2019 Canadian Premier League Attendance

5 hours ago, Lofty said:

Ended up being a nice day for it in spite of the threat of thunder showers: warm when the sun was out, a touch nippy when it went in.

Felt like a good crowd at the match. Shame about the empty stands on the other side but that can't be helped in that stadium. If the season average ends up around there I will be quite happy. Although, if Valour have a good season I would not be surprised to see it even higher. Everybody loves a winner, and Winnipeg hasn't had one of those for a VERY long time!

Winnipeg Goldeyes won in 2016 and 2017. 

14 hours ago, matty said:

i saw the instagram story about the game, and thought it would be lower. glad my thought was wrong

Agree that number looked a bit high if the sections being sold are 7000 seats in total, but maybe that sort of assumption on what a fully filled portion of the lower bowl would be at this point is too low. Think Thursday's game against the Forge will provide a better handle on what the lower end of the range is going to be on attendance this season. Hamilton managed over 5000 for a weeknight game. Will be interesting to see if the Valour can as well.

Sure this probably happens in similar venues but you do get a whack of people watching from the concourse.  If they're up there they aren't in their seats.  I'd say it's mostly because they're comfortable standing so maybe that scews the optics somewhat.

I've done a really rough tally on Ticketmaster, of the Valour tickets sold so far for Thursday and it looks to be somewhere between 4800 to 5200 depending on how many are actually sold in that youth club section.  I'm reasonably  optimistic that we should have at least 5000.

Hamilton has about 6,000 season seat holders but that doesn’t necessarily mean attendance.  Also you get games like today where it’s raining and 6 degrees where you have to be very brave to go to and have a very understanding wife on mother’s day.

I ‘think’ Forge is selling about 7,000 seats a game; but they also did a big 2-1 with  the youth soccer community in the summer so we will have to see.  I’m not super concerned.

8 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Hamilton has about 6,000 season seat holders but that doesn’t necessarily mean attendance.  Also you get games like today where it’s raining and 6 degrees where you have to be very brave to go to and have a very understanding wife on mother’s day.

I ‘think’ Forge is selling about 7,000 seats a game; but they also did a big 2-1 with  the youth soccer community in the summer so we will have to see.  I’m not super concerned.

I dont think Forge has anywhere even remotely close to 6000 season tickets sold.

2 hours ago, Lofty said:

I'm pretty sure that the attendance numbers given are always paid attendance = tickets sold.

It was a good sized crowd in Winnipeg yesterday. If it was overstated by paid attendance, I'd be surprised if the difference was very much. People do seem to take their time finding their seats once the match has started.

The empty seats in the stands lined up pretty closely to the unsold seats I was seeing online on Friday night, so I agree with you.  I think tickets sold and bums in seats were probably pretty close in Winnipeg yesterday.

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

Not sure that playing during mother's day was wise for a new league. Should have had a triple header on Saturday instead.

Outside of the yellow paint (WTF), Clarke Stadium looks better than I expected on TV

There have been a few things I've been like this move does not make sense, kinda 50/50 on including this one

Agree on at least a double header for Saturday

15 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

In their last NASL season (2017) FCE averaged 3408 with a season high attendance of 4096.

All CanPL games this weekend beat the Fury attendance for their game today.

yes and their weekday game beat all cpl games this week. i know they had deals for tix, but that still counts lol

5 hours ago, Lofty said:

I'm pretty sure that the attendance numbers given are always paid attendance = tickets sold.

It was a good sized crowd in Winnipeg yesterday. If it was overstated by paid attendance, I'd be surprised if the difference was very much. People do seem to take their time finding their seats once the match has started.

I'll admit I was a bit later than I'd like.  Was in line for beers during the anthem but made the stand before kickoff, but WTF?  Seriously, the 1st half was half done before the concorse started to clear.  

Attendance sounds about right.  I'd have guessed 5-5 1/2.