Canada vs French Guiana Match Thread

mpg_29

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoilett has been exceptional.  Both Osorio & David have been very good too.  Cav a bit wasteful and a bit lucky on the goal.

Unpopular opinion: I feel Piette is a little overrated.  He's a pitbull and always proud to put on for Canada but I prefer MAK and Eustaquio once he joins post Gold Cup.  Borjan also needs to do better on goal as well.

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

Hoilett has been exceptional.  Both Osorio & David have been very good too.  Cav a bit wasteful and a bit lucky on the goal.

Unpopular opinion: I feel Piette is a little overrated.  He's a pitbull and always proud to put on for Canada but I prefer MAK and Eustaquio once he joins post Gold Cup.  Borjan also needs to do better on goal as well.

It's a match up thing. Piette seems to do better against better competition but he'll play down sometimes to weaker teams. Outside his brain fart he's broken up plays quite well.

Quietly impressed with ZBG, confident defending and been a force helping us dominate that right side. 

Aside from that blunder between Piette and Borjan, and Borjan trying some side back heal, I'm content. 

Also, very nice set piece play off that corner, should have scored. 

Current 3-1 scoreline very generous for FG, in my opinion.

Anyone else catch JH halftime interview???? That throw in off back was a designed tactic? Lol that's amazing.

3 minutes ago, badname22 said:

David is good so far but I can't help but feel that he'd do better in midfield, especially in the position Osorio is playing where he gets forward  as well 

Based on how David has done in Belgium, I agree but Osorio has been very good in there today as well.  David much more versatile though.

Really impressed with the team so far despite missing a few pieces. The goal was a shame - misplay by Piette. David is looking great. Hoilett is the best player on the field right now. Osorio and Cavalleni are both impressing me too. Kaye as well. 

Yeah. I like this!

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Good call by the ref.  And right on the edge for Henry, but solid in the end.

Assuming things stay  this comfortable, I am looking forward to seeing who comes on.  Would like to see Tabla and Millar for some minutes.

I'd like to see Adekugbe come on for MAK. Make sure that knee is OK!

Archived