1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I wonder what happened for RDS to take the game off its schedule?

Did RDS ever say that they had the rights? I've read  things on twitter, but nothing from people who would be in the know. I think people assumed that RDS might get in when it's crunch time. 

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Did RDS ever say that they had the rights? I've read  things on twitter, but nothing from people who would be in the know. I think people assumed that RDS might get in when it's crunch time. 

I don't know but it was on their TV guide for a couple of days before removing it. Why put on their guide if they didn't have the rights? Strange.

Posted (edited)

it's becoming clear that RDS-TSN are trying to bury this league on purpose. TSN is showing the feed due to pressure on social media and maybe the league + CSA. Even then...it's being buried at 2am on TSN2 while being live on stream...which wasn't there a few days ago...

That's puzzling and makes me dislike the other league that much more. This isn't an accident.

I was surprised that they had not tried to get the Montreal and Vancouver games on cable but hey, they'd probably rather pass than show CPL on cable.

If the final is TFC vs Montreal, I hope that Onesoccer snubs them if they want to acquire the finals. That would force people to get Onesoccer

Edited by Ansem

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

it's becoming clear that RDS-TSN are trying to bury this league on purpose. TSN is showing the feed due to pressure on social media and maybe the league + CSA. Even then...it's being buried at 2am on TSN2 while being live on stream...which wasn't there a few days ago...

That's puzzling and makes me dislike the other league that much more. This isn't an accident.

I was surprised that they had not tried to get the Montreal and Vancouver games on cable but hey, they'd probably rather pass than show CPL on cable.

If the final is TFC vs Montreal, I hope that Onesoccer snubs them if they want to acquire the finals. That would force people to get Onesoccer

It may be modest, but there are 2 mentions of the game on the tsn.ca/soccer page at the moment, relatively close to the top of the page. The story is the second big banner story, and then it also shows up in the "Soccer on TSN" section.

image.png.c01c83556c2d4e6cca33e66794ff8a3e.png

Maybe the squawking is doing some good.  Neither of those mentions was there a few hours ago.  You would think they would have had a story/notice about that game more than a few hours before it airs.  But kudos to TSN, getting that word out just in the nick of time since they are airing the game.  

From a canpl article, big tv numbers for first match - probably total viewers rather than average.

For those roughly 18,000 or so who watched the game live, and the over 1 million watching on CBC or OneSoccer, this match kicked off a series of historic moments which followed.

https://canpl.ca/article/commemorating-cpl-a-list-of-historic-1sts-in-2019-so-far

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

The picture quality really needs to get better 

It's not looking too bad for me. Far better than when it used to be on non-HD channels like GolTV.

OneSoccer is available on Roku as of today! One oddness I found (on the TFC game at least), is it defaulted to AudioTrack 2 (no commentary, just crowd noise) rather than Track 1. That might be an upgrade though ... :)

Adding a colour commentator would help.

I started watching on a laptop - picture was similar on both.

edit - well now I've only got one device streaming ... I'd say the picture is excellent, perhaps even better than TSN, giving how much Rogers Cable compresses the picture some of the time!

Edited by nfitz

2 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

The picture quality really needs to get better 

I think they Auto select the stream quality based on your internet speed. There are settings to increase the quality of the feed

Someone on Facebook said that the logo for Ligue 1 and La Liga are no longer showing on DAZN

Screenshot_20190809-172800_Facebook.jpg.ca04ca5d817eba3887c8758056431c31.jpg

Both happens to be MediaPro productions...

Those 2 leagues being shown on Onesoccer would be massive...

On 8/1/2019 at 9:36 AM, Ansem said:

That would force people to get Onesoccer

I'll never give Onesoccer a effing red cent! Worst thing to ever happen to soccer in Canada! Death to Onesoccer!

York-Valour replay from Saturday up.  Finally.

I'd almost suspect they aren't allowed to offer the replay for X hours because of contractual commitments but that's hard to imagine.

So, I wish to register a complaint.  Get these vids up faster.  Not life and death but probably a good idea to get the practice in place since we're getting pretty deep into the season.

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

On 8/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, Ansem said:

Someone on Facebook said that the logo for Ligue 1 and La Liga are no longer showing on DAZN

Screenshot_20190809-172800_Facebook.jpg.ca04ca5d817eba3887c8758056431c31.jpg

Both happens to be MediaPro productions...

Those 2 leagues being shown on Onesoccer would be massive...

DAZN still has both through BeInSports. I just watched Lyon-Monaco this past Friday

6 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I'd almost suspect they aren't allowed to offer the replay for X hours because of contractual commitments but that's hard to imagine.

So, I wish to register a complaint.  Get these vids up faster.  Not life and death but probably a good idea to get the practice in place since we're getting pretty deep into the season.

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

That is honestly my biggest beef with OneSoccer. I am maybe not able to watch the matches live, but if I can watch them at all, it's definitely during the weekend. However, it seems like OneSoccer is hardly ever able to make the turn-around without a few days' worth of delay.

By then, it's back during the week, and there is no way I'll be able to sit down for over 90 minutes times three matches. Ugh! Even the MLS-produced streaming app didn't have that issue pre-DAZN (unless there were regional blackouts that applied).

9 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

This was so frustrating for me. I was able to watch the first half live on onesoccer, then I had to go. I kept checking back Saturday evening/night even though I was pretty sure I wouldn't see it. I have never seen the replay available on the same day (once I saw the halftime show up on the same day, but not the game itself). Then I spent my Sunday every chance I got to check to see if I could watch the second half yet. I had to completely ignore any CPL related thread on here all weekend, and had to completely avoid facebook as well while my notifications piled up. I ended up spending my lunch watching the second half today. I'd much rather watch it at home, beer in hand, than at work, with my headphones on, feeling a bit self conscious about watching a game at my desk.

13 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

Who involved might benefit from the replays being delayed? I can't think of anyone

I totally agree about the delayed replays. I can think of no good reason for it.

Personally, I'd like a way to "filter in" only CPL content, as I cannot find an adjective to describe how little interest I have in Chinese football and those matches are cluttering my display.

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

I totally agree about the delayed replays. I can think of no good reason for it.

Personally, I'd like a way to "filter in" only CPL content, as I cannot find an adjective to describe how little interest I have in Chinese football and those matches are cluttering my display.

Yeah, filter for only CPL, and a filter for "Features" or "Miscellaneous" would be nice. They have "Match Replays" and "Highlights", but give me a bucket for "Everything Else" so I can see without having to wade through tons of Replays/Highlights of all the various leagues that there is some sort of "CPL Week in Review" or whatever else they have put up.

While I am at it, match highlights in the review show need to be shown with the original match commentary and without the annoying nanny voice over telling us what happened. By all means introduce the match but do not spoil the result in the intro (even though we probably know what is was).

I find that voice over so annoying that I cannot watch the highlight show.

Ditto for the one with 25 goals or whatever it was.

Can someone explain to me how to toggle between the audio feeds on One Soccer (EN/FR and EN/ES), particularly for Roku? I'm currently watching the Cavs-Impact match and it somehow defaulted to French. I'm actually really enjoying it, but I figure I should know how this works.