OneSoccer

Foreen

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

Concacaf League coming to onesoccer.

TSN shows how little interest they have in soccer...

Concacaf League comes with the CCL rights package. That's how TSN had it last year.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I think in the end TSN will re up with MLS.

One Soccer may take a shot at what DAZN gets

If so, they've have to be able to handle multiple streams simultaneously.

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

buy a PVR that can record OTA.

Most can do that already.

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

Obviously it's seems stupid for OneSoccer to have Basketball but if OneMedia is really producing and have any pull I wouldn't be against it being on there...

Onesoccer is only part of what Mediapro Canada does so I don't think we'll see basketball on Onesoccer. CEBL has no overlap with CSB in ownership terms and would probably want to do their own thing.

Did anyone catch the Olympic Basketball Qualifiers last night on CBC? 

DAZN owns the broadcast rights to Canada national men's basketball and FIBA tournaments. CBC hosted the DAZN feed for the game, but CBC was able to have their own in-house panel with Jevohn Shepherd, Dan Shulman, etc. I wonder if there's a possibility that CBC will want to do similar with future OneSoccer broadcasts, being able to tailor the broadcast to their own personalities. 

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Did anyone catch the Olympic Basketball Qualifiers last night on CBC? 

DAZN owns the broadcast rights to Canada national men's basketball and FIBA tournaments. CBC hosted the DAZN feed for the game, but CBC was able to have their own in-house panel with Jevohn Shepherd, Dan Shulman, etc. I wonder if there's a possibility that CBC will want to do similar with future OneSoccer broadcasts, being able to tailor the broadcast to their own personalities. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how they always did CPL matches? Every time I turned into CBC Sports/CBC Gem, they'd show the One Soccer video feed for the match and include the One Soccer audio commentary but they never showed the One Soccer studio analysis - it was always an in-house CBC thing. 

5 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how they always did CPL matches? Every time I turned into CBC Sports/CBC Gem, they'd show the One Soccer video feed for the match and include the One Soccer audio commentary but they never showed the One Soccer studio analysis - it was always an in-house CBC thing. 

They had their own crew. Nigel Reed on the call. And their own studio show.

28 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Ahh I was always either at the match, or watching on OneSoccer when CBC had a broadcast. Interesting to know!

58 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't mind the one man booth but even a 15 minute pre and post game would be appreciated 

Think they did the same last year didn't they? They did in year one too. 

I like Jenkins. Hilariously I didn't even notice until reading this. Long day! Agree on some basic studio work though. Not hard to tape something.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

I like Jenkins. Hilariously I didn't even notice until reading this. Long day! Agree on some basic studio work though. Not hard to tape something.

I'm getting tired of those Season 1 promos.

1 minute ago, m-g-williams said:

Finally sitting down now to watch the Valour-Wanderers match from last night, and I'm noticing that the digitially projected ads are gone. Did they ditch these for the Cavalry-Atletico match too? 

No, they were there in full annoying effect.

19 hours ago, toontownman said:

Sure, it's not hard to tape something. But to get several people to come in, do hair and makeup if necessary, camera work, who knows what else, including on the Canada day holiday since there are 2 games then that presumably would need the same treatment, is more than nothing. Maybe they do the slimmed down version for midweek games, and the full production for weekend games.

So today was the first time I watched OneSoccer muted, but it wasn't Wheeler's fault. I was casting from my iPhone to my Chromecast, and the sound was about 5 seconds ahead of the video, causing constant spoilers. The audio tells me the attack has been stopped, just as the attack is getting started at midfield. Just watching the game constantly knowing that no goals are scored in the next five seconds. Thinking "this play will end up in a free kick the other way". I had to mute it to avoid spoilers.

I watched a lot of that York/Pacific game.   And man, IMO, the visual production (with the ads) really sucks.

I get you have to have the ads for revenue.  However, the TV directors insistence that the majority of the game's main camera shots include the full upper portion on the CGI ads (which don't actually have anything on it related to the sponsor of that "space")  is incredibly stupid.  Hell, most of the time he even left some space above that!   

Why?  Why would you do that.

The action is harder to see that way.

And it leaves the viewer is left watching a picture that is 10-20% "smaller" than it should be.  It's even worse in trying to watch action happening in the 18-yard box, as they also pull the camera view out even further to show more ads in the "end zone".

I'm spoiled by watching almost any big or even mid-sized league in the world, and yet somehow they manage to have a much higher basic level of TV production.  OneSoccer has a community access TV type vibe to it.  

Surely, someone else has noticed that this is an issue, no?

20 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

I watched a lot of that York/Pacific game.   And man, IMO, the visual production (with the ads) really sucks.

I get you have to have the ads for revenue.  However, the TV directors insistence that the majority of the game's main camera shots include the full upper portion on the CGI ads (which don't actually have anything on it related to the sponsor of that "space")  is incredibly stupid.  Hell, most of the time he even left some space above that!   

Why?  Why would you do that.

The action is harder to see that way.

And it leaves the viewer is left watching a picture that is 10-20% "smaller" than it should be.  It's even worse in trying to watch action happening in the 18-yard box, as they also pull the camera view out even further to show more ads in the "end zone".

I'm spoiled by watching almost any big or even mid-sized league in the world, and yet somehow they manage to have a much higher basic level of TV production.  OneSoccer has a community access TV type vibe to it.  

Surely, someone else has noticed that this is an issue, no?

I'm convinced they do use that the camera is zoomed out to that level to ensure the ads are always shown. It's terrible

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm convinced they do use that the camera is zoomed out to that level to ensure the ads are always shown. It's terrible

Answering my own question. Looks like for matches in 2019 they did indeed zoom in.

11 hours ago, Kent said:

So today was the first time I watched OneSoccer muted, but it wasn't Wheeler's fault. I was casting from my iPhone to my Chromecast, and the sound was about 5 seconds ahead of the video, causing constant spoilers. The audio tells me the attack has been stopped, just as the attack is getting started at midfield. Just watching the game constantly knowing that no goals are scored in the next five seconds. Thinking "this play will end up in a free kick the other way". I had to mute it to avoid spoilers.

Gosh I get this with Eurocup here in Barcelona, so irritating. I think the bars who get the games might have a slightly earlier feed than us at home, not sure. In any case, I'm watching Spain put in a long centre in an attack and cheering bursts out from the bars in my neighbourhood. Then they score. 

Thing is, it is hard to mute my neighbourhood.

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was thinking the same. That is terrible pandering on their part, what are they thinking?

Check it the Youtube clip posted above from 2019. It appears this is exactly what they are going.