admin

Match Thread - May 4th - HFX Wanderers vs Forge FC

I assume this is also on the Onesoccer app? They are listing the broadcast at 3PM EDT, hopefully that is an error and they are showing it live at one!

8 minutes ago, gator said:

I assume this is also on the Onesoccer app? They are listing the broadcast at 3PM EDT, hopefully that is an error and they are showing it live at one!

1:00 Eastern time, pre show at 12:30. It will of course be on onesoccer.ca 

Though I wonder if they will have a different pre-show. Perhaps CBC will use Nigel Reed and CBC staff for their preshow. 

Posted (edited)

Still no starting 11 posted by Forge? This may seem like nitpicking but virtually every football team I know of posts there 11 an hour before kick off, Forge are showing warm ups and supporter parties!

Edited by gator

3 minutes ago, gator said:

Borges not starting? I thought he was one of our most dangerous players last Saturday!

Thomas was pretty outstanding last week to be fair as well.  It’s early and some roster spots and substitutes will be fluid.

24 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

It’s early and some roster spots and substitutes will be fluid.

Beginning today, Forge play 4 games in 13 days. They pretty much have to do a lot of squad rotation.

Surprised by the lack of actual Canadian players in Halifax's lineup. Seems very MLSy to consider multiple players as domestics.

Also surprised Choiniere, Roberts, and Zajac aren't in the starting lineup.

Posted (edited)

How is it that Halifax has only 3 Canadian starters!  I know for some reason the league is letting them over the limit of import players but they’re also not playing Canadians.  WTF!!!!!

Edited by baulderdash77

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

How is it that Halifax has only 3 Canadian starters!  I know for some reason the league is letting them over the limit of Canadian players but they’re also not playing Canadians.  WTF!!!!!

Those who hold a Canadian passport / residency counts as well I think

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

That’s such BS.

Anyone who has a Canadian passport or has PR is part of the Canadian labour market, so not sure how that part can be criticized. Can understand the angst about the U-sports signings angle, however. Think Halifax were always likely to be the most import heavy team in terms of team selection because they probably have the weakest local soccer scene to draw players from (at least until Saskatoon arrive on the scene as is now looking likely).

2 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

That’s such BS.

Yeah, it's not the thread for it but the  optics look poor. Shouldn't be talking about expansion if they can't get 7 teams at their self-imposed Canadian roster rules, or they need to drop the quota if they go to 10 teams.

On a positive note, the crowd and atmosphere in Halifax look great.