OneSoccer

Foreen

I just noticed, none of the three commentators are wearing socks!

Wheeler, Kloke or Larson. It's jarring, come on onesoccer! Pay for a few pairs of Canadian socks!

Actually for Larson....

put-a-sock-in-it.jpg

Edited by fil

It's a running gag.  They're having a bit of fun.  It's kinda funny.

Not unlike a little Valour drinking game where you pitch one every time Larson smiles and looks directly at the camera after saying his bit before giving the floor to one of his co-hosts

Kinda funny.  Take small sipps.  You're going to want to pace yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So CBC was the top bidder, I think everyone just assumed they were the only bidder.

no he meant for CPL inaugural season if you read the thread.

Someone said that Sportsnet and TSN passed and Beirne said "no"... there were more aggresive bidders...meaning MediaPro.

So I'm assuming TSN and Sportsnet were willing to broadcast but pale in comparison to the money and production value MediaPro brought to the table.

Also, that would explain the salty attitude from TSN and Sportsnet at not even showing CPL results or highlights... kind of childish just thinking that TSN will most likely bury the CONCACAF League game unless there's enough noise to make them show it on live TV.

47 minutes ago, Ansem said:

no he meant for CPL inaugural season if you read the thread.

Someone said that Sportsnet and TSN passed and Beirne said "no"... there were more aggresive bidders...meaning MediaPro.

So I'm assuming TSN and Sportsnet were willing to broadcast but pale in comparison to the money and production value MediaPro brought to the table.

Also, that would explain the salty attitude from TSN and Sportsnet at not even showing CPL results or highlights... kind of childish just thinking that TSN will most likely bury the CONCACAF League game unless there's enough noise to make them show it on live TV.

Begs the question than, if TSN and Sportsnet originally bid on the broadcast rights why hasn’t MediaPRO resold them a package similar to the one CBC has bought?

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

TSN have been the bad offenders here, Sportsnet has stories on europe, EPL, CPL, MLS etc.  No sign, no mention of CPL on TSN soccer page.  

10 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Begs the question than, if TSN and Sportsnet originally bid on the broadcast rights why hasn’t MediaPRO resold them a package similar to the one CBC has bought?

I think it has to do with not wanting to broadcast their feed (pregame/halftime/after game) - I could be totally wrong but I think I saw that somewhere

Those who watch via CBC could tell me if it's 100% Onesoccer or CBC have their own people at some point in the program.

I could see why Onesoccer would be inflexible on that, it's effectively promoting themselves using the other channels.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

I think it has to do with not wanting to broadcast their feed (pregame/halftime/after game) - I could be totally wrong but I think I saw that somewhere

Those who watch via CBC could tell me if it's 100% Onesoccer or CBC have their own people at some point in the program.

I could see why Onesoccer would be inflexible on that, it's effectively promoting themselves using the other channels.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong 

I doubt it’s TSN not wanting to use a 1S broadcast, they don’t produce everything they show and pick up feeds from other broadcasters all the time.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:54 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

TSN is Canadian rights holder for the UEFA Nations League and they're not broadcasting any games this weekend.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:34 PM, red card said:

TSN has put previous Nations League matches as a stream since it is basically transmitting the world feed or ESPN.

I think you are both incorrect here. TSN showed very little of the previous Nations league. Only the semi-finals and final if I remember correctly. There were lots of complaints that they couldn't be watched in Canada.

The September matches, at least, were available in Canada directly on Uefa's website - which surely wouldn't have been done if anyone had purchased the rights.

I think you might have been thinking about the Euro qualifiers - which TSN does indeed stream. Which is odd, given how much of an inferior tournament compared to the nations's league, with few big matches in the qualifiers. How many minnows does one want to watch England, Germany, Italy, and Spain beat?

Would be great to see OneSoccer pick it up - but at least it's free for now.

Edited by nfitz

TSN is an absolute disgrace.  Just like last year, there is ZERO mention of the CPL's existence on their soccer page in the hours after the final but plenty of stories on the NWSL and out of market MLS teams that nobody in Canada cares about.

Credit to Peter Galindo and Sportsnet for doing the right thing.  They're not just covering it, they have it as their top story on the soccer page right now.  Do Peter a favour and give him the page views, and share links with friends, retweet his CPL posts etc.

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

5 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

TSN is an absolute disgrace.  Just like last year, there is ZERO mention of the CPL's existence on their soccer page in the hours after the final but plenty of stories on the NWSL and out of market MLS teams that nobody in Canada cares about.

TNS is a disgrace ... does that make OneSoccer a disgrace, for turning down UEFA Nations League rights ... and trebling subsciption costs? I've heard TSN mention CPL during broadcasts. I seldom look at their website, but there's coverage of the CPL final already - https://www.tsn.ca/forge-fc-downs-hfx-wanderers-in-canadian-premier-league-championship-game-1.1526938

14 minutes ago, nfitz said:

TNS is a disgrace ... does that make OneSoccer a disgrace, for turning down UEFA Nations League rights ... and trebling subsciption costs? I've heard TSN mention CPL during broadcasts. I seldom look at their website, but there's coverage of the CPL final already - https://www.tsn.ca/forge-fc-downs-hfx-wanderers-in-canadian-premier-league-championship-game-1.1526938

You must have googled that wire story because it's nowhere to be found on their soccer page or their main page

image.thumb.png.5ad730e884b71ecb45bab15f52d9ae5b.png

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

You must have googled that wire story because it's nowhere to be found on their soccer page or their main page

image.thumb.png.5ad730e884b71ecb45bab15f52d9ae5b.png

Same. I actually came on here to complain about not finding the story on their main page or their soccer page. Sportsnet has it on their home page.