Great seeing everyone yesterday

Admin

16 minutes ago, admin said:

So glad to have shared in that day with many of you wonderful soccer people from across this country. 

It's always great seeing you folks and hope to take in some CanPL games in your hometowns this summer as I drive back to Vancouver.

It is definitely the people that make all of this worthwhile. 

Safe driving!

Just want to echo Jamie's sentiments. It really is such an amazing experience seeing fans from across the country rally behind this project. And how cool it was to have fans from almost every province travel for the inaugural game. It was great catching up with people again. It really makes me wish we had a soccer equivalent of the Grey Cup, a celebration for fans of our sport that serves as an annual gathering for us all.

As those that follow me on twitter know, my plans to travel to the first 2 CPL games in 2 days fell through. My early morning flight out of Hamilton was cancelled. So I made my way to Toronto only for my flight from there to be cancelled as well, I didn't end up getting back to BC until Monday morning. Looking at the celebrations at Westhills, I really wish I could have been a part of that too.

Anyways, some thoughts on my first time inside Tim Horton's field:

-really was cool to see a stadium inside a residential neighborhood. It feel a lot more like a community gathering. You don't see that much in North America anymore. Reminded me a bit of when the Vancouver Canucks were at Pacific Coliseum.

-Forge billboards and bus shelters around the city were awesome. I loved the fact that they hung some scarves around the city the morning of the match.

-Matchday program. Did they have one? I didn't see one. Would have made a great souvenir.

-I have never seen worse concession staff in my life!!!!! First, they weren't ready for the stadium opening and taps weren't connected for the beer. Then the staff they had working there did not know how to pour a beer. All foam. Then he would dump it our and do it again. Then repeat. It was laughable. He must have wasted 5 beers when trying to pour me 1 pint. I saw one guy reach over the counter and pour his own beer. Then you had others just standing around.

-Couldn't really hear the PA system too well. Not sure if that was because of the wind or where we were sitting. So it was hard to follow the pregame ceremony, but also the substitutions. So I would look over at the big screen to see which players were coming into the game, but they didn't put up any graphics on the big screen for subs.

-props to the supporter groups. I hope things only continue to grow.

23 minutes ago, masster said:

-really was cool to see a stadium inside a residential neighborhood. It feel a lot more like a community gathering. You don't see that much in North America anymore. Reminded me a bit of when the Vancouver Canucks were at Pacific Coliseum.

Kind of like Swangard stadium in Burnaby.

12 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Yes it was great seeing and meeting new people (Jamie, Gator and Mrs.C). Maybe one day we should wear name tags😀.I probably passed by some people on here that I didn't even realize ( at the game and/or post game End Zone Pub)

Name tags would be great.  If you didn't approach me, I wouldn't have met you.  I was more easily identifiable being a woman, and wearing a Red River Rising scarf.

17 hours ago, MrsC said:

Name tags would be great.  If you didn't approach me, I wouldn't have met you.  I was more easily identifiable being a woman, and wearing a Red River Rising scarf.

And you have a picture of you as your avatar. I saw you too but didn't introduce myself. Only other person I saw there that I recognized was Duane. If everyone had their handle visible I'm sure I would have recognized some names.