Canada vs Nigeria - Monday April 8

Jith12

6 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

My question is how the heck does Huitema not see the field in either of these games? Surely she ranks higher than Rose. In my opinion the winger depth should go Bekie, Huitema, Prince, Hellstrom, Rose. I know my opinion differs hugely from what has been established, but how is Huitema not used at all? 

she....she played the entire first half.....

It got really jerky for me towards the end of the first half.  Maybe that's why they killed that stream and started a new one.

The Nigerians play pretty rough.  I suppose that's part of the experience we were meant to acquire.

This was good preparation for the physical test that Cameroon will pose at the World Cup. That was also the first goal we have conceded this year. Our backline looks great, but we still need to create and finish more chances.

Defense looked good again. Other than the goal, Nigeria wasn't close to doing anything on attack. Riviere got an assist and a hockey assist, so she has played herself to at least being a sub and maybe even one start.

Huitema wasn't too visible. I think she needs Sinclair on the pitch with her till she knows better how to make use of space and make better runs. Overall attack was again often stymied in the final third. The starting forward line rarely take on the defense in the final third and there is little to no play within the box trying to unlock the back line.

Archived