Canadians abroad: March 8-14, 2019

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for March 8-14, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James on the bench again for FC Midtjylland at Hobo. Maybe he'll get some minutes tonight. He is the only defender on the bench after all (two if you count Tim Sparv who is listed as a midfielder). 

In Austria, Kennedy starts for Klagenfurt against league-leaders Wattens. 

Arfield came off in the 79th min, score at 1 1 which is how it finished. Taking him off killed Rangers’ chance of winning as he was everywhere for them all night. First in the box in the attack but also was back winning the ball as soon as it was lost. He also should have scored first half but there was a great block put in by hibs

Elva with the start or Würzburg and the goal! Hope this will lead to him getting more minutes. 

Straith starts for Lotte (of course), hey play against Fortuna Köln.

EDIT: Würzburg draw at Braunschweig (2-2), Elva plays 87 minutes. I think it's the most he's played for them in a single game. 

Straiths' Sportfreunde draw Fortuna 1-1 with a goal in extra time. Straith plays the entire game. 

Chile

Juan Cordova returns from injury and is back on the bench against Audax Italiano. Stayed on the bench in a 2-0 win.

England

Hoilett starts against West Ham

France

Brym is on the Lille 2 bench. Game is against Lens. Last few mins for Brym in a 3-2 win over Lens http://allezlille.fr/index.php/fr/pros/89-national2/1687-n2j21-losc-rc-lens-3-2

Scotland

Godinho starts against Dundee FC. 90 mins in a 1-0 win

Wotherspoon starts against Livingston. 90 mins in a 3-1 loss

Zanatta starts against Dunfermline. 90 mins in a 1-0 loss.

Harry Paton is on the Ross County bench for today's match with Greenock Morton . Played the last 4 and extra time in a 2-0 win.

Aird and Trafford starting at opposite ends of each other, its Queen of the South against ICTFC. Trafford played 85 in a 1-0 win, while Aird went 76

Serbia

Borjan starts against Zemun. 4-0 final and 50th Superliga clean sheet

Turkey

Ferdi is on the Fenerbache bench for todays match with Basaksehir. Remained on the bench in a 2-1 loss 

I thought West Ham was going to tie it up but no way.

Hoilett got the hockey assist on a beautiful cross to set up the 2nd goal.

He’s clearly banged up but still super effective today on the left side.

edit - I take it back.  Hoilett is definitely Man of the Match today.  His play in the 2nd half has been great today.  He’s been the most dangerous player in the game.

You are welcome, Junior

Great game by Hoillet.  Classic winger performance, either cutting in or delivering the cross. Up against some poor defending by Fredericks but still took complete advantage of it.

Not sure how I feel about the Spurs game, always nice to see them lose but Cardiff probably needed a Saints loss there.  Keeping Cardiff in the division will be tough.  

Froese with 90 minutes in a 4-2 loss to Viktoria Köln. 

Miller, Johnson and Akindele start for Orlando at Chicago.

Hoping Miller will have a breakthrough season (and can join the MNT at the Gold Cup. I know, a little bit optimistic). 

8 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Froese with 90 minutes in a 4-2 loss to Viktoria Köln. 

Miller, Johnson and Akindele start for Orlando at Chicago.

Hoping Miller will have a breakthrough season (and can join the MNT at the Gold Cup. I know, a little bit optimistic). 

I don’t think it’s overly optimistic.  With the way our centre back position is set he will get a call if he keeps starting. 

Archived