York9 - 2019 Season Thread

On 6/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, Mikmacdo said:

Why do they advertise tickets at 9 dollars when they are 10.25? Not that is matters much, its just annoying. 

It's the old taxes and service charges. The $29 ticket cost me $37.25.

Edited by MtlMario

On 6/29/2019 at 7:58 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

That's the more pessimistic conclusion, if they are happy with a 3700 capacity rather than pushing for close to 5000 at this point.

I think they'd rather give them that section now and make the main stands look a bit fuller, knowing that they can shove them to the east stands if demand warrants it, rather than giving them the east side and moving them back afterwards.

As well, I might have mentioned this upthread already, but here's my very quick summary of Y9's spring season, the way I saw it. Feel free to agree or disagree of course.

Spring 2019 top Y9 players: 1. Ingham, 2. Gasparotto, 3. Telfer

Spring 2019 top Y9 surprises: 1. Abzi, 2. Estevez, 3. Murofushi

Lineup below is the Y9 players with the most minutes in the Spring 2019 season, according to Soccerway, which I've found to be the best resource for CPL stats along with Fotmob. I did ratings too, out of 10, but I'll keep that to myself for now lol.

York9 FC - 2019 Spring Season - Lineup.jpg

Edited by ironcub14

Hello York 9 fans. I'm finally going to go to my first York 9 home game on Wednesday for the game against Montreal. Are there any good pre-game restaurants in the area that people would recommend? On google I found Shopsy's Sports Grill. Is that place any good?

49 minutes ago, Kent said:

Hello York 9 fans. I'm finally going to go to my first York 9 home game on Wednesday for the game against Montreal. Are there any good pre-game restaurants in the area that people would recommend? On google I found Shopsy's Sports Grill. Is that place any good?

I haven't gone but people go there before or after ya.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Haven't been either, but sounds like it's the campus sports bar, so it's gotta be decent at least. Thanks for the info, I'll keep that place in mind as well.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Don't know about the restaurants but I'll be at my first Y9 game also. Pass by the  field level seats to say hello.(I'll  be wearing my V tee shirt.)

Edited by MtlMario

41 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Wow all tickets for the game against Impact are 10$ + fees ($14.75). Great chance to get out and cheer on the CPL vs. MLS. Surprised looks like there are still tickets left. 

Cup is more difficult for obvious reasons, but I really wonder whether the CPL would be better off doing Friday/Sunday matches instead of Wednesday/Saturday.

1 hour ago, Gopherbashi said:

Cup is more difficult for obvious reasons, but I really wonder whether the CPL would be better off doing Friday/Sunday matches instead of Wednesday/Saturday.

Don't think the players would like it. Thursday-Sunday might be worth it though.

10 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

Haven't been either, but sounds like it's the campus sports bar, so it's gotta be decent at least. Thanks for the info, I'll keep that place in mind as well.

I believe Shopsy's is actually closed for the summer!  If you didn't know York Lions Stadium is on York U campus. So Shopsy's too is on campus. Last game I walked by there and I was surprised to see a sign on the door saying closed for summer. Makes sense since not too many students are there during the summer months.

16 hours ago, CanSuffer said:

I believe Shopsy's is actually closed for the summer!  If you didn't know York Lions Stadium is on York U campus. So Shopsy's too is on campus. Last game I walked by there and I was surprised to see a sign on the door saying closed for summer. Makes sense since not too many students are there during the summer months.

I just called them to confirm if they are open or closed. They are open tomorrow. Apparently they are closed on weekends.

We chatted with some people after the game and turns out the club was giving out free tickets at Vaughan Mills. But it seems like it was a good decision. One of these people happened to have worked for the Lynx over a decade ago, and they were so impressed by how professional the set up was. He had a lot of fun at the game, but his only skepticism is with the pitch. He said he'd be watching to away leg to judge how the squad performs. He said he'd definitely go buy tickets to more games

It was such a great atmosphere. Hopefully they can get to a point where every game is like that or better. Telfer was on fire at the end and was the man of the match. Ingram giving up the penalty and Luca coughing up that goal were both self inflicted wounds. Hopefully York9 can add a striker and they need to upgrade DM.