Tactical Analysis: Forge FC vs York 9 FC

Rintaran

April 27th, 2019 was a day for all of us Canadian soccer fans to remember for a long, long time. Our wildest dreams came to fruition at Tim Hortons field, where Forge FC took on York 9 FC in the inaugural Canadian Premier League match. While the event was very much a celebration all-round, we all know that the Canadian Premier League has been split up into 2 seasons, and with this first Spring season lasting just 10 matches, this was a rather important match for both teams – not just a soccer celebration.

Read more on the NSXI Network

View full record

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't see why this can't be on the game thread, frankly. Are you going to post a separate thread for every one of the 98 games in the season just to promote your site? As if it were not the only media channel covering the event.

This is a thread auto generated by the system for articles that are posted. 

The thread goes into a forum that is dedicated to article comments and any site content. 

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry, did not differentiate between who was posting what article on the site or elsewhere.

We could turn it off.

However, some sites have no commenting ability and, rightfully, don't want to deal with the ensuing bullshit and spam.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

I have no criteria as to how this new site should work best, that is for you and the media channels to decide.

I'm just a forum buff as you know.

They should not be a significant % of the threads created and they are held in one forum. 

They will appear in Fluid View or Activity Stream though. 

If it gets to be a PITA we can change it. 

21 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't see why this can't be on the game thread, frankly. Are you going to post a separate thread for every one of the 98 games in the season just to promote your site? As if it were not the only media channel covering the event.

I was asked to start posting links to NSXI's articles in the article section. I find it pretty strange that there would also be forum thread automatically created for each article posted, but that's how it's currently setup. Generally, we don't do too many match reports on NSXI, as we prefer to focus on interviews & storylines, so I don't think there will be 98 of these tactical analysis... I do anticipate a large number of posts (there are almost 2-dozen contributors after all).

17 hours ago, admin said:

They should not be a significant % of the threads created and they are held in one forum. 

They will appear in Fluid View or Activity Stream though. 

If it gets to be a PITA we can change it. 

I like having it show up in the activity stream, but perhaps having it create a forum post directly is not ideal. Only a few sites are currently testing it out, and with a high-activity site like NSXI, this could quickly cause issues and potentially overpower the proper posts in the forum (not to mention hide articles coming in from elsewhere)...

Perhaps I should develop a "newletter" style of post, to highlight "all" of NSXI's headlines over the week? It could look decent, but then title of the post wouldn't be beneficial & the content wouldn't be timely.

Thoughts?

Edited by Rintaran
Minor additions.

1 minute ago, Rintaran said:

I was asked to start posting links to NSXI's articles in the article section. I find it pretty strange that there would also be forum thread automatically created for each article posted, but that's how it's currently setup. Generally, we don't do too many match reports on NSXI, as we prefer to focus on interviews & storylines, so I don't think there will be 98 of these tactical analysis... I do anticipate a large number of posts (there are almost 2-dozen contributors after all).

I like having it show up in the activity stream, but perhaps having it create a forum post directly is not ideal. Only a few sites are currently testing it out, and with a high-activity site like NSXI, this could quickly cause issues and potentially overpower the proper posts in the forum...

Perhaps I should develop a "newletter" style of post, to highlight "all" of NSXI's headlines over the week? It could look decent, but then title of the post wouldn't be beneficial.

Thoughts?

Let's leave it as it is for now.

It may be possible to remove a single forum from the Activity stream if it gets to be too much, but it would defeat the purpose of it. 

We can try different things. 

I am setting up a point system and raffle contest thing shortly.   People will get points for participation on the site and we will have weekly/monthly draws.    To encourage people to use the article stream I was thinking of awarding higher points for reading the articles and posting in the comments threads. 

The goal is to drive traffic, and it will increase over the next year. 

57 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

I like having it show up in the activity stream, but perhaps having it create a forum post directly is not ideal. Only a few sites are currently testing it out, and with a high-activity site like NSXI, this could quickly cause issues and potentially overpower the proper posts in the forum (not to mention hide articles coming in from elsewhere)...

Perhaps I should develop a "newletter" style of post, to highlight "all" of NSXI's headlines over the week? It could look decent, but then title of the post wouldn't be beneficial & the content wouldn't be timely.

Thoughts?

It was explained to me, I understand why it happens. I am fine if it is how the board will work. 

I just think, as a basic principle, that we should try to consolidate threads as much as possible.