Forge FC Season Thread 2019

2 hours ago, Lofty said:

My concern it that this is a case of "guilt by accusation".

If he did it he should certainly be condemned but if this is just a twitter lynch mob then a lot of other people need to be held accountable.

Why is everything being kept secret? What have they got to hide?

SHOW ME!

Privacy issues. There was Canadian swim coach that was suspended a couple of years ago and they wouldn't release the details. Remember this is a sports discipline committee not a court of law.

10 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Whose privacy?

I can understand a guilty man wanting to keep the details under wraps but an innocent man would surely want everything public.

And you can't accuse somebody in secret. That's what they do in Russia.

I got suspended when I was coaching for something that somebody else said during a game and I really had no(real) recource. But that's the way these committees work. Technically I could appealled , but would have no chance.

Dear Co-Founder,

We've officially entered the final stretch of the CPL's Inaugural Season! While Coach Bobby and the team are focused on securing the top of the Fall Season table, our Forge FC business team is hard at work preparing for next season.

Today, we'd like to share with you an important update regarding Tim Hortons Field's seating configuration for 2020 Forge FC matches. 

From day one, our club's goal has been to build the best possible match day experience for our fans. Following both of our Concacaf League matches this summer, we received resoundingly positive feedback from Co-Founders, supporters, and our players & coaches regarding the East Side-only (Sections 112 to 118) lower bowl seating layout, along with Club Level and Suite Level. We've heard you loud and clear! Having all of our lower bowl ticket holders together on the East Side creates a loud & vibrant atmosphere, a more intimate viewing experience and enhances the home field advantage our fans create for our players. 

As a result, moving forward for the 2020 CPL season, all lower bowl seating will be on the East Side of Tim Hortons Field, in addition to Club Level and Suite Level on the West Side. 

Great news, as a West Side Co-Founder (Sections 103 to 107) you will be receiving a complimentary upgrade on the East Side/Club Level next season, depending on your current season seat location. Your Forge FC ticket representative will be reaching out to you in the coming days to discuss in further detail. West Side Co-Founders will have the opportunity to 'test drive' seat locations on the East Side or Club Level during our remaining 2019 home matches. 

If you plan on test driving seats on the East Side, be sure to explore the amenities and social spaces Tim Hortons Field has to offer, including the Coors Banquet Bar (behind Sec. 111), Craft Gardens (behind Sec. 118) and the FirstOntario Community Lounge (behind Sec. 119).

If this was the result of the survey and will help the team I guess it's the way we have to go.

Personally I find it strange to sit with an empty stadium on the other side.  Feels very artificial to me, much more natural to me to have fan noise coming from both sides, even if its not quite so loud and both sides have some empty spaces.  Also I couldn't care less what the crowd looks like on TV.  If I'm in the minority on this though time to move on.

I am stunned there are fans here crying about how much they really prefer one or the other side of a more than half empty stadium, after having gone to all of 11 games. And are now so set in their ways that they'd even reconsider next year? I'd hate to see your faces when a waiter puts the knife on the wrong side of the spoon.

Regardless of where people sit, the tv broadcasts have to be set up to accentuate proper vision of the pitch, first, and then a good sense of the atmosphere in the stadium, next. 

6 hours ago, gator said:

I have a few friends who much prefer the West Stand for daytime matches anyway to stay out of the direct sun, maybe the survey didn't take that into account?

Are you suggesting the survey should have taken into account the specific weather conditions as well as game times on specific dates in the summer of 2020?

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are you suggesting the survey should have taken into account the specific weather conditions as well as game times on specific dates in the summer of 2020?

No, If enough people did voice their opposition to moving I wonder if the club would consider that, I’m good in the Battalion section so it doesn’t matter to me! There have been a couple of real extreme weather days cold and hot where the West Stand would have been more comfortable!

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am stunned there are fans here crying about how much they really prefer one or the other side of a more than half empty stadium, after having gone to all of 11 games. And are now so set in their ways that they'd even reconsider next year? 

Well, there's probably a good chunk who are like me, and are or have been Ticats STH as well. So could be in year 6 of having their seats in the new stadium. Weather can play a big deal, whether you want to have the same view as the cameras do, etc. 

Unfortunately I didn't get to any of the CL matches to see what it was like with only one side open, but I also think I'd prefer less intense crowd all around instead of full or empty. But, no experience to base that on.

Edited by Tigers

20 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am stunned there are fans here crying about how much they really prefer one or the other side of a more than half empty stadium, after having gone to all of 11 games. And are now so set in their ways that they'd even reconsider next year? I'd hate to see your faces when a waiter puts the knife on the wrong side of the spoon.

Regardless of where people sit, the tv broadcasts have to be set up to accentuate proper vision of the pitch, first, and then a good sense of the atmosphere in the stadium, next. 

Not sure where this accusation of 'crying' comes from, looking back I see people voicing their preferences and concerns and nowhere do I see threats to reconsider.

Personally I said I could see casual fans around me reconsidering, if they were TiCats fans first and chose the west side out of long-term preference.

My own preference for the west side predates Forge FC and goes back to various ridiculously hit and humid TiCats afternoon games where my experiences on the west side were far more comfortable than my experiences on the east side.  That's why I chose my season seats where I chose them.  If you don't understand that a lot of Hamiltonians' experiences with THF predate Forge FC you don't know much about Hamilton.

I'll switch for next year, reluctantly, but since when is it crying for a paying fan to voice a legitimate opinion about a stadium issue?

47 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Not sure where this accusation of 'crying' comes from, looking back I see people voicing their preferences and concerns and nowhere do I see threats to reconsider.

Personally I said I could see casual fans around me reconsidering, if they were TiCats fans first and chose the west side out of long-term preference.

My own preference for the west side predates Forge FC and goes back to various ridiculously hit and humid TiCats afternoon games where my experiences on the west side were far more comfortable than my experiences on the east side.  That's why I chose my season seats where I chose them.  If you don't understand that a lot of Hamiltonians' experiences with THF predate Forge FC you don't know much about Hamilton.

I'll switch for next year, reluctantly, but since when is it crying for a paying fan to voice a legitimate opinion about a stadium issue?

I clearly overstated sorry. But I do think that there is a bit of splitting hairs, since I see a lot of fans of CPL are watching games in what are not entirely optimal conditions. And not complaining.

The only case I have seen so far of fans being so opinionated about where to sit is Hamilton, and in function of the wind from that angle or the sun over there, not even evaluating view of the pitch or supporter section experiences, which most would deem priority--so make your own conclusions.

I do want to respond to one of UT's previous comments about a waiter placing the knife on the wrong side of the spoon. I don't think Forge's seating plan for next year is quite that bad. That would make me question dining at the restaurant whereas I will continue to support Forge.

Seriously though, having been on the east side for a nation's league match, the one downside not yet mentioned of not being on the west is I felt somewhat cut off from the BSB supporters group. On the west, we had a great view of them and could hear them clearly. On the east side, not only couldn't we see them but we couldn't hear them as clearly either ( we were approximately at mid-field).

For the TiCats labour day game we were on the east but any hot, sunny summer days we always choose the west for CFL.

As for sightlines, they are the same. But, I like being close to the players bench to see more closely the interactions amongst players and to see the  coach's antics. Sure, all first world problems.

My last point: I do think Forge is handling this very well. Email to season seat holders. Allowing us to "test drive" alternate seats in the remaining matches this year. Upgrades to seats at no extra cost. They are doing a professional job of this.

Just wanted to shout out to the Forge organization and administration. Everytime I have contacted them with a question they respond almost immediately. I have also had to change seats or games a couple times this year and they have always accommodated no questions asked. Everything from the product on the field, to game day experience, behind the scenes, and the pregame $5 draught beers has been top notch.