ted

Pacific FC - 2019 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Why not 3 months ago? Or a month ago when Pacific could barely get 18 players healthy?  Still good for him...lets see what he can do.  

I believe he was just coming off an injury that kept him out for a few months. 

7 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Actually...

Vancouver traded him to Inter Miami who then loaned him to Pacific . 

That a huge statement of confidence towards CPL

Inter Miami couldn't loan Norman to Pacific, only Whitecaps could since we are outside of the transfer window. 

I thought Baldisimo, Hojabrpour, and Gonzalez had been pretty good lately. It'll be interesting to see how Norman Jr stacks up against them.

Does this still leave room for the two signings that Friend said were on the way? Where's this money suddenly coming from?

Maybe the money was always there! Hope the other two signings mentioned come in. 

Fraser Aird down the right wouldn't be too shabby to match Fisk down the left either, if they are splashing out. Worth dropping Issey into a player coach spot or dropping altogether. 

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Maybe the money was always there! Hope the other two signings mentioned come in. 

Fraser Aird down the right wouldn't be too shabby to match Fisk down the left either, if they are splashing out. Worth dropping Issey into a player coach spot or dropping altogether. 

Based on recent form, I'd probably choose Blasco and Verhoven over Fisk and Aird. I never would have guessed that 6 months ago

10 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Or maybe Inter Miami want him playing regularly, so Pacific FC are getting this one as a freebie as long as he gets game time.

Bingo.  I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the case - it’s either pay him to play (somewhere) or pay him to do nothing.

23 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Inter Miami couldn't loan Norman to Pacific, only Whitecaps could since we are outside of the transfer window. 

Is that confirmed?  I’m not sure it would make a difference.

19 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is that confirmed?  I’m not sure it would make a difference.

It would. I think Ansem just doesn't want to give credit to the Whitecaps even though it's entirely possible that Inter Miami thought that this was the best scenario since CPL roster freeze hasn't happened and I don't know if USL has a roster freeze, but Ottawa would have been the only option if it was USL. 

16 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Does the transfer window apply within MLS, as all contracts are technically held by the league?

It does. It's just a future trade between Whitecaps and Inter Miami. The trade has been agreed, but it won't happen officially until next year.

4 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

It would. I think Ansem just doesn't want to give credit to the Whitecaps even though it's entirely possible that Inter Miami thought that this was the best scenario since CPL roster freeze hasn't happened and I don't know if USL has a roster freeze, but Ottawa would have been the only option if it was USL. 

But why? I.e Swansea/Cardiff can’t loan players outside the window to English clubs?  I’m not sure that’s true.

17 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

But why? I.e Swansea/Cardiff can’t loan players outside the window to English clubs?  I’m not sure that’s true.

Not the same thing. Cardiff and Swansea are administered by the English FA as long as they are in the top 4 divisions. The Canadian MLS and USL Clubs are administered by the CSA. 

Edited by Blackdude

Wrexham and Merthyr fall under the FA in membership terms as well despite being outside the top four tiers. They don't have to get playing out sanctioning every season because of that, so it's a different scenario.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Wrexham and Merthyr fall under the FA in membership terms as well despite being outside the top four tiers. They don't have to get playing out sanctioning every season because of that, so it's a different scenario.

Bloody hell, you did well to come up with Merthyr Town, avg. attendance 394! They play in the Southern League (7th tier) where many teams are barely semi pro and to the best of my knowledge, none are fully pro.

They were a Football League club in an earlier incarnation. They are now the only semi-pro level Welsh club that are still sticking with English non-league. Colwyn Bay were another until as recently as last season when they decided they would be better off in the new Welsh second tier setup.  

17 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I think Ansem just doesn't want to give credit to the Whitecaps even though it's entirely possible that Inter Miami thought that this was the best scenario since CPL roster freeze hasn't happened and I don't know if USL has a roster freeze, but Ottawa would have been the only option if it was USL. 

Or maybe I just got it wrong, no need to put words in my mouth 

50 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Interesting comment about Herdman.

Indeed. Next level stuff - Herdman is so illuminating you don’t even need to understand what he says - you just look at the fire in his eyes and know what to do!