OneSoccer

Foreen

I wasn't able to watch the CWNT game this afternoon. Was very pleased to see the Replay was available when I checked like 2 hours after the game would have finished. I was able to watch the replay after the kids were in bed tonight. If this can be the norm, this is massive for my enjoyment of OneSoccer. That was my number 1 beef with them.

Next up, better quality of video. When I use my chromecast the sound isn't synced properly, and when I watch on my TV's browser (or mirror from my phone which I tried for the first time tonight) the picture isn't very crisp.

Oh, it would also be nice if I watch part of a video, then put it down, then come back, perhaps on another device, for it to remember where I am at in the video. That would be another big win.

And while I'm at it, show the original air date of shows. I don't know if I've watched number 73 of OneSoccer Today, but I know I watched it on Wednesday, or I want to watch the episodes I can, but I haven't yet watched a game that the show will spoil for me, so which ones are safe?

That's the end of my feature request list... for now at least :) Again, well done on the quick turnaround time on the replay.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I wasn't able to watch the CWNT game this afternoon. Was very pleased to see the Replay was available when I checked like 2 hours after the game would have finished. I was able to watch the replay after the kids were in bed tonight. If this can be the norm, this is massive for my enjoyment of OneSoccer. That was my number 1 beef with them.

Next up, better quality of video. When I use my chromecast the sound isn't synced properly, and when I watch on my TV's browser (or mirror from my phone which I tried for the first time tonight) the picture isn't very crisp.

Oh, it would also be nice if I watch part of a video, then put it down, then come back, perhaps on another device, for it to remember where I am at in the video. That would be another big win.

And while I'm at it, show the original air date of shows. I don't know if I've watched number 73 of OneSoccer Today, but I know I watched it on Wednesday, or I want to watch the episodes I can, but I haven't yet watched a game that the show will spoil for me, so which ones are safe?

That's the end of my feature request list... for now at least :) Again, well done on the quick turnaround time on the replay.

That's great news but as a OneSoccer subscriber outside of Canada, I get no replays of any CanMNT, CanWMT or the TFC Champions League matches which really sucks as in most cases i can't watch them live due to the time difference.  Frankly, they should have told me that upfront before they took my money.

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

I can put up with any of the other BS if they just added the pause and rewind in the live streams. Kills me. 

And have the replays up way faster.

I was trying to hold out on re-upping when the CPL season starts but I guess I will have to do it today to see TFC.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

And have the replays up way faster.

I was trying to hold out on re-upping when the CPL season starts but I guess I will have to do it today to see TFC.

I know. In fairness they actually have more content. Still they are ultimately lazy and cheap. Think I saw they are cutting OneSoccer Today down to twice a week or something? Kurt Larson defended it saying it is because they are so busy and onesoccer stacked with the new content and there are so many Canadian related games coming up. 

Too busy to do a zoom call for 30 minutes with 3 or 4 employees?  Granted there is some basic editing done with visuals and clips but they should be filling that website will cheap filler stuff like that and One Nation. The crux is they aren't budgeting or paying presenters more to do those easy things. If that is all getting channeled into purchasing more leagues to add I guess it is fine and that is their strategy for more subscriptions. I just think its cart before horse. Do the basics, quality streaming platform and some interesting content besides games, otherwise people come in, as they have, hate the streaming platform and glitches and leave. 

All that said if they are the only places showing it people don't have much of a point. Ie: case in point with you conceding so you can watch the TFC games lol That is fine for the hardcores but they need to be better to keep pulling others in.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

What’s actually required to get a replay up? I don’t understand why it takes so long

I don't know, but it looks like they've got the problem fixed, at least mostly. Last night I signed in at like 10:30 to check something and I think the 8pm CCL game was available for replay already.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Figure I will need it for Gold Cup and WCQ too. 

I am honestly worried about CPL even have a season. May have to be an Island games again.

They at least have the example of NHL operating in Canada in their own arenas. If I were them I would make the bet that late summer or early fall they may be able to have some fans at games.

Two non sequitur notes: 

1) I know that there's a cost involved, but for all those who are finding the resolution on One Soccer to be lacking with Chrome Cast, I really can't say enough things about the Roku stick. Not too pricey (about $70 on Amazon), very stable stream (I've never had audio lag, and I don't think I've ever dropped the stream), full HD resolution (One Soccer has really upped their game since launch in 2019) and with the Roku Channel giving access to (select) free Liga and Ligue 1 matches, I'd say it's definitely worth it. 

2) For those watching the TFC - Leon match tonight: I see the usual ads from One Soccer, VW, All State, etc., but I'm also seeing ads for some kind of car show/network called REV Canada. Does anyone know what this is? They don't seem to be a sponsor and it doesn't look like their content would be aired on One Soccer, so I'm genuinely confused as to what's happening. Maybe it's some sort of weird cross-network ad for beIN Sports content under the LOSC deal, but nowhere am I seeing any beIN branding on this. 

16 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Two non sequitur notes: 

1) I know that there's a cost involved, but for all those who are finding the resolution on One Soccer to be lacking with Chrome Cast, I really can't say enough things about the Roku stick. Not too pricey (about $70 on Amazon), very stable stream (I've never had audio lag, and I don't think I've ever dropped the stream), full HD resolution (One Soccer has really upped their game since launch in 2019) and with the Roku Channel giving access to (select) free Liga and Ligue 1 matches, I'd say it's definitely worth it. 

I've used the Roku Express that is $40 for a few years up until last Dec when I picked up the premiere for $45. Both work great for Onesoccer plus all the free live TV including Bein sports xtra and movies, series.

8 hours ago, narduch said:

Figure I will need it for Gold Cup and WCQ too. 

I am honestly worried about CPL even have a season. May have to be an Island games again.

Even with the piss poor job our terrible Prime Minister tru-doh and his gov't have done handling coronavirus, no reason CPL can't have a season outdoors in their own stadiums imo. NHL with indoor facilities is doing it in addition to other sports leagues.

Hopefully fans are allowed in attendance in some capacity as well, with masks and social distancing etc and being outdoors it really shouldn't be an issue as long as plans, protocols, and sufficient staff are set up by each club to enforce the rules that fans will be happy to follow anyways if it means they can attend.

10 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

Even with the piss poor job our terrible Prime Minister tru-doh and his gov't have done handling coronavirus, no reason CPL can't have a season outdoors in their own stadiums imo. NHL with indoor facilities is doing it in addition to other sports leagues.

Hopefully fans are allowed in attendance in some capacity as well, with masks and social distancing etc and being outdoors it really shouldn't be an issue as long as plans, protocols, and sufficient staff are set up by each club to enforce the rules that fans will be happy to follow anyways if it means they can attend.

Think you are confusing the Prime Minister with the Premiers from the Covid-6 provinces

16 minutes ago, Cblake said:

At what point does the CPL start to think about making plans for something like they did in PEI last year? Could they do a bubble somewhere to kick the season off and evaluate what to do next? 

It is too hard to plan for at this point really Could split the season more like the first year. Do a PEI Bubble competition then hope by the time its done things are good enough to do a shorter season with teams playing at home (with some crowds). They could likely have some crowds at PEI given how good their numbers are. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

It is too hard to plan for at this point really Could split the season more like the first year. Do a PEI Bubble competition then hope by the time its done things are good enough to do a shorter season with teams playing at home (with some crowds). They could likely have some crowds at PEI given how good their numbers are. 

But seriously...

I like the idea of an Island Games 2.0 (done wherever) in advance of a possible regular season - sort of like how “MLS is back” predated a shortened MLS season.   That way if you can’t squeeze in a regular season, you could do a second bubbled option if budgets allow or just call it a season after the IG2.0. Either way, it gets teams playing and ensures that at least some competitive games take place.  

19 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

But seriously...

I like the idea of an Island Games 2.0 (done wherever) in advance of a possible regular season - sort of like how “MLS is back” predated a shortened MLS season.   That way if you can’t squeeze in a regular season, you could do a second bubbled option if budgets allow or just call it a season after the IG2.0. Either way, it gets teams playing and ensures that at least some competitive games take place.  

You just want to make late night pizza runs for the Valor troops again.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

82DB850E-E6E8-4DE1-AE75-58388FACF319.jpeg

I bought a couple of tins of Snow Bird Juicy IPA from Gahan Brewery on the island today, I'm not really a craft beer fan but it was on sale and I thought I might try something different, have you seen this or tried it?

23 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Two non sequitur notes: 

I have had this Amazon stick for a while and never really used it, I would use Apple Air Play from my Mac to the tv for One Soccer and QPR+, I saw it mentioned on here about using the browser from the stick and have done that ever since, what a difference, so much sharper picture and rarely lags, I imagine the Roku is the same!

16 minutes ago, gator said:

I bought a couple of tins of Snow Bird Juicy IPA from Gahan Brewery on the island today, I'm not really a craft beer fan but it was on sale and I thought I might try something different, have you seen this or tried it?

Not that one specifically but lots of beers around here now.  Gahan, Copper Bottom, Upstreet, Bogside, Moth Lane - can’t go wrong with any of them.  

Did you say you are on the Island?