2019 Canadian Premier League Attendance

3 hours ago, Kwar said:

At least he gives an accurate number.  The game report on the official CPL website originally said 6,200, now says "6,000 odd supporters".

CPL did the same thing for last Sundays Pacific FC game, they post 5100 on their website where the exact number reported elsewhere was 5154.

CPL dropping the ball on attendance reporting so far, usually the league report states the actual number not a rounded one, hope they fix this, not hard to do.

Edited by CDNFootballer

6 minutes ago, DrFitzpatrick said:

Cavalry tickets prices are way too high.  I predict that team fails in a hurry if they don't fix it.

I predict the owners of that team are worth over 2 billion dollars and will be just fine. 

It's too late to change them this year. I do hope next year they mark down those highest priced tickets or carve out a few sections at a rate in between. There does seem to be a market for those prices but not enough to make up almost half the stadium. 

1 minute ago, Alex D said:

I predict the owners of that team are worth over 2 billion dollars and will be just fine. 

It's too late to change them this year. I do hope next year they mark down those highest priced tickets or carve out a few sections at a rate in between. There does seem to be a market for those prices but not enough to make up almost half the stadium. 

People worth 2 billion dollars generally don't like to flush money down the toilet.  Its in a terrible location (I'm told) and the prices are so high only their country club members can afford them.

26 minutes ago, DrFitzpatrick said:

Oh and it was snowing, so there is that...

I really was on the fence, but in the end I didn't go to the Cavalry game because the cheapest tickets I could find were $65. I have bought MLS tickets for cheaper than that. Watched from the comfort of my home instead. 

Kudos to those who went, the place looked fantastic on the broadcast! Haven't seen the numbers, but it looked 70-80% full this afternoon.

960 am radio also had a pre-game and mentioned the results of the game afterwards as well. Nice to see the city embrace it.

Still can't believe we have a professinal league. We have arrived!

Edited by Obinna

33 minutes ago, Big_M said:

^ seems you missed the news that traffic and parking was a nightmare..some got there 15-20 min in, others in the 2nd half and some even turned back and went home

When looking at ticketmaster I saw A LOT of unsold seats so that argument doesn't really fly

4424 in Calgary according to this report:

https://aftn.ca/cavalry-fc-weathers-the-storm-to-win-opening-fixture/

Looks about right for what was still left on Ticketmaster shortly before kickoff.

Barring a late rush in sales, Wednesday's game will be a lot lower than this and in a worst case scenario may not break 2000. Hopefully, they adjust their pricing soon if that happens, but from a revenue standpoint they were probably well ahead of Halifax, so they may not see this as a pressing issue. Low crowds paying very high prices might be the formula that works best for them in the short to medium term if traffic issues can't easily be resolved.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Yeah the unfortunate thing about Cavalry tickets is even tho they mite only sell 2-3K tickets per game they are probably still generating just as much revenue if not more then some of 4-6K selling stadiums. If the team is a huge hit and they average 4K + attendance then they will crush other teams revenue. Not a great business model for the fans but could pay dividends for the club.

It's been a long time since I was in Germany and went to a match, but the Bundesliga at least used to price their tickets a bit below market price. Not just to fill stadiums, but more like a kind of social contract with their fans. I feel Forge ticket prices are reasonable; not inexpensive but certainly not overpriced. They seem to be going all-out to build their fan base now to pay dividends later. THF has more seats to fill, but they could have charged more if they so wanted.

15 hours ago, DrFitzpatrick said:

People worth 2 billion dollars generally don't like to flush money down the toilet.  Its in a terrible location (I'm told) and the prices are so high only their country club members can afford them.

People worth $2 billion dollars generally do their research and create sound business plans.

We all wish they priced things more reasonably but the owners would have anticipated what kind of response they would get and who they are targeting and selling the club to. Would it be safe to say they are trying to be an elitist club catered to a higher socioeconomic demographic like their show jumping clientele? Maybe, but they have a plan in mind and will execute accordingly. 

20 minutes ago, Macksam said:

People worth $2 billion dollars generally do their research and create sound business plans.

We all wish they priced things more reasonably but the owners would have anticipated what kind of response they would get and who they are targeting and selling the club to. Would it be safe to say they are trying to be an elitist club catered to a higher socioeconomic demographic like their show jumping clientele? Maybe, but they have a plan in mind and will execute accordingly. 

Always sucking up to the elites, @Macksam, give us a break with your inane propaganda. 

Are you aware of the high % of billionaire families of 50 years ago, in North American and Europe, who are now comparitively penniless--they most certainly and factually do not always do their homework, nor do sound business plans, nor ensure corporate continuity; the majority, in fact, fail to do so and their grand children end up upper middle class liberal professionals, maybe with a few rental properties to hold them over.

Here is the reality check:

http://money.com/money/3925308/rich-families-lose-wealth/

Cavalry owners have been azzholes from day one and got what they deserve by being so stupid and arrogant towards their paying customers. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Always sucking up to the elites, @Macksam, give us a break with your inane propaganda. 

Are you aware of the high % of billionaire families of 50 years ago, in North American and Europe, who are now comparitively penniless--they most certainly and factually do not always do their homework, nor do sound business plans, nor ensure corporate continuity; the majority, in fact, fail to do so and their grand children end up upper middle class liberal professionals, maybe with a few rental properties to hold them over.

Here is the reality check:

http://money.com/money/3925308/rich-families-lose-wealth/

Cavalry owners have been azzholes from day one and got what they deserve by being so stupid and arrogant towards their paying customers. 

Sure, it's entirely possible they may fit the description you paint and I'm not denying there's a tonne of examples of rich families who have squandered their collective wealth but....they may also be going about things based on how I perceive things. Either of us do not know what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyhow, I am not denying they have boondoggled a few things already like the parking issue yesterday.

Now as for me "always sucking up to the elites," and giving people inane propaganda, I really wasn't going for that angle. You have caught me by surprise with that.

Edited by Macksam

Dont feel bad macksam.  Its a self serving article based based on "facts" from a company that makes money off generational estate planning.  Of course its in their best interest to get you to believe that high % of wealthy families go penniless.  That article isnt worth the paper its printed on, its damn near an infomerical on estate planning.  

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

Sure, it's entirely possible they may fit the description you paint and I'm not denying there's a tonne of examples of rich families who have squandered their collective wealth but....they may also be going about things based on how I perceive things. Either of us do not know what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyhow, I am not denying they have boondoggled a few things already like the parking issue yesterday.

Now as for me "always sucking up to the elites," and giving people inane propaganda, I really wasn't going for that angle. You have caught me by surprise with that.

That’s UT for you, lots of very authoritative opinions and blow-hard pronouncements about how one is ‘always’ doing this or that, or about how he’d ‘expect’ someone of lesser intellect, like all of us, to say this or that. That’s one of the reasons I put him on ‘ignore’.