OneSoccer

Foreen

• 1 month later...

Well my One Soccer subscription expired (April 27th?).  I can't see any highlights nor game replays etc.  

That year I paid $49.99 which was a 1/3 discount because I was a SSH.  

This year from what I read months ago, I was going to get One Soccer for 'free' because I am a SSH.  My club hasn't reversed their debiting my credit card from back in November.  

Subscribing sign up now treats me as a new subscriber but there's no way I'm going to pay (nothing content wise has been updated on their site since February).  

Will things be automatically updated when the crisis is over or have any of you phoned or e-mailed their help desk?  

1 hour ago, Rocket Robin said:

Well my One Soccer subscription expired (April 27th?).  I can't see any highlights nor game replays etc.  

That year I paid $49.99 which was a 1/3 discount because I was a SSH.  

This year from what I read months ago, I was going to get One Soccer for 'free' because I am a SSH.  My club hasn't reversed their debiting my credit card from back in November.  

Subscribing sign up now treats me as a new subscriber but there's no way I'm going to pay (nothing content wise has been updated on their site since February).  

Will things be automatically updated when the crisis is over or have any of you phoned or e-mailed their help desk?  

Hey Rocket, Y9 sent out 1S codes on March 6 to all season ticket holders.  Check your junk mail.

2 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

Hey Rocket, Y9 sent out 1S codes on March 6 to all season ticket holders.  Check your junk mail.

Thanks.  Found it in a notebook.  

Now just waiting for some new content.  I'm surprised they haven't dropped all their One Soccer Hangout shows on here.

I’m kinda in the same boat don’t think I missed a email from FC Edmonton about a OneSoccer renewal and I don’t want to pay full price, but can’t login to OneSoccer without paying. Did anyone get emails from FC Edmonton about this year’s OneSoccer subscription?

I didn’t get a year subscription last year, mainly because they called it “season” and didn’t clarify anywhere if that was in fact a year. Cancelled it for a couple months in the off season and then got the year subscription earlier this year, I think for women’s Olympic qualifying.

They have been making lots of good content recently, but it is only on youtube. Like Robin I find it odd they don’t at least post their YouTube stuff. Also not much available for replays. I looked for Nations league games the other day and they didn’t have them available.

I feel bad not supporting. Like Kent I just did month to month until November last year. Unlike the aforementioned honourable gent, I didn't come back though. i was planning on renewing and getting a years subscription for the womens but they aired highlights for free the next day and I was busy with work so decided to put it off until the mens Olympic qualifiers. Then wham. Like Blackdude, for me its hard to justify another expense right now, especially when there is no new content.

I'd cancel Dazn if I didn't pay the year. Next to nothing there which is disappointing. I hope they extend/honor subscriptions until the end of the season. The smart thing for both would be to stack some old content on there and drop the price to entice new subscribers but I understand them not wanting to lose more money than necessary.

Also surprised the OneSoccer content isn't on the subscription site. They have done some really excellent stuff as mentioned and weird its going to non-subscribers for free and subscribers aren't getting rewarded. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

That article seems to say he is no longer with Media Pro, and they paid a fine before they were involved with the CPL. So this probably doesn’t damage them any more than it already did before they hooked up with CPL. Thanks for sharing though.

re Mediapro, you could also be posting constant news stories how they are winning civil suits against rivals, so it goes both ways. They've clearly lost money these last months, but now that tv is back up, they are picking up, and in a period when normally they might not be active (don't know who had Eurocup rights). La Liga broadcasts are very heavy in car ads and other major products these days.

I'm involved in a project that I heard Roures was interested in sponsoring, but the problem is that he is very capricious, so you are usually better off getting in with Mediapro along with other sponsors, widen the network and dilute the influence of one sole backer. Which is a general principal anyways in sports sponsorship, a club has a shirt sponsor, stadium rights, other sponsors for other aspects, and most try to use any major sponsor to leverage other smaller ones, thus protecting the investment from a sudden unforseeable pull-out from the largest one.

I have been posting a very wide range of tweets to news stories with a CanPL angle to them and have not been selecting them to fit a particular slant. I hope we don't start getting the sort of hysterics there were in the attendance thread when some people became personally abusive when I highlighted disappointingly low crowds that were happening in some cities but conveniently ignored that I was also regularly waxing lyrical about what was happening in the other direction in Halifax. If you are seeing stories about Mediapro that are of interest then why not post them yourself?

Where the recent Mediapro info is concerned it is noteworthy that in the youtube video posted above that I suspect many will have skipped watching because it is in French, it is specifically mentioned that one of the reasons Mediapro underperformed financially in 2019 was because of foreign investments made in Canada and Chile. There's a reason this info highlighted by a Ligue 1 fan rated a mention in CanPL themed podcasts.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

26 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I have been posting a very wide range of tweets to news stories with a CanPL angle to them and have not been selecting them to fit a particular slant. I hope we don't start getting the sort of hysterics there were in the attendance thread when some people became personally abusive when I highlighted disappointingly low crowds that were happening in some cities but conveniently ignored that I was also regularly waxing lyrical about what was happening in the other direction in Halifax. If you are seeing stories about Mediapro that are of interest then why not post them yourself?

Where the recent Mediapro info is concerned it is noteworthy that in the youtube video posted above that I suspect many will have skipped watching because it is in French, it is specifically mentioned that one of the reasons Mediapro underperformed financially in 2019 was because of foreign investments made in Canada and Chile. There's a reason this info highlighted by a Ligue 1 fan rated a mention in CanPL themed podcasts.

I don't mind people digging up dirt on Mediapro, but a story like that one about a Moody's rating: it has been demonstrated that Moody's, S&Ps, other rating agencies, deliberately inflated American financial institutions' ratings just before Lehman Bros and the rest of the mess in 2008. They are not objective ratings, they overrate certain enterprises, especially blue-chip American mutlinationals, and are harder, much harder, on foreign governments, regions, cities, and enterprises based outside the US. That is a fact. So if you think Moody's downgrading the parent company of Mediapro is transcendent, great. But why not ask why there are literally hundreds of US companies at the brink of bankruptcy that have a higher rating, and that has been a practice for at least 20 years (answer could be they are being strategically propped up, like Boeing, already in the doldrums for their 737 MAX defects)

Related to my above statement about the financial crisis, this is what Wiki reads: "According to the Financial Crisis Inquiry Report, 73% of the mortgage-backed securities Moody's had rated triple-A in 2006 were downgraded to junk by 2010.[47] In its "Conclusions on Chapter 8", the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission stated: "There was a clear failure of corporate governance at Moody’s, which did not ensure the quality of its ratings on tens of thousands of mortgage-backed securities and CDOs.""[48]

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I have been posting a very wide range of tweets on here and have not been selecting them to fit a particular slant about the league. What Moody's do over ratings and what some Ligue 1 fan thinks about Mediapro is not something I feel any need to defend based on doing nothing more than what amounts to a retweet. There is a CanPL angle so it's something on topic so I posted the link. End of story.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I have been posting a very wide range of tweets on here and have not been selecting them to fit a particular slant about the league. What Moody's do over ratings and what some Ligue 1 fan thinks about Mediapro is not something I feel any need to defend based on doing nothing more than what amounts to a retweet. There is a CanPL angle so it's something on topic so I posted the link. End of story.

Yup, end of story, but keep posting, I am interested in these news bits, but I have no problem filtering them either. 

Something that I found interesting was what's been unfolding in Australia with the A League broadcast rights. Fox Sports was demanding a massive cut in rights money to an extent that could have forced the A League to become semi-pro like the old NSL. 

The FFA (Australia's CSA) didn't fold under pressure as they have plans to do web streaming instead eventually and Fox suddenly got much more reasonable when they realized just how many soccer fan only subscribers they were about to lose permanently.

From what is being written about that, even if Mediapro is only picking up production costs it was a good deal for CanPL because that is mentioned as being the big stumbling block for the A League breaking ties to Fox.

There's less chance of the growing new webstream medium walking away in the medium to long term than there is of the dinosaur cable industry, who by all accounts had no interest in doing the production and paying rights for CanPL anyway.