Forge FC Season Thread 2019

8 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Pretty good switch for Forge. There is enough depth on the wings for Forge to replace Welshman. The whole crowd got a buzz when Thomas came on. Plus still have Zajac, Choiniere, Nanco and not have much of a dropoff. Hopefully, Edgar can be an improvement at CB.

I disagree as Welshman looked one of the most dangerous attackers for Forge vs Antigua, and since moving to a more outside attacker, has seemed a reap threat to every back line we’ve played against. 

Antigua’s left back will be happy to hear Welshman is gone. I’m less so as a Forge fan, but I am happy for him and what it could mean for him personally and professionally. 

Edited by maccaliam

I feel like Samuel gets an unnecessary amount of flak just from being a big boy. I’ve rarely seen him misplay a ball when he’s bossing the middle of the back line and he’s been useful moving it up the wing when he plays on the outside. He wins balls in the air and rarely loses tackles on the ground (albeit while drawing frequent cautions from the ref). 

He runs like a bull and is a lot faster than he looks. It’s easy to look negatively on such a big bodied athlete, but I can see why bobby trusts him to start week out.

6 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I feel like Samuel gets an unnecessary amount of flak just from being a big boy. I’ve rarely seen him misplay a ball when he’s bossing the middle of the back line and he’s been useful moving it up the wing when he plays on the outside. He wins balls in the air and rarely loses tackles on the ground (albeit while drawing frequent cautions from the ref). 

He runs like a bull and is a lot faster than he looks. It’s easy to look negatively on such a big bodied athlete, but I can see why bobby trusts him to start week out.

You’re right, he’s definitely really under rated, especially offensively. He’s played well at full back when he’s been asked. He literally chopped a defender In the box and won a penalty. 

Edited by Langs

Samuel has made his fair share of crucial errors, the first couple of matches come to mind and he lost his mark for the equalizer in Edmonton last Saturday, I still think he has a lot to offer as he's versatile and has improved as the season progresses! Edgar will be a nice addition if he stays healthy as he has a wealth of experience to share with this young squad!

• 2 weeks later...

This could get very messy for so many reasons, what if the ruling is upheld, the club fires Reynders and Bobby is fully behind his assistant? Reynders would have a hard time getting another coaching gig with this ruling against him, if he maintains his innocence after an appeal rules against him I could see a legal battle! 

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

The proof would be in the testimony of people who say they witnessed it. He has the right to face his accuser(s). Why is the whole thing so secretive? Let's hear what his accusers say they saw and heard and what all others present say they saw and heard. There is video so there is a fair chance that the truth could be verified. It is in everybody's best interest for the shroud of secrecy to be lifted so that the truth can see the light of day.

Testimony is evidence not proof.

He is a bold individual to be racially abusing black players while coaching a team with 5-6 black players on the pitch. I'm sure Bobby wouldn't stand for it, and the Forge players wouldn't either. Really curious to see how this plays out 

I think it was poor form on the BSB “supporters” group to jump to a conclusion based on the below wording.  It’s shameful if the man is being charged in Orwellian fashion.  Why so late if there is proof?  Did Cavalry complain again after their loss on Sunday?  Timing is suspect.. why wouldn’t you suspend him before the teams met again if you had proof? I have a hard time believing proof arrived during this week.

The CSA’s wording makes it seem like they have no proof:

Mr P Reynders has been charged with misconduct for breaching Canada Soccer’s Code of Conduct and Ethics whereby he allegedly made a discriminatory verbal statement that escaped the attention of the match officials.

How can you be charged for something you allegedly did?  That’s defamatory and I hope that Reynders sues the shit out of the CSA.

Edited by CanadaFan123

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I think it was poor form on the BSB “supporters” group to jump to a conclusion based on the below wording.  It’s shameful if the man is being charged in Orwellian fashion.  Why so late if there is proof?  Did Cavalry complain again after their loss on Sunday?  Timing is suspect.. why wouldn’t you suspend him before the teams met again if you had proof? I have a hard time believing proof arrived during this week.

The CSA’s wording makes it seem like they have no proof:

Mr P Reynders has been charged with misconduct for breaching Canada Soccer’s Code of Conduct and Ethics whereby he allegedly made a discriminatory verbal statement that escaped the attention of the match officials.

How can you be charged for something you allegedly did?  That’s defamatory and I hope that Reynders sues the **** out of the CSA.

I completely agree but is it actually the BSB saying these things (i"m not on FB) from what I understand it is some individuals who are acting as judge and jury on this and telling the club what they should be doing, The Battalion released their anti discrimination statement, that's it and that's as far as it should go for the group!