Sign in to follow this  
CDNFootballer

2019 Canadian Premier League Attendance

1 hour ago, matty said:

true but that really doesn't change it was the #1 attended game.

Sure, but that fact holds little significance when considering that it was a heavily-discounted special event.

It's like drawing direct comparisons between Ottawa's attendance of 3700 and Hamilton's attendance of 17000+ on opening weekend; it's meaningless unless you're comparing like vs like.

2 hours ago, ted said:

"5 or 8 minutes" is not the kind so delays we are talking about. Watching the Edmonton game on TV on Sunday it looked like the stands were still only half-full 15 - 20 minutes or more into the match.

From watching FC  Edmonton matches since their 2011 NASL debut I've learnt not to judge the crowd count till the 30th minute mark when all the late comers have finally made it in.

Might be partially the more common early afternoon start times for the Eddies.

35 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Sure, but that fact holds little significance when considering that it was a heavily-discounted special event.

It's like drawing direct comparisons between Ottawa's attendance of 3700 and Hamilton's attendance of 17000+ on opening weekend; it's meaningless unless you're comparing like vs like.

dude you're acting like i'm hiding the discount which my opening post fully acknowledged. i pointed it out because we compared a home opener to a standard game (which isn't exactly like with like)

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I find it depressing to think Canadians cannot arrive on time for things, what are we coming to?

I don't know but it is in all aspects of life. Whether at my work or not-for-profit organizations and clubs, the idea of actually starting on time seems alien to people.

If I say a meeting starts @ 7:00 pm, I expect you to be seated, settled and ready to start @7:00 bloody pm. I've had to give up hope that that will ever be true.

50 minutes ago, ted said:

I don't know but it is in all aspects of life. Whether at my work or not-for-profit organizations and clubs, the idea of actually starting on time seems alien to people.

If I say a meeting starts @ 7:00 pm, I expect you to be seated, settled and ready to start @7:00 bloody pm. I've had to give up hope that that will ever be true.

different degrees of fans. for some, i see no real issue with casual fans being late but do see an issue with adjusting start times. movies don't do it

Of course movies do it. They have all the filler stuff and previews. The movie doesn't actually roll at whatever the time is.

34 minutes ago, Tigers said:

Of course movies do it. They have all the filler stuff and previews. The movie doesn't actually roll at whatever the time is.

I'm counting that as part of it similar to pregame ceremony.

Posted (edited)

Canadian Championship

Pacific vs Cavalry 2294 {that looks generously announced from the highlights, maybe 1500 actually there?}

Vaughan vs Halifax 1200

Blainville vs York 9 no number yet

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Canadian Championship

Pacific vs Cavalry 2294 {that looks generously announced from the highlights, maybe 1500 actually there?}

Even the supporters section was pretty well empty. Doesnt look good for support in that location.

1 hour ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Even the supporters section was pretty well empty. Doesnt look good for support in that location.

It also looks like it was raining pretty good, so I am sure that affected it

5 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

It also looks like it was raining pretty good, so I am sure that affected it

The covered stands looked pretty packed.

3 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

1200 for Vaughan Azzurri is impressive

Agreed.

In the same stadium TFC II used to play at.

Up against a TFC home match vs. Rooney.

And a big Raptors game (sort of).

It's hard to say for sure as new blocks of unsold seats have been showing up on Ticketmaster in the last few days, but if all the grey dots on TM today represent sold seats, Valour is at just over 4000 so far for this evening. It will be definitely be lower than their first two home crowds but not terrible for a cool-ish early spring match on a Thursday. 

7 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

That's a joke, right?!?!

A mid-week cup game, on a rainy night,  in a competition almost no casuals know about?

Our attendance was pretty good.

3 hours ago, ted said:

That's a joke, right?!?!

A mid-week cup game, on a rainy night,  in a competition almost no casuals know about?

Our attendance was pretty good.

I agree, but a question: do you know why they brought in folks from Italy to install modular wooden stands with lovely roofs that only cover part of the stands, leaving a swath open to the rain?

I only noticed it by the way folks were sitting, in a line just covered by the roof in each case. 

Why the hell wouldn't they cover the whole stand they installed, it is really dumb, but only now I saw it.

Also: I think the final version of the "family" stand on the other end is slated to be covered fully, is that right?

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I agree, but a question: do you know why they brought in folks from Italy to install modular wooden stands with lovely roofs that only cover part of the stands, leaving a swath open to the rain?

I only noticed it by the way folks were sitting, in a line just covered by the roof in each case. 

Why the hell wouldn't they cover the whole stand they installed, it is really dumb, but only now I saw it.

Also: I think the final version of the "family" stand on the other end is slated to be covered fully, is that right?

Not sure if the roof covers all the seating or not, looks like it does. Wind is a factor so even if the roof covers all the seats the lower one's would be subject to wind blowing the rain on the lower rows at times.

Posted (edited)

DIY stats: not courtesy of CPL.

Valour Attendances (CPL matches only):

HOME: 20,650 / 3 = 6,883 avg.

Thu 16 May 2019 vs. Forge: 4,731

Sat 11 May 2019 vs. HFX Wanderers: 5,763

Sat  4 May 2019 vs. FC Edmonton: 10,156

AWAY: 4,415 / 2 = 2,208 avg.

Wed  8 May 2019 vs. Cavalry: 2,055

Wed  1 May 2019 vs. Pacific: 2,360

Edited by Lofty

That's a good midweek crowd on a cool night, the RRR could be heard  in the broadcast, I haven't seen it posted, why are they behind the goal in the corner, the sight lines must be poor and the camera angles only rarely show them!

20 minutes ago, gator said:

That's a good midweek crowd on a cool night, the RRR could be heard  in the broadcast, I haven't seen it posted, why are they behind the goal in the corner, the sight lines must be poor and the camera angles only rarely show them!

That's where they were put and they seem to be happy with it.

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

Thu 16 May 2019 vs. Forge: 4,731

That implies that two out of every three seats in the sections being used were filled, which looks a bit dubious from the highlights. Suspect there were plenty of no shows among the season ticket base, so it could still be accurate on paid.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:48 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Canadian Championship

Vaughan vs Halifax 1200

Blainville vs York 9 no number yet

Not CPL (yet?) but Blainville announced 1500 at the game. It was a fun stadium experience overall.

7 hours ago, Reign said:

Valour fans would have a great atmosphere if they had a 6-8K soccer specific.

Never going to happen, but that is the dream