OneSoccer

Foreen

4 hours ago, ray said:

Trying to watch the Edmonton/Ottawa match.  Feed keeps stopping every few minutes.  Error message sometimes displayed: "This video file cannot be played. (Error Code: 232001)".  I have to reload the page to get the stream working again.  Very annoying!

This was happening occasionally when watching the WCQ but now much more frequent.

What device were you watching on? My feed was rock solid on the Roku.

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I did not realize the CPL had scheduled games head to head with the Euros. No wonder CBC didn't pick any of these early games up. Casual fans aren't choosing the CPL over the Euros. Baffling.

Unlike last August/Sept, CBC is packed with content this summer. They're have been showing Olympic trials or pre-events and then the Olympics/Para Olympics in late July to August. And CEBL was booked before CPL outlined their schedule.

I don't think they pay too much attention to other sports programming as their ratings are weak (<100k) for whatever sport they show ex NHL/Olympics/Stampede. They're showing Canada's men basketball qualifying opposite NBA playoffs next week. Their focus is on getting low priced rights to Olympic sports and/or Canadian-centric events/leagues.

And only 1 CPL match half is directly against the Euros this weekend. Less in the next 2 weekends.

Edited by red card

There is so much soccer right now that I'm finding it hard to get into CanPL to the extent I did in 2019. The main camera angle Onesoccer are using makes it feel like we have stepped back in time to something like the 1974 World Cup with everything revolving around a single camera swaying back and forth between the two halves at a relatively wide angle most of the time. Suspect Onesoccer may have downsized a bit on the size of their outdoor broadcast crew. Having watched the A League grandfinal from Australia this weekend the standard of CanPL looks alarmingly low in comparison. Hopefully it's a case of the teams basically still being in preseason form and it will pick up considerably from here.

Wasn't a fan of the cheap 90s looking logo on replays. Might be right on the downsizing. The replays certainly were limited, the behind the goal camera was shown once and looked out of whack color wise. Maybe they had some issues.

Seeing as there are no fans maybe they should put up something to help shade the top of the pitch. It was unwatchable with the sun on the pitch at times. 

Gets tin hat on but not really a fan of any of the commentators other than Adam. One pairing was certainly light years ahead of the other though. 

Still easy to nitpick. In general it was good.

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Gets tin hat on but not really a fan of any of the commentators other than Adam. One pairing was certainly light years ahead of the other though. 

The studio team is better than the match calling teams. I realize those are different things but that's my opinion of it.

The studio stuff and video packages are as good as anything else out there imo. Maybe a bit rose tinted specs but I think they studio guys and gals both gel right but offer really decent takes. At least as unbiased as a broadcaster attached to the league can be. In that respect I enjoy their panels more than any others.

Also apparently an announcement at half time today:

https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/status/1409165226717724678?s=20

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Wasn't a fan of the cheap 90s looking logo on replays. Might be right on the downsizing. The replays certainly were limited, the behind the goal camera was shown once and looked out of whack color wise. Maybe they had some issues.

Seeing as there are no fans maybe they should put up something to help shade the top of the pitch. It was unwatchable with the sun on the pitch at times. 

They have Alf De Blasis on the Forge v Valour match call. 

He is awesome get for One Soccer. 

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

There is so much soccer right now that I'm finding it hard to get into CanPL to the extent I did in 2019. The main camera angle Onesoccer are using makes it feel like we have stepped back in time to something like the 1974 World Cup with everything revolving around a single camera swaying back and forth between the two halves at a relatively wide angle most of the time. Suspect Onesoccer may have downsized a bit on the size of their outdoor broadcast crew. Having watched the A League grandfinal from Australia this weekend the standard of CanPL looks alarmingly low in comparison. Hopefully it's a case of the teams basically still being in preseason form and it will pick up considerably from here.

I think it's safe to say that the downsizing argument doesn't hold much water. Looks more like Media Pro is just reallocating existing resources/equipment:

I do agree on the centre camera taking too wide of a shot for most of the matches so far. I also wish they'd make greater use of the different pitchside cameras they have during the run of play, rather than just to show different angles for replays of goals/shots. 

Edited by m-g-williams

49 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Obviously it's seems stupid for OneSoccer to have Basketball but if OneMedia is really producing and have any pull I wouldn't be against it being on there. Likewise any other sports content they have. It will pull more eyes on the CPL imo and vice versa. Slow build to being like DAZN. 

Non-starter as it would require them to spend more than a packet of chips and a can of Beaver Buzz on upgrading their hosting platform and server. 

5 hours ago, narduch said:

They have Alf De Blasis on the Forge v Valour match call. 

He is awesome get for One Soccer. 

Alf De Blasis why isn’t this guy involved more with our soccer coverage in any of our channels, TSN or One Soccer , one of the more knowledgeable Canadians when it comes to Canadian and North American soccer in general . The guy has been involved with soccer in this country forever here in Canada .

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Alf De Blasis why isn’t this guy involved more with our soccer coverage in any of our channels, TSN or One Soccer , one of the more knowledgeable Canadians when it comes to Canadian and North American soccer in general . The guy has been involved with soccer in this country forever here in Canada .

Agreed.

He did a good job with the play by play. Although you could tell he wasn't very familiar with all the players.

Was good to hear his voice. 

5 hours ago, Atlantic said:

The virtual stadium was fine last year since they were just playing in an open field but such a dumb idea to have this year in an actual stadium. Just have advertisements on the sideline and on tarps in the stands. It was distracting yesterday and even worse today. 

The ads are changed depending on the home team. So tarps won't work. But technology needs work.