Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I enjoy the NBL - PEI has a team (Island Storm).  It is a fun product and a very enjoyable level of play.  Would be interesting if the leagues merged to create a true D1 national basketball league.

If they go that route (which I suspect they will), I would hope they'd follow the CHL path and have regional conferences. 

Annnnnnnnnnd that they'd have teams in Québec again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

If they go that route (which I suspect they will), I would hope they'd follow the CHL path and have regional conferences. 

Annnnnnnnnnd that they'd have teams in Québec again. 

With the budgets for these teams (quite low) I think it would almost be a given.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, red card said:

And CEBL has made the regular season basically meaningless as 6/7 teams make the playoffs.

Not only that, Edmonton has already made the playoffs next season months before it even starts. Apparently the playoffs are all held at a single location (like the memorial cup in junior hockey if I’m not mistaken) and next year Edmonton is hosting, so they are in.

This past season Saskat... chewan I think, maybe oon... won the playoffs as the host, despite finishing the season in third. It will be interesting if the host winning becomes the norm (if they continue to do things this way long term).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commish Clanachan on Mediapro's Onesoccer :

Since launching OneSoccer, Mediapro has built out the OTT platform’s offering to include coverage of the Concacaf Nations League, Mexico’s Liga MX and the Chinese Super League (CSL). Clanachan does not go as far to reveal the viewership for the CPL’s inaugural season on the platform, but says the figures have been positive.

“I know they (Mediapro) are very happy with their results so far in the country for the first year – it’s above their expectations,” he states. “Of course, like anything else, it’s never enough. You want more and more and more, but they’ve done some great work.”

http://www.sportspromedia.com/interviews/canadian-premier-league-commissioner-clanachan-interview-expansion-mediapro#.XfEEhT_BwDQ.twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Is there an app on Xbox or fire stick for onesoccer?

Don't think there is yet, they are apparently working on apps for more platforms. As of now think its just Android, Roku, and Apple IOS. I use a $35 Roku stick and it works great.

Firestick should be able to sideload the Android app but on my Android TV Box it works but only with a skinny screen that is basically unwatchable, not sure if it can be expanded to full screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, Rintaran said:

According to OneSoccer's facebook:

That's a neat little addition to their line up.

What happen with these games? i haven't seen anything since this announcement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

What happen with these games? i haven't seen anything since this announcement.  

BTW, I watched parts of a match on television when I was down in Kingston for work.  It was horribly unwatchable.  Pitch was bumpy, tiny crowds and although the players were athletic, it was kick and rush.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ansem said:

 

This will be welcome. If they are smart they should be partnering with the CSA and hosting a Onesoccer international tournament in the january window. They need more of a pull for CPL off season. Like Disney's poor planning there is nothing new coming to make paying for Disney worth it now mando is finished. Unless there is serious benefits I'm just doing month to month when the new season starts. I think binge watching apps like crave/Netflix/disney and rotating is the way forward. Obviously you can't do that with onesoccer when CPL season is on!

Over time I am sure things will rapidly improve and the content will grow but its tough to justify the expense for me at the moment..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, toontownman said:

This will be welcome. If they are smart they should be partnering with the CSA and hosting a Onesoccer international tournament in the january window. They need more of a pull for CPL off season. Like Disney's poor planning there is nothing new coming to make paying for Disney worth it now mando is finished. Unless there is serious benefits I'm just doing month to month when the new season starts. I think binge watching apps like crave/Netflix/disney and rotating is the way forward. Obviously you can't do that with onesoccer when CPL season is on!

Over time I am sure things will rapidly improve and the content will grow but its tough to justify the expense for me at the moment..

They nee Euro leagues badly. That's their next priority. My subscription ended because of lack of content 

Edited by Ansem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toontownman said:

 Unless there is serious benefits I'm just doing month to month when the new season starts.

Over time I am sure things will rapidly improve and the content will grow but its tough to justify the expense for me at the moment..

I thought about cancelling Onesoccer and doing the month to month for the 2020 season, but the cost is basically the same (month to month is 8 x 10 = $80 and one year is $75) since we won't have the free month for 2020 as a new subscriber, which even then would be just about the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’d be awesome if they could get any of the SPL, Ligue 1, Liga Nos, Irish League or a combo of these. Outside of the French league, I doubt they’d cost that much but it would add some content and there are a lot of people in Canada with connections to each of these countries. Maybe not the best to watch, but from a business perspective, the Indian Super league might make a lot of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Copa Libertadores would be the gem

In terms of quality, sure.  In terms of viewers, maybe not.  DAZN had it and dropped it, and I'm sure they wouldn't drop something worthwhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love for them to add the SPFL, Ligue 1 and maybe a few other Euro leagues. But I feel like they could do half decently to pick up more content from other regions, like maybe the J-League and the A-League (would absolutely love the latter). I know they already have the CSL, but . . . eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ansem said:

 

Would this be for non-Canada games?  Because we argue on here enough about the lack of visibility for the men's team by only rotating home games between Toronto and Vancouver.  Moving their games to a pay-service would only exacerbate the problem of drawing in casual fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m-g-williams said:

I'd love for them to add the SPFL, Ligue 1 and maybe a few other Euro leagues. But I feel like they could do half decently to pick up more content from other regions, like maybe the J-League and the A-League (would absolutely love the latter). I know they already have the CSL, but . . . eh. 

J-League is on DAZN, but the K-League isn't and has a certain Canadian now playing there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Would this be for non-Canada games?  Because we argue on here enough about the lack of visibility for the men's team by only rotating home games between Toronto and Vancouver.  Moving their games to a pay-service would only exacerbate the problem of drawing in casual fans.

Fair enough, but I'm going to guess that OneSoccer has been fairly happy with the response to MNT matches being on their platform.  From their prospective of course. 

If those MNT matches are their gateway to marketplace relevance they've bought those rights, they've put their money where their mouth is, they should work towards exploiting the potential of that product.

Champions League and EPL coverage has done wonders for DAZN amongst the footie crowd (mine at least) in a way that they couldn't have otherwise.  Has that hurt Champions League casual appeal?  I'd say so.  Absolutely.  Has it helped DANZs market presence?  Without doubt. 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...