Sign in to follow this  
CDNFootballer

2019 Spring Season Attendance

2 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

And, as long as he is on topic ... so what?

Anyone regaling someone else on the internet with a he-said/she-said of who put who on block first and calling other posters a cuckold is either a 15 year-old, or has the emotional security (and vocabulary) of one. 

Every day, the vast majority of readers disagree with his opinions and dislike his style but seem to contribute to this discussion without petty vendettas and venomous labels . You, and a minority of others, cannot.  That shows us who the problem is.  

I disagree. That is all.

2 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Oh I sparred with LOSF about ethnic clubs and regional leagues before most here had ever seen a Nats game. So I get it - it’s natural to be antsy about year one CanPL when it’s been 35 years since you’ve last watched a Canadian soccer league. Let’s not let  insecurity breed intolerance. This is a discussion forum. If alternative viewpoints and critical analysis are just a little too much too early, start a boosters-only thread or just log out and enjoy the soccer.

Edited to add: Or, follow UT’s approach.

I can understand where you're coming from. However I joined this community back in 2007, when i finally felt I had a team to support in the soccer world (TFC). Finding this community brought me down the rabbit hole.

I felt the topics and posters in this forum were much more interesting and engaging than what I was finding over at the RPB forums. I began to look forward to national team games more than TFC games after having known next to nothing about the national team for years.

I don't want the constant negativity from him to prevent others from having the same experience. Especially with 6 new teams entering the fray and many more on the way hopefully. I am sure that there are plenty of people around the country that will get drawn into our little Canadian soccer bubble, but for those that haven't been around long enough, dealing with him just won't be worth it. I find myself asking myself why I bother some days, even if I wanted to quit, the muscle memory of hitting the link to the forums every time I open a browser isn't something that goes away over night

Just now, deschamp86 said:

I don't want the constant negativity from him to prevent others from having the same experience.

Honest question: Do you think people who have blocked him, publicly stated they have blocked him, then continue to troll him after blocking him are positively contributing to this forum? How about the ones who use idiotic 4chan language against him to score cheap Internet points?

I understand the frustration with BBTB, like @The Real Marc I've sparred with him here and at other forums going back over a decade now, but it's gotten to the point where every one of BBTB/Ozzie's posts prompt 5-10 responses from mostly the same people shitting all over him, regardless of how valid the arguments are on either side.

It gets annoying fast.

Over 5000 for a midweek cup game in Hamilton last night is quite good, I expected less, the match didn't get a lot of promo with local media! The Battalion section is getting better and better and the wild ending to the match really brought out the voices, I think we have our 1st CPL rivalry!  

6 minutes ago, RS said:

Honest question: Do you think people who have blocked him, publicly stated they have blocked him, then continue to troll him after blocking him are positively contributing to this forum? How about the ones who use idiotic 4chan language against him to score cheap Internet points?

I understand the frustration with BBTB, like @The Real Marc I've sparred with him here and at other forums going back over a decade now, but it's gotten to the point where every one of BBTB/Ozzie's posts prompt 5-10 responses from mostly the same people shitting all over him, regardless of how valid the arguments are on either side.

It gets annoying fast.

What are these and how do you score these? I don't like all of the silly arguments and choose to just ignore them, sometimes responses are a little OTT but that's the nature of internet forums, do you really think people respond the way they do to impress others, score points?

1 hour ago, RS said:

It gets annoying fast.

Fair enough. There is a clear divide between that seem to be tired of his ****, and people who are tired of people who are tired of his ****. Its unfortunate that in a time when this forum has the potential for real growth that its just going to stagnate because of one person's agenda.

So for now people will just have to deal with seeing this in half the threads until they decide that it just isn't worth it to be apart of this anymore

image.png.912739ba19d6a3a00e9bde31c466ff4d.png

That Forge match was so much fun last night besides the way it ended, it was good quality entertaining football before a good crowd right here in Hamilton! I brought a friend to his 1st Forge match and he loved it, wants to buy tickets for the remainder of the season, the Battalion section is getting louder each match, no poster questioning numbers or trying to put a negative spin on this is going to take that away from us!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

And, as long as he is on topic ... so what?

Anyone regaling someone else on the internet with a he-said/she-said of who put who on block first and calling other posters a cuckold is either a 15 year-old, or has the emotional security (and vocabulary) of one. 

Every day, the vast majority of readers disagree with his opinions and dislike his style but seem to contribute to this discussion without petty vendettas and venomous labels . You, and a minority of others, cannot.  That shows us who the problem is.  

So nothing, as long as I am on topic, I can retort him.

I never said anything about he-said/she-said. I am just telling you truth, that is all. As for the label, I thought my theory on why he fits the bill is logical and sound...especially after making the Bunbury connection.

Lol, in all seriousness, I do feel bad.... sometimes.

I have no vendetta. What are you on about?

Edited by Macksam

I wish we could stop the petty instant posting of attendance numbers (with the accompanying picture of empty seats) and the minute by minute speculation of how the numbers are generated and what it means for the future of the league and possible expansion.  Can we just settle in for the long haul, enjoy the games and have some patience.  WHat am I thinking, of course we cant.

Would you be complaining about the instant posting of attendance numbers and a picture showing what's happening if the entire lower bowl had been filled and everything was going extremely well and exceeding expectations? The Forge using comps for something like this is a valid enough marketing strategy for introducing more people to their product, but the problem if you have an attendance thread is that you aren't comparing like with like at that point. Judging by what's happening with the games at York U and Halifax tonight and the return leg in Calgary next week it is proving difficult to persuade season ticket holders to pick up the extra ticket for these weeknight cup games once it is no longer part of the season ticket package. It will be interesting to see what happens once an MLS team is involved.

Posted (edited)

You post a picture that crops out the full supporters section and we are supposed to believe your authenticity?

You doubting the count is just your speculation. It's not a fact. 

Edited by narduch

So what is that supposed to prove then...especially since you know there is a side of the stadium that seats the BSB and others. Why do you just choose things to fit your narrative? And if you don't have all the information...why bother commenting at all? I don't get your need to **** on things constantly.

10 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Let me ask you this...have you been to a game yet? Do you plan to go?

This question has been posed and ignored time and time again

Mr Parrot: if there were cherry picked pics of a full stands etc there would be comments about that. One game doesnt make or break a season. I dont see why we have to argue about comp tickets, whether flax packs are counted, how they measure attendance, what angle and what time of the game the pics were taken and what all this means in the grand scheme of things after every game.  Its going to be a long tedious summer if we do.  And that goes for Ottawa or CPL.  I have been coming to the thread, because Ansem and CDN footballer have been posting weekly reports, averages etc, which are more indicitive of support/health of the new league.  

Serious question for everyone so I'm not ruffling too many feathers.

Are posts like this useful for people in this thread?  Attempt at some math & analysis without trying to take a positive/negative stance.  Or would people just prefer to discuss the weekly numbers as mentioned above.

Just let me know so I can knock it off if needed.

16 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Serious question for everyone so I'm not ruffling too many feathers.

Are posts like this useful for people in this thread?  Attempt at some math & analysis without trying to take a positive/negative stance.  Or would people just prefer to discuss the weekly numbers as mentioned above.

Just let me know so I can knock it off if needed.

Post whatever you like. You shouldn't have to worry about ruffling feathers. Ozzie is a very special case, where my personal objection is not the counter argument, which must always be accepted in a healthy discussion, but rather the continual pushing of an agenda. That said, he has the right to push his agenda and I can mute him if I don't want to see it.

I like your post linked above.

1 minute ago, johnyb said:

From the look of the stands, I'll assume HFX's Season Tickets did not include this game.

They did not.

6 hours ago, narduch said:

You post a picture that crops out the full supporters section and we are supposed to believe your authenticity?

You doubting the count is just your speculation. It's not a fact. 

The picture Ozzie posted also appears to be even before the game had begun so is mostly not a fair representation of the turnout.

Would be nice if the time of the shot were mentioned to put it in perspective. I watched the stream, 20-30 minutes in things had filled up a bit more and then there's the supporters section that was quite full and not in the pic posted.

Definitely not the crowd we’re used too, but thought we still had a decent showing from what I could tell in the stands. I’d guess around 2500. Privateers did a great job again, especially considering their reduced numbers. Main stand felt about half full.