Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Have you joined OneSoccer Yet?

Have you joined OneSoccer yet?  

77 members have voted

  1. 1. Have you joined OneSoccer yet?

    • Yes
      49
    • Of Course
      27


Recommended Posts

Signed up as soon as they sent me my season ticket code. 

Going to post the same breakdown as I did in the TV contract post.

Here is my CPL spend:

  • $199 for HFX Season Tickets (which includes a jersey)
  • $50 for streaming service (season ticket discount) allowing me to watch every single league game

I can also sell each ticket I don't use for $20, which I'll get back.

TOTAL: $249  - sold tickets

Alternatively, if I didn't buy the season tickets:

  • $119 for a jersey
  • $30 for each game I attend (likely 3)
  • $75 for streaming service

TOTAL: $284

I can't help but feel like the league has been providing value to supporters left, right, and centre. I'm incredibly impressed, as a HFX fan, of how supporting the team from away makes financial sense. I also think the streaming service is pretty damn affordable. If people don't want the extra content, you're probably looking at paying for what? 5 or 6 months, after factoring in the free month? That's $50 or $60 to watch every game for the entire first season of the league. Less than a buck a game. 

I'm in Newfoundland. There are whole heaps of value in OneSoccer, and CPL in general, at least in Halifax. I know some of the other clubs don't have as positive of a ticket structure. Leaving out the season ticket discount, OneSoccer seems like great value. You can subscribe for 24 hours and watch a game or two for less than the cost of a movie ticket. Month-to-month, the price is less than an hour at minimum wage. Even if you don't get the season ticket discount, the full year works out to like $7 per month. 

Support the game here, and the platforms that are building it up. Is there as much on OneSoccer as there is on DAZN? No, of course not. However they can't give it away, and they aren't trying to charge DAZN-type prices. 

So yes! I'm all signed up and encouraging others to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copes said:

Signed up as soon as they sent me my season ticket code. 

Going to post the same breakdown as I did in the TV contract post.

Here is my CPL spend:

  • $199 for HFX Season Tickets (which includes a jersey)
  • $50 for streaming service (season ticket discount) allowing me to watch every single league game

I can also sell each ticket I don't use for $20, which I'll get back.

TOTAL: $249  - sold tickets

Alternatively, if I didn't buy the season tickets:

  • $119 for a jersey
  • $30 for each game I attend (likely 3)
  • $75 for streaming service

TOTAL: $284

I can't help but feel like the league has been providing value to supporters left, right, and centre. I'm incredibly impressed, as a HFX fan, of how supporting the team from away makes financial sense. I also think the streaming service is pretty damn affordable. If people don't want the extra content, you're probably looking at paying for what? 5 or 6 months, after factoring in the free month? That's $50 or $60 to watch every game for the entire first season of the league. Less than a buck a game. 

I'm in Newfoundland. There are whole heaps of value in OneSoccer, and CPL in general, at least in Halifax. I know some of the other clubs don't have as positive of a ticket structure. Leaving out the season ticket discount, OneSoccer seems like great value. You can subscribe for 24 hours and watch a game or two for less than the cost of a movie ticket. Month-to-month, the price is less than an hour at minimum wage. Even if you don't get the season ticket discount, the full year works out to like $7 per month. 

Support the game here, and the platforms that are building it up. Is there as much on OneSoccer as there is on DAZN? No, of course not. However they can't give it away, and they aren't trying to charge DAZN-type prices. 

So yes! I'm all signed up and encouraging others to do so.

I would post mine, but my girlfriend might see it.

Then I would die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ams1984 said:

I signed up. Anyone know how I can make it play on my TV?

Yeah, that is the wall I just hit too. 

Shocked this doesn't support Chromecast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just got home to Winnipeg and signed up and I'm re-watching yesterday's game now.  There is no Apple TV app which is annoying.  Right now we are screen mirroring to the tv off an iPad, but the other option is to play through the website and plug your computer to the tv with an HDMI cable.  It is really surprising they didn't make this easier for people to get onto their TVs.  Hopefully that is coming ASAP

Edited by MrsC
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think so. 

I can't imagine not being able to stream to a TV with this. 

It will come eventually.... like perhaps at 6:52pm today before the second game starts..... 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

I signed up. Anyone know how I can make it play on my TV?

Least tech savvy person ever, but my Samsung TV allows me there to access the internet. Takes me a minute or two to get rolling but once you hit the full screen button it looks great. My Sony TV, bought the same day for much more, doesn't seem to let me do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just read on Google (haven’t tried it yet) that I can plug my phone charger (iPhone) into the TV using its USB end. Also, I saw someone complaining the lack of archived games on OneSoccer, looks like yesterday's Game is available ‘on demand’ on the app. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, red card said:

You can chromecast using Chrome browser. Menu on right hand side has Cast option for just the tab or desktop.

I'll try that.  Last time I tried streaming something via browser and Chromecast it was like watching Maxheadroom. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a comment: I think that your first free month is based on exact sign-up date. I say this as I signed up April 27 and got the message I would not be charged for the first month until May 28th. 

So you just may want to sign up relatively late, if you make a calculation on games an exact month from when you do, to nab them free. 

This might mean, for example, that if you sign up now, April 28th, you will get the Cavalry-HFX on May 26th in your first month, but the two matches on May 30, HFX-York9, Forge-Edmonton, will be in the next month, which is paid.

Most importantly, however, is that the season ends Oct 20, so that will be part of your last month if you sign up now. But if the final, with the Spring and Fall champs, is home and away, you will likely have to pay apart for at least the second leg of that: one whole month to get that one final match. If it is any comfort, match days 5 and 6 of the CONCACAF Nations League, with one home game likely, are in mid November.

The second leg of the Voyaguers Cup final is September 25, so that is included in that month's bracket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just a comment: I think that your first free month is based on exact sign-up date. I say this as I signed up April 27 and got the message I would not be charged for the first month until May 28th. 

So you just may want to sign up relatively late, if you make a calculation on games an exact month from when you do, to nab them free. 

This might mean, for example, that if you sign up now, April 28th, you will get the Cavalry-HFX on May 26th in your first month, but the two matches on May 30, HFX-York9, Forge-Edmonton, will be in the next month, which is paid.

Most importantly, however, is that the season ends Oct 20, so that will be part of your last month if you sign up now. But if the final, with the Spring and Fall champs, is home and away, you will likely have to pay apart for at least the second leg of that: one whole month to get that one final match. If it is any comfort, match days 5 and 6 of the CONCACAF Nations League, with one home game likely, are in mid November.

The second leg of the Voyaguers Cup final is September 25, so that is included in that month's bracket. 

Is there an option to not have the month free?  

I'd like to ensure they are around in a few years..... 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, admin said:

Is there an option to not have the month free? 

The full-year option doesn't seem to contain a free month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the Russians would say, it's all Chinese to me. I'm getting my 13-year old to show me if we can get it on our TV. He's a bright kid; he no longer believes I had to walk uphill to school and uphill again to get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up.  I grabbed the free month but will get the 1 year sub next.  

As for playing on the TV, I will probably have to AirPlay it to the Apple TV.  The problem is I have an old, ******, crash-prone iPad (it literally crashed as I tried posting this the first time...) so I will see if it can handle the load.  I could also AirPlay from my Mac, but the I would probably have to pry my kid off FL Studio (give DJ Radiocutter a listen, yo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I signed up for it, I'm having issues so far, it won't mirror from the app on my iPad and I can't access my account on Google Chrome yet there is no problem signing in with Safari on my Mac!

Edit: signed in and projecting to big screen with Apple Airplay in Chrome!

Edited by gator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Registration complete.  Perfect stream.

NOW YOU ARE PART OF CANADIAN SOCCER HISTORY.

OneSoccer is the only platform where you can witness the growth of Canadian soccer, anytime and anywhere.

  • All Canadian Premier League games
  • All Canadian Championship games
  • Women’s and men’s National Team home games
  • And the best content surrounding the Canadian Premier League and all Canadian soccer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...