CPL Best and Worst teams in 2019 with overall record

I thought it would be fun to pick (guess) which team would finish first and who would finish last if we didn't have spring and fall seasons. Just best overall records. My crap shoot is Edmonton #1 and Cavalry #7. Of course guessing ends on April 26. I'll have results at end of season. Good luck.

OK let's do the apertura before teams get to reload a bit in the summer transfer window (we already know FCE are bringing in a Canadian defender at that point, who may or may not be Adam Straith):

Forge W6 D2 L2 = 20 Pts

FCE W2 D3 L5 = 9 Pts

Championship game will be at THF and the opponents will be York 9 as the strength of the GTA's soccer scene comes to the fore in the context of a relatively low budget league in the absence of teams in the immediate Montreal and Vancouver areas.

This is supposed to be for the full season no spring or fall season.  Like it says on Tims Roll Up the Rim " please try again" ?.

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

OK let's do the apertura before teams get to reload a bit in the summer transfer window (we already know FCE are bringing in a Canadian defender at that point, who may or may not be Adam Straith):

Forge W6 D2 L2 = 20 Pts

FCE W2 D3 L5 = 9 Pts

Championship game will be at THF and the opponents will be York 9 as the strength of the GTA's soccer scene comes to the fore in the context of a relatively low budget league in the absence of teams in the immediate Montreal and Vancouver areas.

Victoria - solid squad
Edmonton - surprise package that no one expects
Halifax - Imports keep this team alive
Hamilton - Sigma FC v2.0 flops under weight of pre-season expectations
Calgary / Winnipeg - both weak PDL teams with weak imports
York "9" - playing in front of no-one in the biggest market takes its toll

Edited by Marc

On 4/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, Marc said:

Victoria - solid squad
Edmonton - surprise package that no one expects
Halifax - Imports keep this team alive
Hamilton - Sigma FC v2.0 flops under weight of pre-season expectations
Calgary / Winnipeg - both weak PDL teams with weak imports
York "9" - playing in front of no-one in the biggest market takes its toll

So it's Victoria #1 and York #7?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Too early to quote myself? 

Not to early! That is looking pretty accurate. York and HFX play next, so one could get some relieve. I think beyond Cavalry and Forge we could still see significant movement. I know it is easy to see games in hand, but PFC have passed the roughest stretch of congestion for them, whereas HFX and Edmonton forsure, and York/Valour a bit have some congestion coming up. And PFC has a couple ripe opportunities for points. HFX on two days rest on June 1. York on 2 days rest June 15. Valour on equal rest, but having played two more games in previous two weeks. If they do not come out organized and strong for these games, well then Silberbauer deserves criticism. 

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The Cavs made strong signings late on such as Malonga and Escalante, so did look quite weak for a while before that. On the flip side the team that was overrated due to having lots of name recognition early on was Pacific FC.

Cavs still benefiting from familiarity - big time. Pacific is just so young, I never considered them contenders in the early stretch.

Yep...

I was totally wrong too. Cavs are league above everyone else right now.

However...Forge is slowly starting to play up to their potential. I think they are a force to be reckoned with in the Fall season.

CPL Championship prediction: Cavalry vs. Forge.

*midseason adjustments will be key to determining who wins between these 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, youllneverwalkalone said:

1. Cavalry (14w, 9d, 5l, 47pts)

2. Forge

3. Valour

4. Pacific

5. FCE

6. York 9

7. Wanderers (7w, 7d, 14l, 28pts)

The winner and also got Forge for #2. Congrats.

On 4/14/2019 at 1:19 AM, Pottsy3 said:

Okay I've gotta go with 

Best: Forge FC 

Worst: Halifax

Honorable mention for getting the worst team right.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:16 AM, Ansem said:

Yep...

I was totally wrong too. Cavs are league above everyone else right now.

However...Forge is slowly starting to play up to their potential. I think they are a force to be reckoned with in the Fall season.

CPL Championship prediction: Cavalry vs. Forge.

*midseason adjustments will be key to determining who wins between these 2

Honorable mention (although a little late in predicting) for picking the 2 finalists.