Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CanSuffer

York9 - 2019 Season Thread

Recommended Posts

Quick thoughts on the game.

It's a shame we conceded on two mistakes and that our best player of the season Ingham made one of the strangest, unnecessary challenges I've ever seen.

I just hope all of the neutrals or walk up crowd enjoyed the show and want to come back, if so I think last night was a major success despite blowing the lead (I would have taken 2-2 regardless).

Well done Y9!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

We chatted with some people after the game and turns out the club was giving out free tickets at Vaughan Mills. But it seems like it was a good decision. One of these people happened to have worked for the Lynx over a decade ago, and they were so impressed by how professional the set up was. He had a lot of fun at the game, but his only skepticism is with the pitch. He said he'd be watching to away leg to judge how the squad performs. He said he'd definitely go buy tickets to more games

That's brilliant. No surprise at all that Vaughan Mills will be the base of the fanbase of this team. I'm totally okay with free tickets, I'd much rather see the stands packed than anything else. The club knows it's got to hit up Yorkdale as well, and maybe Fairview. They should also hit up Wonderland lol. This game is the launching pad for this club to move forward with, I truly believe in it now.

Edited by ironcub14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The crowd yesterday most definitely felt like 5,000. Nearly broke my thumb shaking the metal stands lol, still on a CPL high from yesterday.

Last night was a perfect combination of Montreal coming into town, which pretty much all Y9/TFC/GTA soccer fans are in unison united against lol, and the $9 (or the $14 lol) tickets. We all know the prices were set too high for season seats for the regular season, and we can all see how many fans will come out when the tickets are priced at the level it should be. And Mtl of course lol.

I'm 100% sure that Ben Z, the Y9 VP who's in charge of ticket pricing structure, got that message yesterday for sure. Also saw both PB and Clanachlan in the stands overlooking the crowd as well. Great night.

Edited by ironcub14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

The crowd yesterday most definitely felt like 5,000. Nearly broke my thumb shaking the metal stands lol, still on a CPL high from yesterday.

I'm all cut up on my left hand from it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tickets should be cheap, just get people into the damn stadium. once you're in, you will pay for a burger, beer whatever, you'll make money on concessions. not to mention the hats and shirts are really nice, you'll get merchandise sales too. Just get people in the stadium honestly $5-$10 that's it, you'll make money on everything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July 10, 2019  CPL vs MLS Voyageurs Cup post game press conference of York 9 FC vs Montreal Impact match on my site right now.
http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york123.htm   

Impact's head coach Remi Garde and Samuel Piette.  York 9's Jimmy Brennan and Ryan Telfer. 

 more pictures, rosters, play by play, opinion added in next day or two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

That's brilliant. No surprise at all that Vaughan Mills will be the base of the fanbase of this team. I'm totally okay with free tickets, I'd much rather see the stands packed than anything else. The club knows it's got to hit up Yorkdale as well, and maybe Fairview. They should also hit up Wonderland lol. This game is the launching pad for this club to move forward with, I truly believe in it now.

Think I'd hit Upper Canada before Fairview tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great night for York 9 and for the league in general. Neither Cavalry nor Y9 got outplayed by their MLS opponents, and while both are still underdogs, it’s a real testament to the quality of our new league that our clubs could compete with such high budget operations. These kinds of results will give the CPL a credibility boost in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, zeelaw said:

Looking for another GA ticket for this Sunday if anyone wants to offload theirs.

I would have loved to bring you along this Sunday but I got a hot date who is taking my plus one. 

Edited by Macksam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Just unnecessary. Seriously.

You're right. It is unnecessary to take a shot at a guy who consistently ruins this forum for myself and many others daily. I retract that statement. I am sure he would go to a CPL game so that he can count all the empty seats

Edited by deschamp86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Macksam said:

I would have loved to bring you along this Sunday but I got a hot date who is taking my plus one. 

Also, do I actually know you lol?  I meet so many ppl in SS, I forget who is who on here.

Edited by zeelaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

You're right. It is unnecessary to take a shot at a guy who consistently ruins this forum for myself and many others daily. I retract that statement. I am sure he would go to a CPL game so that he can count all the empty seats

To be absolutely fair, it's something that we all sadly do quickly at the majority of the Y9 games. For all the crazy hype from Wednesday, it's been overall not pretty to see in most of the games before that. Us in the GTA absolutely have to do a better job of getting ourselves and our friends out, myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

To be absolutely fair, it's something that we all sadly do quickly at the majority of the Y9 games. For all the crazy hype from Wednesday, it's been overall not pretty to see in most of the games before that. Us in the GTA absolutely have to do a better job of getting ourselves and our friends out, myself included.

Hopefully Wednesday will have converted a few casuals and new faces to get out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I really had a good time at the game.  4900+.and the atmosphere was great and got to talk to JB before the game. K.Jack was seated in front of me. All in all a good experience (too bad that penalty to tie the game and that hit the cross bar at the final minute) and will be back next time in TO. Will be at Saputo on the 24 th.

Edited by MtlMario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I really had a good time at the game.  4900+.and the atmosphere was great and got to talk to JB before the game. C.Jack was seated in front of me. All in all a good experience (too bad that penalty to tie the game and that hit the cross bar at the final minute) and will be back next time in TO. Will be at Saputo on the 24 th.

Did you ask K Jack about TSN showing a little interest in the CPL?  I dont think I would have been able to needle him about that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Did you ask K Jack about TSN showing a little interest in the CPL?  I dont think I would have been able to needle him about that.  

No he was talking with someone pretty much the whole time and didn't want to disturb him ( I did but my wife didn't think it was a good idea. Next time I not listening to her(as usual).😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 5:05 AM, maccaliam said:

Ozzie the Parrot?

image.jpeg.66a57f3e33f5744bfb5b937e39a4a7de.jpeg

On 7/12/2019 at 9:42 AM, zeelaw said:

Also, do I actually know you lol?  I meet so many ppl in SS, I forget who is who on here.

We may have possibly at the Duke of Gloucester. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since returning to Canada, I have been to all the games that I could have gone. (I missed 4 so far. 3 because of Peru playing in the Copa America and the 4th because I had just arrived).

Love this team and hope it continues to grow. The match experience against Montreal was the best one so far. As I mentioned, I am also doing the away leg so that should be fun.

I am not sure if I will go tomorrow but if not then I'm definitely going to see us against Pacific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ingham said:

Love this team and hope it continues to grow. The match experience against Montreal was the best one so far. As I mentioned, I am also doing the away leg so that should be fun.

 

Finally some good breaks for the York9 club : Big game, great weather, great attendance, exciting atmosphere and exciting match. Hoping that it will translate into more viewers, more ticket and merchandise sales and more season ticket holders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...