Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, why are you posting these articles about the CPL (as in Caribbean Premier League - cricket)?  

I know everyone is kind of ticked off by the new Subcription fee for The Island Games. But you've gotta love what OneSoccer is doing here. The investment is real and meaningful. DAZN is a better value

My take on it (FWIW) is this: For years, we have wanted a decent quality, reliable stream to view Canadian games.  Yes, that was in the context of CMNT games, but now that we have our own league,

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Not on Netflix that I know but a good watch is The Damned United. 

And Mean Machine for a bit of levity during these at home days. 

Do you happen to remember that Scottish flick (or maybe it just takes place there) where a lower division club brings in a ‘bad-boy’ washed up player, but revived his career and gets to the Scottish cup final in the process? I really enjoyed it, but I can’t remember what it was called...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ams1984 said:

Do you happen to remember that Scottish flick (or maybe it just takes place there) where a lower division club brings in a ‘bad-boy’ washed up player, but revived his career and gets to the Scottish cup final in the process? I really enjoyed it, but I can’t remember what it was called...

It was called Shot at Glory.  Starred Glasgow Rangers legend Ally McCoist (who in the movie was a former Celt*c player), Robert Duvall and Michael Keaton.

Bit dodgy acting and accents but a light watch if bored to tears and nothing to do, LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why it came up but there was an extended highlight reel on YouTube of the '86 FA Cup Final, a final I vividly remember.  Saturday (?) AM, the television cranked, me on maybe 2 hours sleep and still buzzing and the Old Man hung over and as sour as lemons bleating at me about all this soccer nonsense. 

Liverpool-Everton.  Rush & Dagleish vs Lineker & Sharp and Grobbulaar at his flakiest (as I remember it anyway).   All sort of came apart for Everton as the match got on but recall coming away with my impressions of Rush and Lineker being affirmed. 

Quite the year '86.  Celtic took the league at the death if I recall, Liverpool with the double and best of all Canada off to the World Cup Finals that summer.  Applogies if I got that wrong but that's how it all comes to mind.  Quite the year.  

Have some CPL matches on disc that redhat gave me.  Need to dig those out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

Do you happen to remember that Scottish flick (or maybe it just takes place there) where a lower division club brings in a ‘bad-boy’ washed up player, but revived his career and gets to the Scottish cup final in the process? I really enjoyed it, but I can’t remember what it was called...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Shot_at_Glory

Have never watched it but Robert Duvall's accent in this is widely regarded in Scotland as the worst ever by a Hollywood actor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Time to watch Green Street Hooligans again, not everyone's cup of tea but my friends and I enjoyed it (7.5 out of 10 on IMDB):

Been meaning to watch the sequels as well, 2 and 3, but don't think they'll match the original as with many sequels.

 

There were sequels?!?

Netflix is telling me Ultras drops Friday and The English Game just glitches out before it can even load an info screen. :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 7:44 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Onesoccer is replaying the CanPl finals at 8PM and 10PM tonight.

Could OneSoccer/CPL/CBC make some games from last year available on CBC, say Saturday afternoons, over the next few weeks?  People might appreciate the chance to see some sports as a break from COVID-19 coverage.  Also, a chance to show off the league ahead of the 2020 season (we hope :)).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ray said:

Could OneSoccer/CPL/CBC make some games from last year available on CBC, say Saturday afternoons, over the next few weeks?  People might appreciate the chance to see some sports as a break from COVID-19 coverage.  Also, a chance to show off the league ahead of the 2020 season (we hope :)).

I don't see why I would do. There are so many Olympic moments that sell more than CPL, that I think they'll stick to that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if One Soccer will give some short of subscription extension. Seeing as my membership expires at the end of April, it is not much but I was hoping to watch teh first few weeks of the season before needing to renew. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 9:06 PM, Cblake said:

Wonder if One Soccer is looking at a deal for the Belarusian Premier League as its the only league in Europe that is still playing? It would give them some live programming as I am sure other channels are looking at it too. 

Nicaragua more likely. Also still playing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ktf said:

I wonder if One Soccer will give some short of subscription extension. Seeing as my membership expires at the end of April, it is not much but I was hoping to watch teh first few weeks of the season before needing to renew. 

In Spain Roures and Mediapro have done nothing, it is a bit disgraceful I find. My gym stopped charging for services, others may find other services not rendered are pardoned, but Mediapro keeps not only charging for football, through Movistar, but announce the tv deals with all the football packs in place, as if they could reasonably give a new subscriber Champions, League, Cup, and so on. It is a bit disgraceful. And they have not replaced the massive gap with anything but reruns, there are no new programs of analysis, no talk shows on the current situation, they are not spending a dime.

Roures is all freaked out about the season not ending, his only idea is that this year has to finish, next year hardly matters. I don't fully undderstand the logic in financial terms, but in social and human terms he is really out of it. 

Honestly: One Soccer is generating more content than Mediapro platforms in Spain. Okay, One Soccer, most of it for me, anyways, is rather obnoxiously giddy and superficial. It is really over the top, with a few exceptions (some of these interviews with retired vets are okay).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 9:11 AM, ted said:

There were sequels?!?

Netflix is telling me Ultras drops Friday and The English Game just glitches out before it can even load an info screen. :(

 

I can't seem to find Ultras on mine. Absolutely loving the Sunderland series though. So well done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, Cblake said:

Wonder if One Soccer is looking at a deal for the Belarusian Premier League as its the only league in Europe that is still playing? It would give them some live programming as I am sure other channels are looking at it too. 

The desperation in this post is tangible.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...