Forge FC Season Thread 2019

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

Based on how guys like Haber and Nakajima-Farran have fared thus far, I am beginning to think that Jackson might not be all that great in CPL. I do think he is better than Haber though, and with a better team behind him than what Haber has, I could be wrong

What about a jordan hamilton? 

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

What about a jordan hamilton? 

Jordan Hamilton would be the perfect guy for Forge, but there is no way he is ready to come to the CPL yet. I'd have better hope of an AJH coming over next year.

2 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Based on how guys like Haber and Nakajima-Farran have fared thus far, I am beginning to think that Jackson might not be all that great in CPL. I do think he is better than Haber though, and with a better team behind him than what Haber has, I could be wrong

Honestly, Haber would seem a good fit with the Forge system. The problems at Pacific go well beyond him 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, SthMelbRed said:

The guy I quoted wants suspensions for players retrospectively deemed to have dived. This is despite the offence only meriting a yellow card when called by the match referee in real time. That's putting it on par with 1 and 3.

Yes, and the reason why is fining is not an effective form of discipline in professional sports. It's a slap on the wrist. So what other methods of discipline are there? The only other I can think of is an automatic yellow at the start of the next match, but suddenly the purists will be up in arms. 

So let me qualify my remarks then. 1 and 3, player safety is involved which, frankly should carry even longer suspensions then diving should. Diving is 1 game, with cumulative suspensions for repeat behavior player safety is minimum 1 for reckless play, minimum 2 for intentional with additional games for repeat behavior and more tacked on depending on severity and if injury is caused. IE: 1 and 3 are more severe offenses and warrant potentially longer suspensions.

Edited by -Hammer-

14 hours ago, SadOnMondays said:

Does anyone know the bag policy at Tim Horton's field for Forge games? 

For specifics, you should look for the policy on the Tim Hortons Field website or TiCats, if there's not enough info on the Forge FC site. But, because of the weather and having two kids with us, we've taken a large bag to each match. Large enough for a couple of blankets, 4 rain ponchos, and maybe a couple of other things. They do check bags on the way in but unless you're bringing certain beverages that shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy the match!

Edited by RickC

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Just got email from the club, looks like CONCACAF League game is August 1st. Just thought I'd test the waters and ask, what do you think our chances are against GFC Antigua? 

Antigua is the name for Old Town in Spanish. 

Bunch of frigging alchemist priests and bookworms, piece of cake. 

Looks like GFC has a Canadian on their roster; Marco Dominguez-Ramirez  Impact academy product. Played for FC Montreal and FC Cincinnati in USL.

Interesting that the agency that represents him does have a lot of players in the CPL.

Edited by to70

I think that Forge expected Emery could come in and play as a striker. Him being more suited for an out wide role pushed some pretty good talent in Choineire/Nanco/Zajac into rare depth appearances.

I'm not concerned with him leaving as much as I'm hopeful that this free roster spot allows for us to bring in a proper striker. Mo Babouli is the obvious first thought, but I wouldn't mind getting a guy like Shaan Hundal who TFC probably wishes was getting more minutes in Ottawa.

If they bring in a proper target striker to replace him that's fine.  One of the things Emery brought to the table even on the wing was his physicality.  He drew a lot of defensive attention which opened things up for players like Borges and Cisse and Bekker.  When they were forced to play without Welshman or Novak in the lineup they just looked like a team with lots of possession but no final product.