Valour FC Season Thread 2019

Attending my 2nd Valour game tonight (hopefully a better result than the first game).

last time we drove to the game - tonight we are going to try the Kings Head Shuttle.  Just curious, has anyone used it? Can you drink on the bus?  It seems like a great deal.

4 minutes ago, damaaster said:

Attending my 2nd Valour game tonight (hopefully a better result than the first game).

last time we drove to the game - tonight we are going to try the Kings Head Shuttle.  Just curious, has anyone used it? Can you drink on the bus?  It seems like a great deal.

I used it for the home opener. That day there were 4 or 5 buses.

You can not drink on the bus, and the drink tickets included can only be redeemed after the match (I believe they hand them to you when you get on the bus).  It's still a great deal, especially if you live centrally or the north part of the city.

Just now, jonovision said:

I used it for the home opener. That day there were 4 or 5 buses.

You can not drink on the bus, and the drink tickets included can only be redeemed after the match (I believe they hand them to you when you get on the bus).  It's still a great deal, especially if you live centrally or the north part of the city.

Thanks...that makes sense.  I live in the North West, so it's an amazing deal for me..hah. I think we paid more just for parking last time.

15 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I get that you are referring to Murrell's table kick but I'm afraid that I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

RRR has video of fans taking turns recreating the murell table kick, never mind I guess you werent in on it.  

12 hours ago, Lofty said:

Valour's season record in all comps deteriorates to 5-3-13 with the loss at Pacific.

Losing from a winning position -- again -- got me wondering just how many times that has happened to Valour this season.

Halifax away (VCup): up 1-0, lost 2-1

Forge away: up 1-0, lost 2-1

York home: up 1-0, lost 3-1

Pacific away: up 1-0, lost 2-1

And the opposite:

Edmonton home: down 1-0, won 3-1.

Not exactly the sign of a team with mental strength.

Another problem is conceding goals shortly after having scored a a goal.

Valour Goal 59' Pacific 61'

Valour Goal 76' Forge 77'

Valour Goal 1' York 7' 

Valour goal 33' Halifax 39' and 41' 

These are all games we ended up losing as well. 

While they haven’t made an official announcement about the extra games, they seem to have it posted on the CPL page. They used to have the first 3 games listed, with an August end date. Now they list a 3 game suspension with September 3 as the end date. https://canpl.ca/discipline-2019-season/ 

8086C7CB-D7AF-478A-B85B-9CFC9ADC8028.jpeg

Edited by MrsC

We are having a tailgate (and our Trench Games) on Monday:

Soccer Complex Lot (211 Chancellor Matheson)

11:30 am (Tailgate start)

12:15 pm (Trench Games start)

GAMES:

1. Table Kick

2. Goal Celebration (give us your best!)

3. Mystery Drink Competition

4. Grenade Toss

We will also have kids versions of some of these events

if you want to participate in the games, start practicing your goal celebration now! If competing is not your thing, we also need spectators to cheer (or jeer) the competitors.

Tailgate etiquette:

Drinking alcohol is allowed, but it must be in a cup. Barbeques are also allowed.

I forgot to add that some of us are also doing a potluck. 

Edited by MrsC

8 hours ago, Lofty said:

8-0. Wow. But I hope I'm not the only Valour fan who couldn't help but admire and even enjoy, in a perverse sort of way, that performance by Cavalry.

Valour are truly not that bad. That was just that rare combination of off day meets mega "on" day and hey presto, 8-0. The important thing is to not let that one result undermine all the progress that has been made over the last few weeks.

But Valour do need to work on team spirit. Someone needs to give Mitter a good kicking. You don't foster team spirit by screaming at a 19 year old who has made a mistake. The way Cavalry were all playing for each other was evident and compelling.

He does an awful lot of yelling at his team mates for someone with as low a pedigree as his

On 8/31/2019 at 6:43 AM, MrsC said:

We are having a tailgate (and our Trench Games) on Monday:

Soccer Complex Lot (211 Chancellor Matheson)

11:30 am (Tailgate start)

12:15 pm (Trench Games start)

GAMES:

1. Table Kick

2. Goal Celebration (give us your best!)

3. Mystery Drink Competition

4. Grenade Toss

We will also have kids versions of some of these events

if you want to participate in the games, start practicing your goal celebration now! If competing is not your thing, we also need spectators to cheer (or jeer) the competitors.

Tailgate etiquette:

Drinking alcohol is allowed, but it must be in a cup. Barbeques are also allowed.

I forgot to add that some of us are also doing a potluck. 

This over layered 8-staged tailgate was tantamount to a complex incantation amounting to the Valour players falling eightfold to its onerous spells. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Apart from being English, why is Mitter at this level?  Cringeworthy to see him yell at teammates when time and time again he is the worst player on the park.

Go back to his signing and I was shot down (by many) on this board for questioning (more like cringing at) it...

I will say though, Janssens had a complete shocker and pretty much at fault for several of the goals. As a fellow keeper, it was hard to watch as with each goal his confidence went down and with it more mistakes. He needs to remember the golden rule of not looking back and only focusing on the next shot. Head up, young man.

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Apart from being English, why is Mitter at this level?  Cringeworthy to see him yell at teammates when time and time again he is the worst player on the park.

HAHAHA, go back and read the Valour threads....Thomas and Murell have been the whipping boys all season.  And that was when we were losing 1-0 or 3-1.  Very quietly Mitter can stink the joint up and little gets said.   So i guess the fits after goals do work when you try and shift blame to someone else.  And its one thing to see Bourhis get shell shocked as a young pro, but whats Mitter's excuse, he is the elder statesman, a leader on the club.  The way we were getting bossed around, I feel like Thomas would have thumped someone and bought our mids a little extra time on the ball as Bushcer would be looking over his shoulder.  And playing Ohin at the back has to stop, please.  

So what’s your point ? It’s not like Valour has been having a great season anyways . This should be the final straw a result like this. If this result happens a few games into the season or after having a decent season you give the coach and management some more time . However , this happened late in the season after being one of the worst teams in the league , how do you not give at least the coach his walking papers? Hey if your a Valour fan and want to keep your coach then all power to you, I’m not and in the end I really could care less, now about that useless guy coaching York9 there’s a situation I care about!

Edited by SoccMan

31 minutes ago, Lofty said:

My point is that lopsided scores sometimes happen. They don't mean much.

Valour went into that game sitting 4th out of 7. Right in the middle. Not sure why that would be grounds for dismissal, even after a tonking by the team that beat the Whitecaps.

I'm keeping an open mind about Gale but I'm not going to have a knee jerk reaction to one awful result -- which incidentally followed a run of 3 wins in the last 5 matches.

Ok but they finished dead last in the spring season and now this , sure they lost to a team that beat the Whitecaps but 8-0? But sure for Valour fans let’s hope Gale can turn it around if he stays next season but hopefully no more 8-0 that is just too embarrassing I don’t care what league you are in.