OneSoccer

Foreen

18 hours ago, ted said:

Satire requires humour or at least a winky ;)  Your post had neither. :P

Some people don't need a laugh track to tell them when to laugh.

When the humour is obvious, I'd prefer not to have the smileys. Oddly, on the rare occasion, where I think the humour is obvious, and put in a smiley, to make sure no one responds seriously ... someone does.

Which makes me suspect, it isn't that smileys are necessary - but there are other issues.

Edited by nfitz

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The sums involved on this are definitely not chump change:

$144 x let's guess 2000 per team on average x 7 = $2,016,000

But that's not the real cost of OneSoccer to most people who would subscribe to it. It's the maximum cost, which most don't pay.

Like a lot of things with this league there is no transparency so far as to who is foregoing revenue where this freebie is concerned, but common sense would suggest that it is more likely to be the league rather than Onesoccer unless the latter have decided to be a charity in a Canadian context rather than a profit making business. Do we know what Onesoccer's price structure will be for next season yet? In the absence of that info it seems reasonable to use the number quoted by the Wanderers for a back of an envelope calculation like this.

This seems like some dangerous ground to tread.  Either people already know it's actually only a $75 annual savings, in which case it's a bad look.  Or it's a new customer, and you're implanting the notion that your product costs $144 a year.  Since "word of mouth" is such a powerful marketing tool, I'd be concerned that if a non-season ticket holder asks how much it is they'll say $144 a year, a number everyone agrees isn't worth it.

I suppose there's also another option - that they're getting ready to add more services/leagues to try to boost the value to $144 a year.  With EPL and Champions League already off the table (and at the price of $150 annually) I'm not sure they'll be able to pull that off though.

35 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

This seems like some dangerous ground to tread.  Either people already know it's actually only a $75 annual savings, in which case it's a bad look.  Or it's a new customer, and you're implanting the notion that your product costs $144 a year.  Since "word of mouth" is such a powerful marketing tool, I'd be concerned that if a non-season ticket holder asks how much it is they'll say $144 a year, a number everyone agrees isn't worth it.

I suppose there's also another option - that they're getting ready to add more services/leagues to try to boost the value to $144 a year.  With EPL and Champions League already off the table (and at the price of $150 annually) I'm not sure they'll be able to pull that off though.

I can’t be the only one that’s happy paying $144 a year to have professional soccer in my city

4 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I can’t be the only one that’s happy paying $144 a year to have professional soccer in my city

I pay about $250 to have pro soccer in my city, and that is just for my season ticket in the supporters end. Why would I pay additional money when I watch home games in the stadium and away games at the pub (where I spend minimum $30-40 each game).

4 hours ago, ted said:

Why would I pay additional money when I watch home games in the stadium and away games at the pub (where I spend minimum $30-40 each game).

But is OneSoccer really asking for additional money or just using sales tactics?

6 hours ago, ted said:

I pay about $250 to have pro soccer in my city, and that is just for my season ticket in the supporters end. Why would I pay additional money when I watch home games in the stadium and away games at the pub (where I spend minimum $30-40 each game).

You don't rewatch the match later?  I usually do. I usually watch the last match Valour's next opponent played as well and a few others beside  (mostly on impulse) so for me I'll always get value from OneSoccer.  Oddly enough, I don't really visit YouTube or the cpl site unless someone links this or that. 

Always a struggle measuring value.  CelticTV costs $250 or so for what I watch and I may not get it this year (have to make up my mind in the next hour or so LOL) just because the damned thing STILL won't work on my Playstation4.  What effing year is it?  DAZN on Playstation?  Perfect.  Bloody brilliant.  So what's it going to be this AM, Villa/Liverpool or Hibs/Celtic?  I've already paid for DAZN, and I watch a bunch of their other content besides Britball so that's the cheaper answer.  It'll be $30 a month to get CelticTV from here on but if I don't no Celtic for me this campaign.  

Who am I kidding?  Going to spend the money it's just a matter of how long I hold out before surrendering. 

Thanks, Ted.  Talked me into it.  Always costing me money.