2019 Canadian Premier League Attendance

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

HAHAHA....he cant help himself.  7152 announced attendence..pretty good right.  but he says  "I hope thats accurate.....interesting to see some crowd pictures"  Not 2 posts after saying he doesnt always say something negative about the attendance numbers (excluding Halifax for some reason).    

“I hope that’s accurate” is neither positive nor negative.

If anything, it could be construed as a positive in that he’s hoping the good crowd number is accurate. 

I can’t believe you people are making me defend BBTB.

16 minutes ago, RS said:

If anything, it could be construed as a positive in that he’s hoping the good crowd number is accurate. 

You thought it was a contructive comment?  You think he was complaining about underestimating the crowd? You must have missed his posts talking about free bees, give aways and forge's exaggerated attendance numbers.  Go ahead and defend him if you want, I only respond to a small % of these snarky back handed jibes about the attendance.  

11 hours ago, RS said:

I can't believe you're defending him.

12 hours ago, Kwar said:

Edmonton's attendance was disappointing.

They've been ridiculed for low crowds for almost a decade now but they are still around with the same owners, while in contrast there has been a lot of turnover on franchises and owners elsewhere. It's not safe to assume that the numbers are truly comparable from city to city in terms of always being full price paid attendance and different owners have wildly varying tolerances for financial losses regardless of the number of zeros in their net worth, so there's no reason to start writing any obituaries for any of the teams based on what we are seeing so far. The franchises with the biggest problems are often not the ones you would suspect from what you see on the surface.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

They've been ridiculed for low crowds for almost a decade now but they are still around with the same owners, while in contrast there has been a lot of turnover on franchises and owners elsewhere. It's not safe to assume that the numbers are truly comparable from city to city in terms of always being full price paid attendance and different owners have wildly varying tolerances for financial losses regardless of the number of zeros in their net worth, so there's no reason to start writing any obituaries for any of the teams based on what we are seeing so far. The franchises with the biggest problems are often not the ones you would suspect from what you see on the surface.

I was talking about the last game against Calgary.  Being that it was against a regional rival who is top of the table I would have expected a bigger crowd.  I'm not worrying about crowd sizes already.  I've been around a long time and seen many leagues and teams fold and would hope that this league has a solid business plan, unlike leagues in the past.  Its along way, for instance, from the days where a business owner like Nelson Skalbania would plop a transplanted team in Calgary, have them play a season, then fold the team because they didn't draw as well as Vancouver did.

5 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

6021 @ Halifax Wednesday

2500 @ York Wednesday

Ignoring the obvious where Y9 is concerned, there were few obvious gaps in the stands in the highlights so Halifax shows that midweek games don't have to be a problem if the fan interest is there in the market concerned. Think we'll see something similar with the Valour as well this week. There are definite reasons to believe this can work overall.

23 hours ago, Lofty said:

They seem to be using the old number for Valour's home opener, rather than the updated one which was over 10k.

Still, if those numbers are mostly accurate, I am definitely happy. Do we have crowd pictures to confirm?

The Valour opener was changed back to the 9699 a while back.

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

I have a feeling that Thursday night might be a better choice for the league attendance than Wednesday nights

For sure. At least here in Victoria Thursday night is often treated as the start of the weekend (which it may be for lots of government workers and University/college students).