Sign in to follow this  
Unnamed Trialist

Forge FC Season Thread 2019

6 minutes ago, gator said:

Forge are in serious need of a proven striker, with only one roster spot remaining I hope this is being addressed! 

Simeon Jackson would be awesome. But probably wishful thinking. 

22 hours ago, king1010 said:

Simeon Jackson would be awesome. But probably wishful thinking. 

Based on how guys like Haber and Nakajima-Farran have fared thus far, I am beginning to think that Jackson might not be all that great in CPL. I do think he is better than Haber though, and with a better team behind him than what Haber has, I could be wrong

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

Based on how guys like Haber and Nakajima-Farran have fared thus far, I am beginning to think that Jackson might not be all that great in CPL. I do think he is better than Haber though, and with a better team behind him than what Haber has, I could be wrong

What about a jordan hamilton? 

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

What about a jordan hamilton? 

Jordan Hamilton would be the perfect guy for Forge, but there is no way he is ready to come to the CPL yet. I'd have better hope of an AJH coming over next year.

2 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Honestly, Haber would seem a good fit with the Forge system. The problems at Pacific go well beyond him 

On 6/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, gator said:

Forge are in serious need of a proven striker, with only one roster spot remaining I hope this is being addressed! 

Valour are also in need of a proven striker. Oh wait, we already have one but he rarely plays and when he does, nobody passes him the ball!

On 6/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, SthMelbRed said:

The guy I quoted wants suspensions for players retrospectively deemed to have dived. This is despite the offence only meriting a yellow card when called by the match referee in real time. That's putting it on par with 1 and 3.

Yes, and the reason why is fining is not an effective form of discipline in professional sports. It's a slap on the wrist. So what other methods of discipline are there? The only other I can think of is an automatic yellow at the start of the next match, but suddenly the purists will be up in arms. 

So let me qualify my remarks then. 1 and 3, player safety is involved which, frankly should carry even longer suspensions then diving should. Diving is 1 game, with cumulative suspensions for repeat behavior player safety is minimum 1 for reckless play, minimum 2 for intentional with additional games for repeat behavior and more tacked on depending on severity and if injury is caused. IE: 1 and 3 are more severe offenses and warrant potentially longer suspensions.

Edited by -Hammer-

Does anyone know the bag policy at Tim Horton's field for Forge games? 

I'm attending my first game tomorrow and generally carry a backpack but if it's drama, I'll leave it at home. 

14 hours ago, SadOnMondays said:

Does anyone know the bag policy at Tim Horton's field for Forge games? 

For specifics, you should look for the policy on the Tim Hortons Field website or TiCats, if there's not enough info on the Forge FC site. But, because of the weather and having two kids with us, we've taken a large bag to each match. Large enough for a couple of blankets, 4 rain ponchos, and maybe a couple of other things. They do check bags on the way in but unless you're bringing certain beverages that shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy the match!

Edited by RickC