Sign in to follow this  
CDNFootballer

2019 Canadian Premier League Attendance

@DoyleG

Yes, I agree, don't respond to the troll.

As for what can help attendance numbers next year, I think more evening games when the sun is down would help, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

2 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

All in all I agree it has been fairly decent. York I think is a cause for concern. Edmonton and Pacific also have some serious work to do.as well. I think Calgary will be fine as long as they bring ticket prices WAY down next year. Winnipeg, Hamilton and Halifax all have strong season ticket bases and solid numbers.

Didn't York also make a pig's ear of their pricing? I'm hoping their numbers will improve significantly once they sort that out.

Westhills is a fabulous little football stadium. I'm watching Valour at cavernous IGF and I'd swap it for Weshills in a NY second. They absolutely MUST find a way to make it work.

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

@DoyleG

Yes, I agree, don't respond to the troll.

As for what can help attendance numbers next year, I think more evening games when the sun is down would help, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

I agree, evening games are the best.  Loved watching the evening games at Swangard in the old Whitecaps/86ers days, wasn't so fond of their few early day games...and hate their 4pm kickoff times they have now.

8 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

All in all I agree it has been fairly decent. York I think is a cause for concern. Edmonton and Pacific also have some serious work to do.as well...

They went with a sensible low salary cap that appears to be more comparable to USL 1 setups than what was being talked about at one point when something higher than the NASL was being rumoured and appear to have managed to get Mediapro to pick up the tab for webstream production costs, so hopefully the stronger independently owned 6000-8000 USL Championship sort of numbers that were said to be needed on crowds are no longer applicable and none of the investors were expecting to be in 10,000+ Sacramento, Indy 11 and New Mexico territory on attendance any time soon:

When you look at the comparable USL numbers and compare with CanPL the one thing that should jump out of the page is just how spectacular the crowds in Halifax have been when market size is taken into consideration.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot