OneSoccer

Foreen

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Damn I hope Bell gets on board.   That would make my life a lot easier.   

I wonder if the channel is an extension of the existing OneSoccer subscribtion or will it be a separate thing through cable providers?

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Looks like they will be using their existing Onesoccer content as the basis for a GolTV Canada style speciality cable channel

Well if you have  OneSoccer , their is a 24 hour channel feed that has a schedule, wonder if that is what they will use?

18 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Well if you have  OneSoccer , their is a 24 hour channel feed that has a schedule, wonder if that is what they will use?

That’s what I’m pretty sure they will use.

OneSoccer is picking up some good content for Canadian soccer fans.

If they get the MLS rights in Canada it will be really interesting.

Does anybody here have FuboTV? I saw if you subscribe to it you get OneSoccer as well. Is it the exact same service? 

Thinking of canceling Onesoccer and getting FutboTV

(I saw it's been mentioned but nobody really said how the service was)

Edited by Chad_Impact

44 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Does anybody here have FuboTV? I saw if you subscribe to it you get OneSoccer as well. Is it the exact same service? 

I think it's only the 24 hour channel

On 9/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, Chad_Impact said:

I subscribed to Fubo for Serie A. Narduch is correct, you only have access to the 24 hour channel.

23 hours ago, Metro said:

But you can record matches to watch later in the app or on the website.

I assume you are talking about the Fubo app/website?

That's cool. There is still the chance that there will be games you don't have access to that a OneSoccer subscriber does have access to, if it is played at the same time as another game. It does come up sometimes, but of course they put the bigger matches on their 24 hour channel. I forget which game it was now, maybe a CONCACAF League game for Forge that I missed the first few minutes because I was waiting for it on the 24 hour channel, but it wasn't shown because an hour later there was a CPL game that was getting the 24 hour channel spot, so I had to go to the CONCACAF League game separately.

I'm not saying that is a deal breaker necessarily, just something people should be aware of when weighing the pros and cons of each service.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching last nights match on SN 360 and it was fine. Apparently the OS app wasn’t working for some people though? So much so that they had to put it on YouTube for free? 

Haven’t really seen an update on twitter from OS other than apologizing. Not a good look during a massive game to have streaming issues.

Was watching Canada on OneSoccer on TV through Telus and had the Honduras v Costa Rica game on the laptop streaming fine. When that game ended, I tried to switch to El Salvador v Panama, but I couldn't get it to load.

Convinced a buddy to sign up for OneSoccer to watch the match, and he had problems as well. I'm glad they got it up on Youtube quickly.

Also saw some people complaining Sportsnet app wasn't working either for the Canada match.

I think it impacted people who signed in late. I signed in at 1930 for OS Today, switched to tv at 2100 but left OS streaming on my computer. It was still working when I checked at half time.

About 4.5k watched the OS youtube stream of the match.

I've been using onesoccer pretty much since it launched and yesterday was the first time it didn't work for me on my phone or computer. Couldn't log in, it kept saying ïncorrest password", even though my browser and phone have it saved, and I even reset it twice. I assume it had something to do with more traffic than their servers could handle, which is complete garbage. Ended up watching a bootleg stream in spanish for the first half (just like the bad old days!) before I found out about the free youtube stream. Unsurprisingly, the "Contact" page in their Help section wasn't working either so they also made it hard for people to complain.

I put the game on my TV on OneSoccer, and like 2 minutes in I remembered that it was also available on Sportsnet 360. The quality of the video isn't great on my TV's browser, so I went to switch to Sportsnet (otherwise I wasn't having any problems with OneSoccer at that point). For some reason (obviously not OneSoccer's fault) the app I use for watching TV wasn't starting up, so I started freaking out and grabbed my laptop to fire up OneSoccer while I waited. I couldn't get it going on my laptop either. I ended up missing 2 or 3 minutes of the game before I got it on Sportsnet, then I quit trying with OneSoccer.