Sign in to follow this  
Unnamed Trialist

Valour FC Season Thread 2019

33 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Considering the form, the attendance has been superb. I hope it doesn't discourage what looks like a great launchpad fanbase. Seems like there is a real appetite for it in Winnipeg that can really grow. 

From the outside the pieces all seem to be there with playing staff, stadium and structure. Just dont know how Gale and his team are getting it so wrong. 

There is a point where heads will have to roll if fans start turning around.

Yes, the STH base is probably just under 3k. But they are not all hard core like me and the Fury. Next to me there is a mum and two teen aged boys (3 STHs) and today they left with 20 mins still to play.

Gale was thrown in at the deep end and he is floundering. To be fair to him there is a fair bit of luck involved when you are trying to build a team from scratch, but Valour's lack of sufficient bodies at the business ends of the pitch is down to him. I find it frustrating because it is such a fundamental mistake and I feel as though he has a lot to offer in terms of technical and tactical know-how. But I guess when it comes to putting out a winning team that just isn't enough. Capitulation is not an option and after that 8-0 drubbing some serious ass kicking needed to happen, but so far as I could tell today, did not. I hope he turns it around but he is on the brink of losing my support (not that it is worth very much!).

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

Valour win at York and their season record in all comps is now 7-3-15.

Home record remains 3-2-8.

We decided today that all future Valour games need to be away.  We'll just travel to see them.

19 hours ago, fil said:

Wait a second, Valour and Pacific are tied for third place at 15 points! How did this happen?! 🤤

Wait a second, Rob Gale is one of the best in the league at defending a 2-goal lead! How did that happen?!😉

Take it from there Valour fans...

Of all seven CPL sides, none relies on the long ball more than Valour FC. They’ve attempted 619 in the Fall (a league-high 13.1 per cent of all passes), of which about 45 per cent have found the right target. Where this strategy seems most understandable is in the defensive third; the Winnipeg-based club opts for the long option 21 per cent of the time in that dangerous area, with a measly 38.5 per cent success rate.

Valour is also the only team in the league whose pass accuracy in the attacking third is better than their overall success rate. Generally, they’re second-last in the CPL. In the final third, though? Third-best.

https://canpl.ca/article/4-interesting-statistical-insights-from-the-cpl

Valour draw 0-0 in Halifax.

Season record in all comps is now 7-4-15.

Home record is a pitiful 3-2-8.

Still averaging more than two losses for every win, both at home and overall, although the home ratio is particularly bad: lose the next one and it will be THREE home losses for home every win.

Edited by Lofty

10 minutes ago, Ingham said:

Interviewed Tyler Attardo the other day!

BTW, if this by any chance is seen as advertising, feel free to delete the post.

Didn't mean it in that way but rather sharing my interview with Valours young prodigy!

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

1. As much as they would like to think otherwise, Cavalry are not Manchester City anymore than a turd is filet mignon.

2. Get back to me when you have been thrashed 8-0 AT HOME.

10 hours ago, Lofty said:

1. As much as they would like to think otherwise, Cavalry are not Manchester City anymore than a turd is filet mignon.

That was Watford's biggest thrashing in 138 years !

It only took us a few months 

You will be able to tell your great, great, great, great grand children you were there !

Come on, THAT is a pretty funny post from Valour.  Nothing wrong with laughing at yourself sometimes.  However...

Etihad is not Vicarage Road and it only took Valour 4 months and 23 matches to share a scoreline it took Watford roughly 130 years and over 5,000 matches to reach.  Oh, and Watford needed to face an opponent who outspends them 4 to 1 on player wages to do it.   

Yeah, funny for about 1 2/3 of a second there.  Someimes it just better to keep quiet.  

Let it go, Cheeta.  Let it go.

I personally find it embarrassing. It's like the Bundesliga clubs who laugh at themselves when they lose. Imagine being down about a defeat and then have the Twitter account of said team put up memes.

"I have more to offer" -- Dylan Sacramento.

The goal came decidedly late for Sacramento on the season, who was tipped as one to watch at the start of the inaugural 2019 season. As the previous top scorer in League1 Ontario with Vaughan Azzurri, on a team with several CPL-level players, it’s fitting Sacramento’s return to scoring came back in the Greater Toronto Area.

https://canpl.ca/article/i-have-more-to-offer-sacramento-seeks-balance-on-field-and-on-the-table

On 9/22/2019 at 12:39 AM, Lofty said:

I didn't really find any issue with the self deprecating humour and considering I am the epitome of cool around here, if I am okay with it, the rest of you should be as well.

Cavalry has soul that Man City lacks.

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

I didn't really find any issue with the self deprecating humour and considering I am the epitome of cool around here, if I am okay with it, the rest of you should be as well.

Cavalry has soul that Man City lacks.

Football supporter culture is at the other end of the temperature scale!

I wonder how the salary difference between Valour and Cavalry compares to the salary difference between Watford and Man City. 😂

Edited by Lofty

A Special Thank You to our Founding Members
As we wrap up our inaugural season at IG Field, we wanted to thank our incredible Founding Members who made this a year to remember. On October 5th, Founding Members are invited to the Pinnacle Club for our Valour FC Fan Appreciation Event post-match.

The entire team (and Vic of course!) will be signing autographs from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., and fans can take home a team picture poster. The Pinnacle Club will be open for the end of the match until 7:00 p.m.  Founding Members will receive complimentary fountain pop and snacks, and a cash bar will also be available.