Jump to content

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

A Mediapro/CBC relationship to create a Canadian Sports Channel/Media platform would be great.

Lost in everything was plans for an expanded CPL CBC relationship. I'm eager to see if that comes about with restart tourney 

It would be pretty straightforward to rebrand OneSoccer as OneSports. Also, if that relationship (OS/CBC) is there, it could pay dividends for us in the long haul. Imagine if the tourney goes well, then next year all CPL games are on Gem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, why are you posting these articles about the CPL (as in Caribbean Premier League - cricket)?  

I know everyone is kind of ticked off by the new Subcription fee for The Island Games. But you've gotta love what OneSoccer is doing here. The investment is real and meaningful. DAZN is a better value

My take on it (FWIW) is this: For years, we have wanted a decent quality, reliable stream to view Canadian games.  Yes, that was in the context of CMNT games, but now that we have our own league,

Posted Images

10 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I love this news.. I'm not just a footie fan so I'm very excited to see the CEBL come to life. Mediapro seems to feel the Canadian market is an opportunity not only when it comes to soccer. I think a Canadian baseball league would be great as well. A Mediapro/CBC relationship to create a Canadian Sports Channel/Media platform would be great.

Lost in everything was plans for an expanded CPL CBC relationship. I'm eager to see if that comes about with restart tourney 

I assumed this was more of a one off, as Mediapro would have the personnel/equipment available with no CPL games to broadcast.

Given how poorly the last Canadian baseball league went, I can't imagine there's anyone looking to invest in that again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Baseball_League

Bonus: I'd completely forgotten that Whitecaps owner Jeff Mallet had invested in that league.  No wonder people didn't get paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I didn't think they were promoted?

It's very complicated. Let's just say they still have a reasonable shot at promotion. Regardless, I read that Mediapro has rights to both the Pro League and Proximus League, so we might be able to watch Tristan Borges regardless.

I just want to watch Belgian football in Canada period 😍😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dnina10 said:
1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I didn't think they were promoted?

 Regardless, I read that Mediapro has rights to both the Pro League and Proximus League

Basically, this. That's why I mentioned Borges.  I wouldn't mind being able to see his progress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dnina10 said:

Mediapro has picked up the rights to the Jupiler Pro League and Proximus League in Belgium. Maybe that could be added to OneSoccer?🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

I'm just curious where you're seeing that they picked up the rights, because I keep finding that something called Eleven Sports has the rights and has entered in to an agreement with Media Pro to produce the games.  Doesn't mean OneSoccer might not have a good "in" to get the rights, just that it's not necessarily quite as direct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I'm just curious where you're seeing that they picked up the rights, because I keep finding that something called Eleven Sports has the rights and has entered in to an agreement with Media Pro to produce the games.  Doesn't mean OneSoccer might not have a good "in" to get the rights, just that it's not necessarily quite as direct.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Eleven Sports has the rights, but Mediapro made the agreement. What is also true is that Mediapro are aiming to provide coverage to Belgian football in other markets. That's why I mentioned OneSoccer

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, dnina10 said:

Mediapro has picked up the rights to the Jupiler Pro League and Proximus League in Belgium. Maybe that could be added to OneSoccer?🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

I think the Juliper Pro League is going to be our new conduit to Europe after David’s transfer goes through.

I expect that a couple Canadians per year to flow though there as our program grows and we develop more and more talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

People are already complaining on twitter about WCQ being on OneSoccer.  If Canada makes the Octagon and gets close to the World Cup this could be the springboard for Onesoccer to actually get some decent subscriber numbers.  It may even force TSN to awkwardly acknowledge the CPL and Onesoccer's mere existence

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

People are already complaining on twitter about WCQ being on OneSoccer.  If Canada makes the Octagon and gets close to the World Cup this could be the springboard for Onesoccer to actually get some decent subscriber numbers.  It may even force TSN to awkwardly acknowledge the CPL and Onesoccer's mere existence

What were the subscriber numbers last season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

What were the subscriber numbers last season?

 

2 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

No idea but Duane Rollins said he heard some of the viewership numbers for CPL games were "disturbing".  

Wasn't one of the rumours for some games "sub 100"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

People are already complaining on twitter about WCQ being on OneSoccer.  If Canada makes the Octagon and gets close to the World Cup this could be the springboard for Onesoccer to actually get some decent subscriber numbers.  It may even force TSN to awkwardly acknowledge the CPL and Onesoccer's mere existence

Doesn't TSN still hold the rights for Canadian World Cup qualifying events?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

 

Wasn't one of the rumours for some games "sub 100"?

That would not surprise me at all.  When Gol TV Canada was telecasting some TFC matches a decade or so ago, they were drawing three figures at times according to a reliable source.  No numbers were released for Gol TV viewership of TFC games as far as I know.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Some of the attendance at CPL games was disturbing.  So Duanes insights there arent much of a surprise.  

https://exposingbf.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/irony-meter.jpg

...but you still felt the need to attempt to boorishly shout down any attempt to discuss that intelligently on here last season and the moderators allowed and in one case even actively egged on people to be personally absusive about it and use the c-word and various other vile insults.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

https://exposingbf.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/irony-meter.jpg

...but you still felt the need to attempt to boorishly shout down any attempt to discuss that intelligently on here last season and the moderators allowed and in one case even actively egged on people to be personally absusive about it and use the c-word and various other vile insults.

Jesus you are a victim.  Let it go.   The criticism directed at you was in the context of a never-ending and unbalanced barrage of negativity and skepticism.   Anyone can offer a critical point of view but when it is a constant stream of negativity the response to your posts was entirely understandable.  Of course, I am sure I am just one of the many bullies who unjustly target you or some such bullshit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Blizzard said:

That would not surprise me at all.  When Gol TV Canada was telecasting some TFC matches a decade or so ago, they were drawing three figures at times according to a reliable source.  No numbers were released for Gol TV viewership of TFC games as far as I know.

 

Good old Gol TV.  Always enjoyed those awkward daily training ground shows where the hosts were scraping for anything to talk about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Jesus you are a victim.  Let it go.   The criticism directed at you was in the context of a never-ending and unbalanced barrage of negativity and skepticism.   Anyone can offer a critical point of view but when it is a constant stream of negativity the response to your posts was entirely understandable.  Of course, I am sure I am just one of the many bullies who unjustly target you or some such ********.  

That's easy for you say "let it go" when he's right.

Of course, by social media traffic and looking at what happens elsewhere, I am sure we had games with 85 people watching last year. And I doubt we ever had more than 500.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That's easy for you say "let it go" when he's right.

Of course, by social media traffic and looking at what happens elsewhere, I am sure we had games with 85 people watching last year. And I doubt we ever had more than 500.

No one ever claimed he was wrong in everything he wrote.  My point is that much of the criticism at the time was justified based on the tone and constant negativity he brought to the forum.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...