2019 Canadian Premier League Attendance

6 minutes ago, RS said:

Honest question: Do you think people who have blocked him, publicly stated they have blocked him, then continue to troll him after blocking him are positively contributing to this forum? How about the ones who use idiotic 4chan language against him to score cheap Internet points?

I understand the frustration with BBTB, like @The Real Marc I've sparred with him here and at other forums going back over a decade now, but it's gotten to the point where every one of BBTB/Ozzie's posts prompt 5-10 responses from mostly the same people shitting all over him, regardless of how valid the arguments are on either side.

It gets annoying fast.

What are these and how do you score these? I don't like all of the silly arguments and choose to just ignore them, sometimes responses are a little OTT but that's the nature of internet forums, do you really think people respond the way they do to impress others, score points?

1 hour ago, RS said:

Honest question: Do you think people who have blocked him, publicly stated they have blocked him, then continue to troll him after blocking him are positively contributing to this forum? How about the ones who use idiotic 4chan language against him to score cheap Internet points?

I understand the frustration with BBTB, like @The Real Marc I've sparred with him here and at other forums going back over a decade now, but it's gotten to the point where every one of BBTB/Ozzie's posts prompt 5-10 responses from mostly the same people shitting all over him, regardless of how valid the arguments are on either side.

It gets annoying fast.

Fair enough. There is a clear divide between that seem to be tired of his shit, and people who are tired of people who are tired of his shit. Its unfortunate that in a time when this forum has the potential for real growth that its just going to stagnate because of one person's agenda.

So for now people will just have to deal with seeing this in half the threads until they decide that it just isn't worth it to be apart of this anymore

image.png.912739ba19d6a3a00e9bde31c466ff4d.png

That Forge match was so much fun last night besides the way it ended, it was good quality entertaining football before a good crowd right here in Hamilton! I brought a friend to his 1st Forge match and he loved it, wants to buy tickets for the remainder of the season, the Battalion section is getting louder each match, no poster questioning numbers or trying to put a negative spin on this is going to take that away from us!

3 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

And, as long as he is on topic ... so what?

Anyone regaling someone else on the internet with a he-said/she-said of who put who on block first and calling other posters a cuckold is either a 15 year-old, or has the emotional security (and vocabulary) of one. 

Every day, the vast majority of readers disagree with his opinions and dislike his style but seem to contribute to this discussion without petty vendettas and venomous labels . You, and a minority of others, cannot.  That shows us who the problem is.  

So nothing, as long as I am on topic, I can retort him.

I never said anything about he-said/she-said. I am just telling you truth, that is all. As for the label, I thought my theory on why he fits the bill is logical and sound...especially after making the Bunbury connection.

Lol, in all seriousness, I do feel bad.... sometimes.

I have no vendetta. What are you on about?

Edited by Macksam

I wish we could stop the petty instant posting of attendance numbers (with the accompanying picture of empty seats) and the minute by minute speculation of how the numbers are generated and what it means for the future of the league and possible expansion.  Can we just settle in for the long haul, enjoy the games and have some patience.  WHat am I thinking, of course we cant.

Would you be complaining about the instant posting of attendance numbers and a picture showing what's happening if the entire lower bowl had been filled and everything was going extremely well and exceeding expectations? The Forge using comps for something like this is a valid enough marketing strategy for introducing more people to their product, but the problem if you have an attendance thread is that you aren't comparing like with like at that point. Judging by what's happening with the games at York U and Halifax tonight and the return leg in Calgary next week it is proving difficult to persuade season ticket holders to pick up the extra ticket for these weeknight cup games once it is no longer part of the season ticket package. It will be interesting to see what happens once an MLS team is involved.

So what is that supposed to prove then...especially since you know there is a side of the stadium that seats the BSB and others. Why do you just choose things to fit your narrative? And if you don't have all the information...why bother commenting at all? I don't get your need to shit on things constantly.

Mr Parrot: if there were cherry picked pics of a full stands etc there would be comments about that. One game doesnt make or break a season. I dont see why we have to argue about comp tickets, whether flax packs are counted, how they measure attendance, what angle and what time of the game the pics were taken and what all this means in the grand scheme of things after every game.  Its going to be a long tedious summer if we do.  And that goes for Ottawa or CPL.  I have been coming to the thread, because Ansem and CDN footballer have been posting weekly reports, averages etc, which are more indicitive of support/health of the new league.  

Serious question for everyone so I'm not ruffling too many feathers.

Are posts like this useful for people in this thread?  Attempt at some math & analysis without trying to take a positive/negative stance.  Or would people just prefer to discuss the weekly numbers as mentioned above.

Just let me know so I can knock it off if needed.

6 hours ago, narduch said:

You post a picture that crops out the full supporters section and we are supposed to believe your authenticity?

You doubting the count is just your speculation. It's not a fact. 

The picture Ozzie posted also appears to be even before the game had begun so is mostly not a fair representation of the turnout.

Would be nice if the time of the shot were mentioned to put it in perspective. I watched the stream, 20-30 minutes in things had filled up a bit more and then there's the supporters section that was quite full and not in the pic posted.

2 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

Definitely not the crowd we’re used too, but thought we still had a decent showing from what I could tell in the stands. I’d guess around 2500. Privateers did a great job again, especially considering their reduced numbers. Main stand felt about half full.

Looked quite a bit less then that one One Soccer. Maybe 1500 or 2000 at the very tops. Hopefully this is a learning experience for the club. Start time was crazy, virtually no promotion of the game outside social media, ticketing problems, pricing uncertainty......

I think early round cup games during the week in general around going to be a tough sell for all teams in the league. Many season ticket holders may be hesitant to pay another $25-$50 per ticket on top of their season ticket fees just to see a midweek match against another CPL club. 

On top of that I think single match tickets are generally going to be a bit of a struggle during the week for all clubs in general as the league builds a name for itself. I imagine during the weekday matches most clubs will rely on the season ticket holders to bolster the stands.

I'm hoping in the future clubs may use the early cup games to run promotions such as York's all seats for 10$. Also possibly bump up the ad promotion of the games to increase knowledge of the club, league and cup. 

Would be a shame not to work on this and just have the cup games played in front of much smaller then usual crowds. 

11 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Looked quite a bit less then that one One Soccer. Maybe 1500 or 2000 at the very tops. Hopefully this is a learning experience for the club. Start time was crazy, virtually no promotion of the game outside social media, ticketing problems, pricing uncertainty......

I think early round cup games during the week in general around going to be a tough sell for all teams in the league. Many season ticket holders may be hesitant to pay another $25-$50 per ticket on top of their season ticket fees just to see a midweek match against another CPL club. 

On top of that I think single match tickets are generally going to be a bit of a struggle during the week for all clubs in general as the league builds a name for itself. I imagine during the weekday matches most clubs will rely on the season ticket holders to bolster the stands.

I'm hoping in the future clubs may use the early cup games to run promotions such as York's all seats for 10$. Also possibly bump up the ad promotion of the games to increase knowledge of the club, league and cup. 

Would be a shame not to work on this and just have the cup games played in front of much smaller then usual crowds. 

I think this is probably a big part of it.  For non-diehards, seasons tickets already represent a fairly substantial outlay - especially when you factor in the shirts for you and your kids etc.  They may not feel the need to fork over yet more for what they see as a bonus game in what is still a largely unknown competition to the general public.  I think this will change over time as the competition gets ever more profile, but this year it is pretty understandable.  

1 hour ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Had a look back at the highlights and definitely looks lower than it felt in person.

Agree with all your points as well - had a bit of trouble convincing my wife that I needed to pay extra for this game. Hopefully once the importance of the Voyaguers Cup is better understood by the general fan base, we’ll get better attendance. Brought a non-soccer buddy to the match tonight and had to explain the context of this match and the concept of away goals a few times. He’s been loving the matches so far though.

19 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Honestly, they should just include the Voyageur's in with the season ticket packages - at the very least until the MLS sides get in.  They'll probably make more in concessions & parking than they'd lose by scaring people away with another ticket cost.

Valour have included their initial V-Cup game in the season tickets.