Forge FC Season Thread 2019

42 minutes ago, Hybred said:

Are you in supporters section? Where else is their a banner?

Yes we are in the supporters section and it's easy to say it is loosely general admission anyway however 12 years of supporting TFC in the south stands has taught me once the weather gets better people will move into the supporters area from other sections and that is why we wanted specific seats at the top of the section!

9 minutes ago, gator said:

Yes we are in the supporters section and it's easy to say it is loosely general admission anyway however 12 years of supporting TFC in the south stands has taught me once the weather gets better people will move into the supporters area from other sections and that is why we wanted specific seats at the top of the section!

Ya that is really shitty especially since you picked the seats out so long ago and the Supporters Group kind of took you out.

Kyle Becker has been fined and suspended for two games by the CSA:

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-announces-fine-suspension-for-forge-fc-s-kyle-bekker-p162161-preview-1

...Based upon a review of the incident by Canada Soccer's independent judicial body the player was charged with misconduct as per the Canada Soccer Disciplinary Code. Bekker will miss the games on 8 and 12 May 2019...

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

15 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Kyle Becker has been fined and suspended for two games by the CSA:

I say good...thought it was a direct red card, or at least a yellow when seeing it live, and doubly so on TV. It does raise questions though, like what is the process, who is involved, and why did it take so long. Is there an appeals process? The linked notification states "Canada Soccer is responsible for all disciplinary matters in Canada" but does not mention MLS.

7 minutes ago, RickC said:

I say good...thought it was a direct red card, or at least a yellow when seeing it live, and doubly so on TV. It does raise questions though, like what is the process, who is involved, and why did it take so long. Is there an appeals process? The linked notification states "Canada Soccer is responsible for all disciplinary matters in Canada" but does not mention MLS.

Can Forge FC appeal? Normally there would always be such a mechanism in place. In fact I think FIFA requires it. 

If so, Forge appeals, the league being too late to decide would have to let him play tomorrow, and the sanction would be put into place for the game after, if upheld. 

We need to hear and be able to read the rules of the competition clearly and know what article is being applied in these cases. If we are going to put review into place, all the aspects of the process have to be there as well. I personally am more bothered by the general attitude of the ref, and the fourth official, who was on top of that play, who refused to do their job properly at the moment and let the league down. And I perfectly understood that the elbow was more rash, getting a ball back hurriedly when losing a match, rather than premeditated or grossly deliberate.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 minutes ago, RickC said:

It's normal for the association rather than the league to handle player discipline. The CSA signs off every year on the playing out rights for Canadian teams in USSF sanctioned leagues. After that I would assume it's a USSF matter?

8 hours ago, Hybred said:

Macron really screwed people on sizing insisting that the league get sizes in 2 sizes more than usual instead of just 1 this resulted in many people only able to get a XL or L equivalent my wife had to settle for a Youth L as Women's XL was a dress. Typical Eurosnobs thinks we Canadian's are all fat.

I arrived on the first day they were handing the Jerseys out for Season seat holders. They had run out of size L. We were told the new shipment would likely come in the following day, but definitely before the first game. That week came and passed with no new shipment, and we were told sorry, but the new shipment would be in the next week. Last week I called and was told they are not getting any more shipments of Jerseys and someone would contact me within 24 hours to discuss this with me. That was one week ago. 

8 hours ago, gator said:

We are getting turfed out of our careful chosen seats to accommodate a banner, we got in early to choose specific seats,  now our seat selection is very limited, not pleased at all about this!

Not good enough, Gator. Are there any seats left in the section? There were still a handful last week. 

1 hour ago, maccaliam said:

Not good enough, Gator. Are there any seats left in the section? There were still a handful last week. 

There are a scattering of seats left in the section, certainly not ones we want, we will check out our options at the match tomorrow, thanks for understanding where we're coming from!

3 hours ago, maccaliam said:

I arrived on the first day they were handing the Jerseys out for Season seat holders. They had run out of size L. We were told the new shipment would likely come in the following day, but definitely before the first game. That week came and passed with no new shipment, and we were told sorry, but the new shipment would be in the next week. Last week I called and was told they are not getting any more shipments of Jerseys and someone would contact me within 24 hours to discuss this with me. That was one week ago. 

I talked with the people in the store and they basically gave me the lowdown, the ticketing department did the ordering for all the jerseys and were advised by Macron to order 2 sizes larger then normal due to Euro sizing standards, so they only ordered 250 M(Euro L) jerseys and then a ton of L(XL Euro) so they have jerseys but not the sizes most people want. Store basically said Ticketing is trying to figure something out but getting a home kit in your size that is not happening this season, could be a credit to the store or something else but Macron and the CPL aren't ordering more Jersey's this season apparently.

It sucks I have a jersey that is a L but I am a S/M so it is shitty but it's either that or nothing and I want a Kit so shit out of luck. Same thing with the scarves the store is missing out on a lot of merchandise sales because they don't have inventory. New league ain't going to be perfect from day 1 unfortunately.

For sure, no one expects perfect. I think most are reasonable about growing pains. I’m just gutted about not having a jersey. I probably would have got a size up if someone had told me they weren’t getting anymore, but I kept getting told they were coming in, and then they weren’t. Then they took my name to contact me, but no email/phone call/carrier pigeon. 

Hopefully all of these hiccups are sorted and everyone can move forward positively. 

Excited to see how they line up tomorrow with Bekker out. I'd expect Borges to slide into that role as an attacking mid. Could also see Choiniere sliding into that midfield due to rotation. Zajac has got a run out as a sub, wonder if they'll trust him to start up top. Considering rotation/suspension and the current formation, this would be my ideal lineup for tm. 

Thomas       Zajac         Nanco

Choiniere    Borges        Cisse

Mohsen   AJ Owundi  Krutzen

Roberts

Would love to see Roberts get a chance on the back. Alternatively, would be curious to try Welshman out wide instead, maybe with a target man like Novak in the middle.

Edited by Pottsy3

11 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Alternatively, would be curious to try Welshman out wide instead, maybe with a target man like Novak in the middle.

I'd like to see this as well.  Welshman has a great work rate and varied skillset but I'd like to see a big poacher like Novak with Welshman and Thomas and Awuah and Borges and Frano feeding him off the wings.

Agree that Choiniere or Borges likely to fill Bekker's role, unless they go more defensive and slot in AJ and Cisse together.  Borges has looked great on wing so I might rather keep him there and have Nanco come off the bench as the sparkplug running at tired defenders.

12 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

That a suspension was handed out is not weird, but that it took 10 days to do it (and after the Forge played another game a week after the incident with Bekker in the line-up) is a bit weird.

Probably due to an appeal.

It'd be nice if that was publicized, though.

5 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I'd like to see this as well.  Welshman has a great work rate and varied skillset but I'd like to see a big poacher like Novak with Welshman and Thomas and Awuah and Borges and Frano feeding him off the wings.

Agree that Choiniere or Borges likely to fill Bekker's role, unless they go more defensive and slot in AJ and Cisse together.  Borges has looked great on wing so I might rather keep him there and have Nanco come off the bench as the sparkplug running at tired defenders.

https://twitter.com/forgefchamilton/status/1126248953224286208?s=21

well there we have it

that one got chilly in the second half. overall, Forge looked like a well put together team for the first time. way less sloppy. still confused about Borges not playing for the second game straight, maybe a knock? still haven't heard much about Grant's knock either.

Really liked Crutzen on the back, we'll be seeing him a lot with Grant out. And Samuel is still a beast back there, a fatter Doneil Henry (hopefully with better distribution). I'd imagine a few cards from him by years end. Kadell Thomas has already became a fan favourite, but he tried to show off a bit when he was on. Frano was great, still a bit confused at his position as sometimes he slides back as if a right back. Novak had some nice hold up play up top but didn't touch the ball too much, still like him in the middle more than Welshman. Choiniere showed his flair, and is clearly talented, but did have a few questionable passes. Roberts looked confident in goal. Overall, loved the performance.

Choiniere was easily MotM. Didn't connect on everything but worked his ass off to get the ball back immediately. You're right about Kadell Thomas, heard his name being chanted constantly by the young kids in my section. Was a bit cocky but that's the sign of a young man gaining confidence and rightfully so...he's the real deal and will only get better. I like the coach just bringing him on as a sub for now but I expect him to be a full time starter soon. Frano as captain impressed me last night as well as did Quillan Roberts who seemed to calm things down at the back. All the goals were fairly impressive and a clean sheet is always nice. Krutzen's corners should create plenty of chances this season as well. Really looking forward to Sunday's match vs Cavalry so we can knock them off their perch. Fairly big game early in the season...if the weather co-operates we should see a much bigger crowd than yesterday which considering it was midweek on a cold and windy day was not bad at all.

Agreed Choiniere was definitely MotM, Frano and Awuah did really well as well. Welshman and Novak did really well to take on the defenders with their body for their goals. Great first win, this is what we expected from their lineup.