Canada vs Mexico - WWC Send off party - May 18th 1pm

Admin

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Maybe include Saturday, May 18th 1pm EST in the thread title?

I guess we can start drinking at Shoeless at 11am sharp? ;)

Yeah, I noticed a few minutes ago, the details were not in the graphic.  They usually are.

I don't think they finalized the time of this game until.... probably not long before releasing it.

TFC has an away game at 3pm. 

We are going to arrange a viewing party at 3pm close by.  

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Yeah, I noticed a few minutes ago, the details were not in the graphic.  They usually are.

I don't think they finalized the time of this game until.... probably not long before releasing it.

TFC has an away game at 3pm. 

We are going to arrange a viewing party at 3pm close by.  

Ok! That may be why they are doing a 1pm kickoff instead of the usual 2pm or 3pm kickoff for an afternoon game!

Vancouver plays much later that night. Ottawa Fury plays on Sunday.

The real kick in the soccer balls is that the Impact play at home against New England at exactly the same time. 1pm EST. :(

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok! That may be why they are doing a 1pm kickoff instead of the usual 2pm or 3pm kickoff for an afternoon game!

The real kick in the soccer balls is that the Impact play at home against New England at exactly the same time. 1pm EST. :(

Yeah, I suggested 12:30  so TFC fans could get to a bar after, but they seemed to feel they had to go with 1pm. 

Noob here
I got tickets to this game through The Voyageurs for the first time, and my understanding is that the seats in section 112/113 are assigned seats. I didn't have an option to select my seats. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks in Advance.

Neal

19 minutes ago, Neal said:

Noob here
I got tickets to this game through The Voyageurs for the first time, and my understanding is that the seats in section 112/113 are assigned seats. I didn't have an option to select my seats. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks in Advance.

Neal

Hi Neal.

I do all the tickets manually.   We don't have access to anything like the TM system.

Usually if it's the first time buying tickets I'll put people towards the back.  Once people buy a few times they can tell where they want to be. 

The advantage is we can set up the drum/capo/flags and nutcases and put them together.   

The other advantage is if you get more people to go to the game later on, I can simply group those tickets together.

They will get emailed out closer to the game.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This is actually the last game we will do this way. 

Jamie

Just to clarify, you put the drum/capo/flags and nutcases at the back with the first time buyers?

I'm bringing my two girls (11 & 5) and wife

Just wondering how crazy it might be if that's the case.

Either way, looking forward to the game

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Just to clarify, you put the drum/capo/flags and nutcases at the back with the first time buyers?

I'm bringing my two girls (11 & 5) and wife

Just wondering how crazy it might be if that's the case.

Either way, looking forward to the game

Oh, no. They go to the front.

I'll put you close to the back.

We also may be opening a Family Section in 114.

Not finalized yet.

I'll let you know.

Jamie

Anyone know where Canada's bench will be? I'd like tickets in a section relatively close to Canada;'s bench but can't remember where in BMO Field it's located. I'm thinking it would be near section 124 or 122. 

On 4/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, admin said:

Oh, no. They go to the front.

I'll put you close to the back.

We also may be opening a Family Section in 114.

Not finalized yet.

I'll let you know.

Jamie

Hey Jamie, another quick question. There are actual seats in sections 112/113 and possible family section 114?

I heard that there may not be any seats.

Just wondering.

Thanks

Neal

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

Hey Jamie, another quick question. There are actual seats in sections 112/113 and possible family section 114?

I heard that there may not be any seats.

Just wondering.

Thanks

Neal

There are seats in 114, just not at the front.

I'll find out. 

I noticed that I was not able to buy section 114 through the site...

I am taking my 2 daughters. Is section 114 still your recommendation for family? 

I have sat at back of 113 in the past for the men's with my kids.  

Originally we had plans to head up North, so I am a little behind. Please let me know your recommendation, we do not want to miss this! :)

Edited by apbsmith

41 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I am taking my 2 daughters. Is section 114 still your recommendation for family? 

Originally we had plans to head up North, so I am a little behind. Please let me know your recommendation, we do not want to miss this! :)

Still sorting that out. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, apbsmith said:

We have a family section now for sale on the site.

It is at the back of section 113 with a good view over the crazy parts. 

16 hours ago, admin said:

We have a family section now for sale on the site.

It is at the back of section 113 with a good view over the crazy parts. 

Thank you, the wife purchased 6 tickets on the weekend, will be bringing some young female players :). They are beyond excited.

Excellent idea and much appreciated.

14 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Thank you, the wife purchased 6 tickets on the weekend, will be bringing some young female players :). They are beyond excited.

Excellent idea and much appreciated.

Munchkin size or almost human size? 

I should have a bunch of ladies V's shirts for them. I am giving them away the pre game, just haven't announced it yet.

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Munchkin size or almost human size? 

I should have a bunch of ladies V's shirts for them. I am giving them away the pre game, just haven't announced it yet.

U8 :), so munchkin size still. They will be thrilled. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The game also coincides with the women's Champions final this afternoon, arguably the biggest club match in women's football. You would think that to grow the game you would be somewhat sensitive to these details. 

I have no idea if it is available for viewing in Canada though, anyone see it scheduled?

Oh did I mention one of our leading players, Kadeisha Buchanan, is on Olympique Lyonnais?

Yes, Canada did dominate the game for most of the time, seemed quite in control. I do think they'll have to put in a better performance when up against another top ranked team, rather than #26 Mexico. Wonderful to see Sinclair with her little flick-ons and deft passes. She definitely got the loudest applause during introductions and when substituted out. Chapman did a great job down the left.

We sat beside a family of Mexican-Canadians (I don't like hyphenating but do so to make my point!) who applauded good plays by both teams and were on their feet for the Canuck goals. Should we be disappointed with the size of the crowd? A few thousand less than last June's match in Hamilton (although that was a beautiful day). At least it was a very pro-Canada crowd.

Two other thoughts: my wife says O Canada was played at too low a pitch (I never argue with her about anything to do with music); and, what a lame chant, clapping thing they tried to get people to do right before kickoff. I hope that is not tried again.