Grizzly

Montreal Impact 2019 Season

Yeah he was brought in to change it up and save their season and it didn’t pay off. He shouldn’t come back next year. Garde could’ve done the same or better. 

Anyone think this game versus TFc is worth attending. How depressing this season has been.  Saputo throwing good money after bad.  No culture change from Gilmore yet!   

1 hour ago, Ruud said:

Anyone think this game versus TFc is worth attending. How depressing this season has been.  Saputo throwing good money after bad.  No culture change from Gilmore yet!   

Sure it is.  Those 2 teams have played a bunch of exciting games, even when they were sucking in regular season MLS.  Montreal will be playing its CDN kids and they'll want to stick it to Toronto extra bad.  An TFC will prob play Fraser, Shaffelbourg, maybe even Okello.  Maybe Montreal will play Pantemis, ZBG, Choinere, Tabla, SHome etc.  It'll be worth it.  

3 hours ago, Ruud said:

Meh as much as I agree what’s the point to pay hard earned cash to see them lose to anyone like the worse team in the league (kinda like paying someone to kick your bits), TFC IMFC is a derby match. You never know what will happen. It’s worth it. If anything go after the whistle and bargain down for tickets. 

2 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Oh comone...

Yes, it's the same tournament. The only reason the name was changed is to increase marketability. 

Do big European clubs not count their champions league titles before it was named the champions league? They do, and so does the media.

Edited by Chad_Impact

9 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yes, it's the same tournament. The only reason the name was changed is to increase marketability. 

Do big European clubs not count their champions league titles before it was named the champions league? They do, and so does the media.

Ya.

Does Manchester United only count their EPL titles?

53 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

It's really not the same.

As much as I love the Voyageurs Cup and the story behind its inception, it was an unofficial trophy prior to 2008. It had all the status of the Trillium Cup or Cascadia Cup. In 2007, the country's only D1 team at the time wasn't even a participant.

Regardless, big respect to the Impact organization for always treating it as important, even when it was literally contested between two D2 teams under a schedule that was set by an American minor league.

The comparisons to the Champions League and Premier League are incorrect, because their predecessors were still official tournaments, but with different formats.

8 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

It's the same. 

By that logic, let's not count TFC's 4 title's when they were the only "d1" team. 

10 titles.

The logic isn't the same, because from 2008 onward it was an official championship run by the federation with its own dedicated fixtures. Before that it was a fan trophy grafted onto regular-season USL matches, albeit a trophy near and dear to us here.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:31 AM, shamrock said:

Season saved! Well, sorta. 

For me going to the Champions League is huge.  Now the work begins to reshape this franchise. Getting rid of the dead wood management of DeSantis and company was a good first step. 

Sorry to disturb this V cup pissing contest, but I have some Impact questions some MTL fans may help me with....

MLSPA came out with updated 2019 salaries today. I noticed that Tabla and ZBG, both on loan from big European clubs, are making small money with the Impact. Brault-Guillard is on 81k and Tabla is only on 70k...

Question: what is the deal here? Are they getting money from their parent clubs to supplement this, or is that their total salary? I noticed the Bolonga players are making significantly more (+/- 300k), so I assume that is their total salary and no extra money is coming from Bolonga. Saputo owns Bolonga anyways. Either way, I am quite shocked at how low thoss other figures are.....

I know Tabla is a Barca B player and ZBG can barely be considered a Lyon first teamer, but come on, is this actually their salary? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Edited by Obinna

On 9/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, RS said:

The logic isn't the same, because from 2008 onward it was an official championship run by the federation with its own dedicated fixtures. Before that it was a fan trophy grafted onto regular-season USL matches, albeit a trophy near and dear to us here.

It doesn't matter what it was or wasn't, it was started by us, and thankfully has become a legit tournament. It's history is it's history. 

Agree to disagree I guess...

anyways this is news: 

He'll be sporting director but still under Sabatini who is the head for both Bologna and the Impact. 

Edited by Chad_Impact