2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

But as soccer fans in this country, we should care that the sport is becoming less accessible. 

I'm an old man born in the 60s! I don't have a TV. OneSoccer IS accessible for me. I'd have to buy a TV and pay for cable.  In 2020 season ticket holders get OneSoccer free. That's pretty accessible.

Just like to point out my Little One and all of her friends don't have "cable" in any form.  All of them excepting the odd one that bomarangs back home to the parents now and then.

They stream, steal, or socialize for their viewing wants.  Including sports.  Still spend a bit of money but nowhere near what I do.

Which is a bit confusing.  Drop $40 twice a week to watch the hockey game at BP but moan about the $60 it would cost them to get basic and TSN for the month.  Kids.

10 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Just like to point out my Little One and all of her friends don't have "cable" in any form.  All of them excepting the odd one that bomarangs back home to the parents now and then.

They stream, steal, or socialize for their viewing wants.  Including sports.  Still spend a bit of money but nowhere near what I do.

Which is a bit confusing.  Drop $40 twice a week to watch the hockey game at BP but moan about the $60 it would cost them to get basic and TSN for the month.  Kids.

Are your kids in their 30s? Just curious. My 20-year old would need another decade to get to yours' level.

14 hours ago, CanSuffer said:

I'm an old man born in the 60s! I don't have a TV. OneSoccer IS accessible for me. I'd have to buy a TV and pay for cable.  In 2020 season ticket holders get OneSoccer free. That's pretty accessible.

I think not having a tv at all is still an anomaly, even if people are watching on a number of other sources.  Having said that, the key to your sentence is still "free".  That's what makes it more accessible. But in this case, it's also providing a service to someone who's already invested in the product (your purchase of season tickets).  It does draw in a new fan.

13 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Forget the $40 twice a week, going to BP twice a week requires an intervention. ;) 

13 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Drop $40 twice a week to watch the hockey game at BP but moan about the $60 it would cost them to get basic and TSN for the month.  Kids.

It get's worse than that. I thought it would be nice to catch some soccer this morning - but it's FA Cup this weekend. Great ... I have some Sportsnet channels.

But hang on ... I can have basic Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, and Sportsnet 360 for more than $60 a month ... but the FA Cup games are all on Sportsnet World ... which despite having virtually no content these days, still costs more than DAZN, just as an add-on if you have the other 6 Sportsnet channels.

Sure, I could add Sportsnet World temporarily with Rogers ... but it's a complete pain to remove it again, as you can't do it on-line.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are your kids in their 30s? Just curious. My 20-year old would need another decade to get to yours' level.

Later 20s.  Most of her friends there about.  All good kids.  Knock-on-wood it stays that way.

Kids?  Later 20s?  Geezus, at her age I was walking her to school and taking her cousins skating.   There, that should make me sound old.

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

Okay, so I went back a few pages and realized there has been no questions ask, of why Onesoccer is not streaming any of CMNT upcoming friendlies. 

There's so many reasons why this is not okay... right? 

Don't they hold the rights? Arent they suppose to be OneSoccer is:@CPLsoccer, #CanChamp,@CNationsLeague, #CANMNT, #CANWNT, #ChineseSL, #LigaMX.

No, and also no. And there has been no confirmation that there won't be a broadcast yet.

The production rights would be held by the promoter who set up the friendlies, not OneSoccer. OneSoccer has default production rights to any national team matches in Canada, but for a match played abroad they would need a license from the host federation or promoter.

Even if they did get a license to produce the matches, sending personnel and equipment down there would be an extremely high cost for a handful of matches that hardly anyone is actually going to watch and no network is going to want to pick up. If the promoter is at least setting up a TV feed, that could be manageable since OneSoccer could just get a license to use it and have the matches commentated remotely, but that's also not particularly likely given the teams involved.

Posted (edited)

Maybe the CSA doesn't want the Barbados games available to see. I know I wouldn't. If the Iceland game isn't available it be disappointed

Edited by SpursFlu

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Maybe the CSA doesn't want the Barbados games available to see. I know I wouldn't. If the Iceland game isn't available it be disappointed

Why do you think the CSA wouldn't want the Barbados games to be seen?

Edit:  NVM.  Saw your explanation in another thread.  

Edited by Ivan
update

On 1/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, Shway said:

Okay, so I went back a few pages and realized there has been no questions ask, of why Onesoccer is not streaming any of CMNT upcoming friendlies. 

Presumably because this thread is in the CPL forum, and it's not a CPL game. Presumably many national team followers, don't follow this subforum.

22 hours ago, nfitz said:

Presumably because this thread is in the CPL forum, and it's not a CPL game. Presumably many national team followers, don't follow this subforum.

Yeah, I think it's been covered under the CMNT section and I laugh because I seriously doubt that there are a lot of "CanPL exclucive" fans out there, let alone on this board.

I play the live channel on OneSoccer once in a while and catch a random CPL game playing. Do they ever replay this year's Voyageurs Cup games? I assume they have the rights to that also.

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I find it odd that the CSA wouldn't use OS as a possible platform to stream the next two CMNT games.  If they can make them available on their own website, why not let OS stream them to increase exposure to the platform?

I've thought of this as well and my only idea would be broadcast standard. We know this will be one camera and maybe Gavin Day (?) doing commentary, that may not be what OneSoccer wants on their channel.

Q

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I've thought of this as well and my only idea would be broadcast standard. We know this will be one camera and maybe Gavin Day (?) doing commentary, that may not be what OneSoccer wants on their channel.

Quite possibly and probably!

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

No Gavin Day is calling volleyball this weekend.

The cat was a good color man a few games back (cuba?), insightful yet he didnt interrupt the flow of the game.  I wouldnt mind seeing what he brings to the table, has to be better than Taylor Twellman.  

OneSoccer to air exclusive coverage in Canada of 2021 and 2023 Concacaf Gold Cups

https://us6.campaign-archive.com/?u=a8a1c3422d9152f5b1199bce6&id=977c00884d&fbclid=IwAR01RVvCR_Sv7eKwxPbp51sc2WcfDyny5rYAyXeeoaSfFTYa3ZyttY8482M

Not sure how much of this was already expected, but it seems like a really solid package of offerings for any Canadian footy fan.