with the "bring back old NASL players". It doesn't seem to be working thus far

Don't think its not working because of the few NASL players they brought back, but more so the coaching staff and the type of game they have the roster trying to play. Their front liners need service, something Laing has proven he can bring to the table.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

This is wild, I thought he would be an amazing signing but figured if an MLS team hadn’t grabbed him he was retired.  Not old and was a Cameroon international.

He is also a 1-time capped US international.

I think that would make him the first American with a national team cap to play in the CPL.

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He is also a 1-time capped US international.

I think that would make him the first American with a national team cap to play in the CPL.

And he is also famous for getting a red card after scoring his only TFC goal. It was an odd decision by one of those fabolous MLS refs.

• 2 weeks later...