CPL tickets

Keegan

^....so I'm not the only one having issues with multiple accounts being set up with TM now (I now have to have a Forge account to get my free Forge tickets, and apparently that doesn't allow me to use the same account as with my York 9 tickets and trying to link these with my existing TM accounts was also difficult)......I'm a veteran of using "account manager" for all the various MLSE teams and their various apps and this proved really frustrating to me with various glitches throughout the process.....I came up with some "work-arounds" like going through the web and logging into the account manager directly in order to pull up the tickets without having to use the CC app - but for someone who is not use to these machinations, I would imagine they would find it very difficult to navigate......

Based on the above comments, I dreaded going on to Centre Circle app to get access to our four free Forge FC tickets for the home opener. I'm not exactly tech savvy. I actually found it fairly easy and it worked fine. I linked my Forge account with Ticket Master when I was prompted to do so. I forwarded the four tickets to my brother via email which also was easy. I had already selected Forge as "my team" so maybe this made it easier? Now if only I could explain to my kids how magnets work.

8 minutes ago, RickC said:

Now if only I could explain to my kids how magnets work.

The basics, actual positive/negative, or real science?

For the basics, use cookies. They're attracted to cookies right? Magnets are attracted to metal the same way. Done!

For positive/negative, use something you fill at one end, and empty at the other. Place it so the "fill" is at the top, and the "empty" is at the bottom. Magnets are only attracted in one direction, just like this <container> can only be filled from one side. When you try to put magnets together the wrong way, say too positives or two negatives, it'd be like trying to shove food/lego/etc back up from the bottom, you can force it, but generally it's just going to come right back out and separate.

If you need real science, Magic School Bus it. ;)

Where it gets tricky is if you are buying tickets in multiple CPL cities.  I was very confused at first because I couldn't get any tickets in my Center Circle App.  My Valour account used the same email address as my previous ticketmaster account but it kept telling me I didn't have any tickets.  I kept trying over several days, and then one day it finally asked me if I wanted to link my existing TM account to my Valour account (it turned out the passwords were just slightly different). 

I still couldn't figure out how to get my tickets that I purchased for the games at Halifax, Pacific and Edmonton though.  When I bought seasons in Halifax, I was told I had to use an email that wasn't already connected to a TM account, so I just assumed I had to use a different email for Pacific.  When I bought the Edmonton tickets, I was running out of email addresses, and I was able to use the same email that I used for Pacific.  

Eventually I tried changing my 'preferred team' in the app.  When I selected Edmonton, I could then login to my Edmonton ticket manager account and the tickets showed up.  If I change the preferred team to Pacific, I can access my Pacific tickets.  It seems weird that I can't have one preferred team and still see all of my tickets in the ticket area, but it might have worked that way if I used the same email for all. 

In the end, I have tickets purchased on 3 different emails, and spent several frustrating days trying to figure out how to get all of the tickets on my phone.

2 hours ago, MrsC said:

Where it gets tricky is if you are buying tickets in multiple CPL cities.  I was very confused at first because I couldn't get any tickets in my Center Circle App.  My Valour account used the same email address as my previous ticketmaster account but it kept telling me I didn't have any tickets.  I kept trying over several days, and then one day it finally asked me if I wanted to link my existing TM account to my Valour account (it turned out the passwords were just slightly different). 

I still couldn't figure out how to get my tickets that I purchased for the games at Halifax, Pacific and Edmonton though.  When I bought seasons in Halifax, I was told I had to use an email that wasn't already connected to a TM account, so I just assumed I had to use a different email for Pacific.  When I bought the Edmonton tickets, I was running out of email addresses, and I was able to use the same email that I used for Pacific.  

Eventually I tried changing my 'preferred team' in the app.  When I selected Edmonton, I could then login to my Edmonton ticket manager account and the tickets showed up.  If I change the preferred team to Pacific, I can access my Pacific tickets.  It seems weird that I can't have one preferred team and still see all of my tickets in the ticket area, but it might have worked that way if I used the same email for all. 

In the end, I have tickets purchased on 3 different emails, and spent several frustrating days trying to figure out how to get all of the tickets on my phone.

That does sound frustrating.

4 hours ago, MrsC said:

When you have worked in software development, you understand the pain that comes with being on the bleeding edge. I will take a look at the Centre Circle app when other poor souls have worked out the kinks.

In the meantime, I can login to my Valour account and see all my Valour tickets, and my TicketBastard account for the others.

7 hours ago, dsqpr said:

When you have worked in software development, you understand the pain that comes with being on the bleeding edge. I will take a look at the Centre Circle app when other poor souls have worked out the kinks.

In the meantime, I can login to my Valour account and see all my Valour tickets, and my TicketBastard account for the others.

The tickets we see in our Valour online account aren't actually tickets (I don't think) because they don't have the bar code like the tickets in the app.  That being said, it isn't really an issue for Valour tickets because we have the ticket card that can be swiped at the gate.

13 hours ago, MrsC said:

Thank you for laying that all out. I'll have to keep it in mind if I manage the lengthy trip to some York & Forge matches.

I should have explained myself better in the OP but @MrsC did it for me.  The problem is tickets in other places .. I have no issues with my Forge tickets but away tickets are already problematic and frustrating having to change accounts.  So my point is.. imagine you’re a casual who just wants to go to a few games?  Is this going to turn you off?  Could definitely be more user friendly and I’m not bad with tech. 

It’s cool to have all my tickets in my phone but there need to be alternatives.  What if your phone dies or is lost on game day?  Are you out of luck?  

2 hours ago, MrsC said:

The tickets we see in our Valour online account aren't actually tickets (I don't think) because they don't have the bar code like the tickets in the app.  That being said, it isn't really an issue for Valour tickets because we have the ticket card that can be swiped at the gate.

There is a "View Barcode" button underneath the ticket. I just checked and it appears to work.

Archived