Sign in to follow this  
Unnamed Trialist

Valour FC Season Thread 2019

8 minutes ago, Zem said:

He graduated from Oakland in 2016, spent a year in Australia and has been playing in NZ ever since, not much else to it. He could definitely be of interest to some CPL clubs though.

Had a moment to do a bit more googling and, perhaps unsurprisingly, he had some time with Thunder Bay Chill in the early-mid 2010s.

15 hours ago, Zem said:

He graduated from Oakland in 2016, spent a year in Australia and has been playing in NZ ever since, not much else to it. He could definitely be of interest to some CPL clubs though.

Do we think NZ is CPL level? Hoyle was a bit of a star out there but not good enough for CPL. It remains to be seen how Sacramento and Ferguson do.

I'm thinking CPL is to NZ as EFL Championship is to League One. Mostly stony ground.

5 hours ago, Lofty said:

Do we think NZ is CPL level? Hoyle was a bit of a star out there but not good enough for CPL. It remains to be seen how Sacramento and Ferguson do.

I'm thinking CPL is to NZ as EFL Championship is to League One. Mostly stony ground.

No, not at all; but Hoy is Canadian, so he doesn't necessarily need to be an important starter in the CPL like Valour were expecting of Hoyle. He'd be cheap and he has a good bit of experience under his belt, which could be interesting to some clubs in the league.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:39 AM, deschamp86 said:

I thought Selemani sounded familiar. He was born in Moncton, so depending on how he does with Hawke's Bay, could possibly see him in CPL next season

Based on the bird chirp feed, Selemani seems to be doing very well for Hawkes Bay so far this season.

For those who have OneSoccer:

There is a decent half hour "end of season review" of Valour with the 1S panel. Includes an interview with Tyler Attardo and category grades for: Goalkeeping / Defence / Midfield / Attack / Coach (!) / Overall (and I thought I was harsh!!).

Click on the little Valour badge at the top (in the 1S app) and it should be top of the ensuing list.

It appears this was made shortly after the season ended as they clearly don't know some things that we know now but I've only just noticed it.

I'm sure there is a similar wrap up video for each of the other teams although this is the only one I've watched so far.