York9 - 2019 Season Thread

On 6/22/2019 at 6:47 PM, Ingham said:

Firstly, I am LatinInuk from the old site. For some reason I couldn't log on into my old account so I am assuming the transfer has not been made.

Secondly, I am doing the away game in Montreal. It's just a day before I go to Iqaluit so perfect timing. I will also do the home leg so it should be a lot of fun... big Nathan to show up and keep us in a 0-0 draw 😁

Hey I can sort that out. 

I'll have a go when I get home this afternoon.

Spring season's concluding on Canada Day, and I was thinking of doing a quick mid-season recap of Y9 somewhere, on twitter or share it with one of the websites. I'm fine if other people want to do it as well or instead, the more CPL talk anywhere, the better. I was thinking of a quick easy recap, something fun, come up with some quick lists and maybe fill it out with some text.

Here's the ideas I had in mind, please feel free to share your thoughts as well. And it would be cool to see fans of other clubs do something similar as well for sure. And we still have 2 games left in the spring season I think, so these could easily still change. Tentative for now. If I could be arsed, I might consider also trying to come up with the top 3 moments of the spring season lol. I'd also add a couple other descriptive stuff to the list as well, probably on tactics and on attendance and supporters.

Top 3 Y9 players - 2019 Spring Season

1. Ingham
  2. Gasparotto
  3. Telfer

Top 3 Y9 surprises - 2019 Spring Season

1. Abzi
  2. Murofushi
  3. Doner or Estevez or Gattas

Not on-field related, but is there better swag available than the initial entripy stuff and the jerseys?  I'm not shelling out $120 for a jersey and I'm unmoved by the entripy stuff.  (I would assume that anything else would be game site only, rather than online)

18 hours ago, paul-collins said:

Not on-field related, but is there better swag available than the initial entripy stuff and the jerseys?  I'm not shelling out $120 for a jersey and I'm unmoved by the entripy stuff.  (I would assume that anything else would be game site only, rather than online)

The game shop/booth yesterday had four different caps, two snap backs and two regular ball caps. I got the green one with grey Y9 lettering and a grey brim.

BTW I asked the sales rep about their attendance and said averages about 2500. Concerning their lack of marketing, apparently they will do more in the fall season. Can't wait for my first (hope many more) road trip to a CPL game.  

CORRECTION. my second road trip. I was at game #1 in Hamilton. I guess that's what happens when you get old😁

Edited by MtlMario

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

BTW I asked the sales rep about their attendance and said averages about 2500. Concerning their lack of marketing, apparently they will do more in the fall season. Can't wait for my first (hope many more) road trip to a CPL game.

I can't wait for the "Come see the undefeated York9" ads come July 2nd.

8 minutes ago, zeelaw said:

Nm, the obvious issue with attendance, but another big problem is the simple boring games on display all summer so far.  Have we even scored a goal at home in the league yet?

I'm convinced the small field isn't helping in that regard

15 minutes ago, zeelaw said:

Nm, the obvious issue with attendance, but another big problem is the simple boring games on display all summer so far.  Have we even scored a goal at home in the league yet?

Apparently it's 1 goal in 5 games.

York 0 Forge 2
York 1 Pacific 0
York 0 Edmonton 0
York 0 Wanderers 0
York 0 Cavalry 2

Meanwhile on the road York 9 hasn't been shut out yet, with 5 goals in 4 games.

In general scoring has been low. Only Forge and Cavalry have averaged more than a goal per game. In comparison, only Columbus and Cincinatti (what is it about Ohio?) have less than a goal per game in MLS.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:22 AM, narduch said:

I believe the public on sale date is June 27. 

I went to their website today to try to buy tickets, and they still don't have them available on there. Then I went to their twitter account (I'm not on twitter) to find a link to ticketmaster that was posted yesterday. On their website the way to buy tickets to this game is still a big secret, less than two weeks before the game.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I went to their website today to try to buy tickets, and they still don't have them available on there. Then I went to their twitter account (I'm not on twitter) to find a link to ticketmaster that was posted yesterday. On their website the way to buy tickets to this game is still a big secret, less than two weeks before the game.

Why do they advertise tickets at 9 dollars when they are 10.25? Not that is matters much, its just annoying.