Jump to content

York9 - 2019 Season Thread


Recommended Posts

There is too many high and lows and not enough consistency from many on the pitch.  

Aparicio, Telfer, Porter and Abzi have consistently put in a good level of performance this season.  You know what you are getting with these guys when they are out there.

Perhaps my expectations were too high at the beginning of the season but I expected more from Gattas, Adjei, Gasparotto, and Di Chiara.  Gattas scores in bunches but then disappears.  Adjei was opportunistic and confident against Pacific but for hasn't looked dangerous for a long time.  As international forwards there is an expectation to perform game in and game out. There seems to be too much confusion when defending I expect Gasparotto and Di Chiara to be generals out there especially with so many first year pros around them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Telfer is the mvp. No one is on his level. 

Ingham was been good. 

Doner and abzi are the 2nd and 3rd best players imo.

I like gattas hes a streaky player though. 

Big simon is a good option off the bench but not a starter. 

The midfield is just below average. No one can create or score and there's no defensive stopper in the group. 

I like Gogerty at cb hes been better than i thought. Gasporatto has been a big let down, so many costly errors. Springer isnt good enough either. 

I wonder if y9 could sign chapman in the offseason to upgrade the mid field. Telfer will be back at tfc so they will need another winger and a starting 9. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Telfer is the mvp. No one is on his level. 

Ingham was been good. 

Doner and abzi are the 2nd and 3rd best players imo.

I like gattas hes a streaky player though. 

Big simon is a good option off the bench but not a starter. 

The midfield is just below average. No one can create or score and there's no defensive stopper in the group. 

I like Gogerty at cb hes been better than i thought. Gasporatto has been a big let down, so many costly errors. Springer isnt good enough either. 

I wonder if y9 could sign chapman in the offseason to upgrade the mid field. Telfer will be back at tfc so they will need another winger and a starting 9. 

I agree on Telfer, for me he is one of the top players in the league. Few are on his level. 

Gogarty has been a nice surprise. When he was drafted I didn’t expect much, thought Thompson and Springer were ahead of him but I would say I’m more comfortable with him out there than either of those two right now. 

Doner has been solid, I probably should’ve included him in my first post of guys that are consistently performing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stouffvillain said:

According to Transfermarkt Telfer's contract with TFC is done at the end of this year.  

What are the chances he sticks with Y9?  Does he move somewhere else?

I think there’s a decent chance he stays at York 9, he’s clearly a top player for us, and it’s unlikely that his starting role would be in jeopardy any time soon. We’ll see I guess... but I hope he stays! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fringe players also get loaned out when they are on a guaranteed contract and keeping them around potentially blocks the progress of somebody they think will wind up being better, but they are not 100% sure about yet. In this case that would be Shaffelburg, and he may have done enough to make Telfer surplus to requirements.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Fringe players also get loaned out when they are on a guaranteed contract and keeping them around potentially blocks the progress of somebody they think will wind up being better, but they are not 100% sure about yet. In this case that would be Shaffelburg, and he may have done enough to make Telfer surplus to requirements.

If i am TFC, I keep Telfer and loan out shaffleburg for a year to work on his final third 0 goals on the season is pretty bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

According to Transfermarkt Telfer's contract with TFC is done at the end of this year.  

What are the chances he sticks with Y9?  Does he move somewhere else?

What's TFC depth at his position?

With his contract being up, he has a say on his future.

A-TFC off the bench and cover injuries (I'd like to think he's looking to be a starter)

B-TFC but has a say to where he's loaned (Starts and keep a good salary while controlling the destination)

C-York9 makes an offer (They could use him to grow their brand)

D-Goes to another league in Europe (He deserves this)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well at least Telfer has done everything possible to leverage TFC.  He has gone down and played very well with Y9, got into CNL games with T+T, got a ton of experience.  But it wouldnt surprise me that TFC dont re-sign him.  Deleon has been good, Shafflebourg is young and promising and they have the 2 big new signings at wing.  Jayden Nelsen is in the que and might get a shot next year.  It would be good for the league if Telfer could parlay his CPL loan into a upward move somewhere.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Well at least Telfer has done everything possible to leverage TFC.  He has gone down and played very well with Y9, got into CNL games with T+T, got a ton of experience.  But it wouldnt surprise me that TFC dont re-sign him.  Deleon has been good, Shafflebourg is young and promising and they have the 2 big new signings at wing.  Jayden Nelsen is in the que and might get a shot next year.  It would be good for the league if Telfer could parlay his CPL loan into a upward move somewhere.  

Benezet is on loan. Deleon has moved to the mid field. Shaff has 0 goals. Nelson isnt ready imo. Gallardo hasnt shown much either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Benezet is on loan. Deleon has moved to the mid field. Shaff has 0 goals. Nelson isnt ready imo. Gallardo hasnt shown much either. 

Vanney loves Deleon (who is still a winger), Shaff (5 years younger and cheaper) has way more upside to Telfer (whether he has a goal or not, Telfer only has 1 in similar number of games).  If they deemed him expendable this season starting with no Benezet or Gallardo.. I dont think Vanney will re sign him.  I'm not saying this is what i would do..but it fits vanney.  If we have a new coach its a different ballgame.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deleon is not a winger man. Hes been starting at midfield lately. Telfer is cheap so you can't use the shaff is cheap arguement. Telfer did as much as the shaff in his one appearance this year compared to shaffleburgs whole season. 

If they didnt think telfer had potential they would have cut him. Im certain he will be back if not maybe europe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ansem said:

What's TFC depth at his position?

With his contract being up, he has a say on his future.

A-TFC off the bench and cover injuries (I'd like to think he's looking to be a starter)

B-TFC but has a say to where he's loaned (Starts and keep a good salary while controlling the destination)

C-York9 makes an offer (They could use him to grow their brand)

D-Goes to another league in Europe (He deserves this)

All of these are a legitimate options, that is why I think Telfer may be the most interesting off-season player story in the CPL.  He is clearly one of the top players in the league, how outsiders view him based on his performances this season will say a lot about how the league is viewed. 

I would think that if he gets an offer from Europe he's going to take it.  However, he doesn't and Europe is the goal, I think there is a good chance Y9 can retain him.  Excelling at the CPL level is good enough to get him noticed and called up to T&T which will get even more eyes on him.  If he were coming back to Y9 a 1 year deal may be best for both sides.  A club from overseas would be unlikely to dish out a transfer fee for a then 26 year old who's only been a starter at this level, therefore, being a free agent would be best for Telfer at that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2019 at 6:33 AM, Mikmacdo said:

Deleon is not a winger man. Hes been starting at midfield lately. Telfer is cheap so you can't use the shaff is cheap arguement. Telfer did as much as the shaff in his one appearance this year compared to shaffleburgs whole season. 

If they didnt think telfer had potential they would have cut him. Im certain he will be back if not maybe europe. 

Please elaborate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

Please elaborate.

Telfer got an assist to a game winning goal. Shaff has 0 goals and 1 assist all season. He also only has 2 goals in 13 games in USL league 1. He isnt’ ready to produce at the MLS level, I would loan him out for a season if it were up to me, HFX Wanderers would be a perfect fit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Telfer got an assist to a game winning goal. Shaff has 0 goals and 1 assist all season. He also only has 2 goals in 13 games in USL league 1. He isnt’ ready to produce at the MLS level, I would loan him out for a season if it were up to me, HFX Wanderers would be a perfect fit. 

Soccer isn't a stats driven game and you have to look at his play, what he does with the ball and from what I have seen, Shaff is MLS level with the potential for higher things. He's been a little unlucky with near misses and all that but the whole team has struggled. 

Edited by Macksam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Macksam said:

Soccer isn't a stats driven game and you have to look at his play, what he does with the ball and from what I have seen, Shaff is MLS level with the potential for higher things. He's been a little unlucky with near misses and all that but the whole team has struggled. 

TFC are not struggling. Shaff is just fast and teams figured him out fairly quickly. Hes got a long way to go but is still very young which is why a loan makes sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Telfer got an assist to a game winning goal. Shaff has 0 goals and 1 assist all season. He also only has 2 goals in 13 games in USL league 1. He isnt’ ready to produce at the MLS level, I would loan him out for a season if it were up to me, HFX Wanderers would be a perfect fit. 

I endorse this statement.

Off topic, but Halifax did try to sign him prior to his move to TFC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...