Gender Quotas in Coaching

masster

The rule is odd, but seriously, who protests that? Is he looking out for the rights of male coaches that have a long history of being discriminated against? Or he just wants a hollow win on paper to try to get a trophy and upset a bunch of 14 year old kids on the other side?

17 hours ago, Kent said:

The rule is odd, but seriously, who protests that? Is he looking out for the rights of male coaches that have a long history of being discriminated against? Or he just wants a hollow win on paper to try to get a trophy and upset a bunch of 14 year old kids on the other side?

This.  Minor soccer is a series of fiefdoms with busy bodies overseeing their territory who spend their days rule lawyering.  One of the greatest days in my soccer administrative life was when my league got rid of the player card requirement and just used drivers licenses to prove your ID.  Nothing says fun like having some cranky old lady denying your players card as valid because one guy's face in his photo is slightly off centre from the front.  These aren't passports lady!

8 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

This.  Minor soccer is a series of fiefdoms with busy bodies overseeing their territory who spend their days rule lawyering.  One of the greatest days in my soccer administrative life was when my league got rid of the player card requirement and just used drivers licenses to prove your ID.  Nothing says fun like having some cranky old lady denying your players card as valid because one guy's face in his photo is slightly off centre from the front.  These aren't passports lady!

Years ago I was playing in an indoor men's league. The final day had semi finals and finals on the same day (first time all season that there were 2 games in a day, and yes there was a quarter final round the week prior). We won our semi final and the other semi final winner didn't realize the final was the same day, so they all went home. We were given the option to either accept a forfeit win for the championship, or come back the next week to play the final then. I couldn't believe there were a couple players that were adamant that we should take the forfeit. Like, we are a bunch of grown ups playing 3rd division Wednesday night indoor soccer. We aren't about to get pro contracts on the backs of having a championship of that calibre on our resumes. We signed up and paid to play.

Luckily common sense prevailed and we played the game. Come to think of it, I don't even remember if we won the game or not.

Archived