Valour FC Season Thread 2019

All things related to Valour FC's inaugural season in CPL.

How about this Valour FC chant, to the tune  of Aloe Blacc, I Need a Dollar

I need valour valour, valour is what I need
Hey hey
Well I need valour valour, valour is what I need
Hey hey
I said I need valour valour, valour is what I need
And if I share with you my story would you share your valour with me?

Sun is shinning, birds are singing AND THE KITS ARE IN.

Picked up ours.  Very sharp, too small of course.  Steady flow of people through The Bomber Store when I was there.   Expect it will be quite a bit busier tomorrow.  For those who bought shirts with their seasons you can exchange for you fit tomorrow on if you need to.   

45 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Sun is shinning, birds are singing AND THE KITS ARE IN.

Picked up ours.  Very sharp, too small of course.  Steady flow of people through The Bomber Store when I was there.   Expect it will be quite a bit busier tomorrow.  For those who bought shirts with their seasons you can exchange for you fit tomorrow on if you need to.   

Home and away kits available?

5 hours ago, jonovision said:

Home and away kits available?

Don't know.  I'll assume yes, thought.  Both could be bought, sight unseen, when you purchased seasons.  Discounted of course, and made available to the season pass holders before the general, as a sort of perk I suppose, but that plan never came off for whatever reason.  So that being said I'm not sure how much inventory will be available tomorrow. 

I ordered an XL, knew it was probably going to be small but I have a Nike XL in Euro sizing for my last Celtic shirt and it's smallish but Ok so figured I'd give it a go.  Wearable but too tight generally.  A good 10 years too late for me to wear shirts that way anymore.  Man, if you've got shoulders or a "working man's back" they get real tight across the chest real fast. 

LOL.  Wee Elf got a junior and she's in the same boat as me.  It's wearable, but yeah, she'd rather something a bit bigger.  Will try a ladies small maybe. 

Anyway, 1st rate quality, super sharp and comfy but that stretch fit material that's been popular for so long.

BTW, looks like there's a couple more sections opened up along with the rest of 127 & 132 (west grandstand) for tomorrow's launch.  ☺️   

18 hours ago, jonovision said:

The way that seating map is looking they may have to open up a few more sections in order to accommodate any walk-up customers.

Whats the best guess on attendance today? Is the weather nice for a good walk up crowd?

24 minutes ago, Alex D said:

Whats the best guess on attendance today? Is the weather nice for a good walk up crowd?

Better than forecast earlier in the week. Sunny and 11 C is forecast by kickoff, but windy. Certainly could be worse.

If we're taking bets on attendance, put me down for 12k.

Edited by jonovision

Attador did all right for the time he had the other night I thought but he's just a kid if I can age discriminate.  And as great as Petrasso has been up front I have visions of him trailing the front 2.  Think it's safe to say Hoyle is going to be the target but he'll need some pace to compiment him if Petrasso is dropping into mid and that ain't going to be an out-of-position Edgar.  Dose Ferguson have the pace I'd want in that combination?  Don't know.    

But yeah... real thin at the back though.   And no great height.  That showed a bit on Saturday.  Edgar and Skylar at centre half would change that 100%.  This Mitter fellow is an unknown so far.   But then if Edgar comes on does that back 3 become a back 4?  If that's Gale's original plan then great but if not it scrammbles things a bit up field.  But Musse getting fit may or may not do that anyway.  Don't think so though.  Gale seems to trust the wingers to go both ways down the touchlines so I'm predicting 3 defenders is the 1st choice so he can have a fluid 5 in the middle...aggr... I'm getting a head ache. 

Whatever.  Has to fill the roster even if it is anti-climatic.  Can't spend the next  couple of months a couple of bodies short but they must have something in the works or they wouldn't be waiting until the last minute to finalize things.  

Wasn't that Guiterrez's 2nd caution?  How do the cumulition work in CPL?    

Excellent signing, exactly the guy I was hoping to come back to Winnipeg before the season started.  I wonder if he was one of the guys Hoyle mentioned as signing for USL and then kicking themselves afterwards.  

Bit shocked it happened now. I wonder if there was money earmarked for bigger players like forlan that were possible and when the club didn't go that route they had more money available to go for bustos. 

Either way a quality signing. I dont know how expansion clubs compete next year. So much talent is already gone. Would explain places like sask taking a measured approach building a team.