Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, narduch said:

I sort of meant Mainstream media coverage.

But that isn't really something the league can control.

In the Toronto area York9 are nearly non-existent.

It would help if they were a Toronto team! York doesn't exactly start Toronto hearts a pounding. They weren't even supposed to be here but by being here, they are actually hurting press they might get from the smaller media outlets in York Region, although, that said, there aren't any TV stations as such. There are some community channels in existence so they could try to work with them. 

This is the problem with not having a true Toronto team in the league. Toronto media couldn't care less!

We should also point out that Canadian Press is feeding its soccer copy to entities like the Toronto Star and Sportsnet. They've cut back their staff so much that they don't even have reporters to write their own copy so it comes down to Canadian Press and Neil Davidson! Thank goodness Neil is there!

Edited by Blizzard

9 hours ago, Blizzard said:

I watched both games on my desktop with no problem.

What can I tell ya!

Yeah, I thought of that, but I've got a smallish monitor, so I just sacrificed the HFX game. Good to hear confirmation that it works OK though.

11 hours ago, Kent said:

Thank you for saying "couldn't care less" instead of "could care less"!

I was just browsing, but I signed in just to agree with this.  "Could care less" is almost as bad as 'irregardless' or mixing up 'then' and 'than.'

1 hour ago, vancanman said:

I was just browsing, but I signed in just to agree with this.  "Could care less" is almost as bad as 'irregardless' or mixing up 'then' and 'than.'

Origin
a080ac91cdfd991ba443e2eb6b71e5976becba0a
Old English than(ne), thon(ne), thænne, originally the same word as then.

13 hours ago, Kent said:

Thank you for saying "couldn't care less" instead of "could care less"!

Oh gawd I've been sucked in.

Not to turn this thread into logic school but the misuse is so widespread that I can't resist.

When you say "I could care less" you are saying that you DO CARE: the exact OPPOSITE of "I could NOT care less", which is what is meant.

How is this not obvious to everyone?! SMH.

5 minutes ago, Aird25 said:
Origin

Nevertheless, the meaning today is different:

"Then" means "subsequently".

"Than" means "as opposed to".

I'd rather score the first goal than (as opposed to) concede it then (subsequently) lose.

😁

2 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Nevertheless, the meaning today is different:

"Then" means "subsequently".

"Than" means "as opposed to".

I'd rather score the first goal than (as opposed to) concede it then (subsequently) lose.

😁

But it's nowhere near as bad as the first two mistakes which actually mean the complete opposite of the intended meaning. I find this much easier to forgive

10 hours ago, Aird25 said:
Origin

Things have changed a wee bit in the last 1000 or so years.  

I feel like Onescoccer needs another league or two at least and they really need to up their game on the technical side of things - for instance why does it take so long for them to make games available on-demand? 

The lay out and User Interface is what needs to change for me.  On Android (and therefore chromecast) it's really annoying that all the videos are just laid out in a feed.  I wish there was a section to go for highlights, schedule, and then specials/features.  It's getting really complicated now with the 2 new leagues added.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Those things literally drive me crazy....

When I read that, I was literally like, you know, so my friend goes, and I was like totally...

First time for me using the Apple TV One Soccer App onto my 120" screen, the sound and picture seem better than when I used AirPlay off my Mac, any techies know about this?

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

This seems like just bragging about your giant TV :)

I recommend one to anyone who has the space, I watched the 1st half of TFC on the big screen then the second half on the 55" living room tv, it's like night and day! I do point the screen size out because clarity of the broadcast is very important on a projector due to pixellation!

7 hours ago, gator said:

I recommend one to anyone who has the space, I watched the 1st half of TFC on the big screen then the second half on the 55" living room tv, it's like night and day! I do point the screen size out because clarity of the broadcast is very important on a projector due to pixellation!

I'm heading out right now where I have the space, near the dumpster fire in the alley behind my basement rental, and I'm going to do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

13 hours ago, gator said:

Wait....the 55inch is your smaller TV???  WHispers to no one.....somebody is over compensating........

12 hours ago, maccaliam said:

They’re point their was there frustrated at the misuse of language. 

You owe me a cup of coffee, since I just spewed mine all over the kitchen table.

7 hours ago, vancanman said:

You owe me a cup of coffee, since I just spewed mine all over the kitchen table.

Haha it was actually surprisingly hard to write! Were going to ....  ok, I’ll stop. 😜